F1 2004 - Let the race begin :D

Mclaren and Räikkönen did so well, I think I'm gonna throw up. I was hoping for a lot better race performance at least. And I was awake through all the night for that... :(

Yes it's Sauber. Lots of people were querying if this years sauber is last years ferrari since it looks alot like it. But the FIA have checked it out and said it ain't the same car. This years ferrari is an evolution of last years F2003-GA .. and seems alot more stable. Of course the super engine helps as well. Funny thing is Sauber are using the same engine Ferrari are using this year as well as the rear suspension.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
So that time of month is up again. So who do you think will win this week?

My money's on
1) Michael
2) Rubens
3) Alonso

There's not much choice is there... ;)
I think Micky will win.. yawnnn

Well there is Renault and Alonso to worry about. If indeed it turns out to be warm and the Michelin's are better than Bridgestone in the heat then Renault should win. JPM and Ralf do have a good car under them, JPM must just keep his cool and Ralf must decide to actually be fast and maybe they'll take it.

Atm though, Bridgestone are saying their type is very good and it looks like it might rain(so the temp. might be down). Still funny things have happened before :D

US

Unknown Soldier said:
Well there is Renault and Alonso to worry about. If indeed it turns out to be warm and the Michelin's are better than Bridgestone in the heat then Renault should win. JPM and Ralf do have a good car under them, JPM must just keep his cool and Ralf must decide to actually be fast and maybe they'll take it.

Atm though, Bridgestone are saying their type is very good and it looks like it might rain(so the temp. might be down). Still funny things have happened before :D

US

Yeah like having only 6 or 8 cars finishing the race cause all the other ones crashed?!?!? Yep, happened... :LOL:

Micky all the way... Unless he crashes, or something really wrong happens, after the royal ass-beating he gave everyone else 2 weeks ago, i'd go for him... It's getting boring though...

london-boy said:
Probably using a second-hand Ferrari engine that Ferrari was using in the championship in 1998.... :LOL: :LOL:

They use the same engine as Ferrari this year, the reason Ferrari slowed at the end of the race was to preserve the engine, as a Sauber had a failure and as they use the same one they didn't want it to happen to Schumi's car :p

The SAME engine?? Why would Ferrari do that? Not saying it's not true, i'm just curious as to why would Ferrari give their "best" (in theory) engine to a competitor... Even if they make money out of it, isn't it a bit strange?

They say it's true. Sauber is a true satellite team to Ferrari as of this season. My guess is that they supplied this year's engine for a couple of reasons... One is that the new regulations requires new engines(more reliable), maybe last year's engine couldn't be (reasonably)detuned for reliability. The other is that twice as many engines means twice as much test-data for further development.

MPI said:
The other is that twice as many engines means twice as much test-data for further development.

MMMmmmm sneaky... I mean it's not like they have anything to worry about from Sauber so it's a win-win situation for them...

Easy victory to Räikkönen, again. :)

I really hope that this week is more entertaining than the last race.

Qualifying just over.

Now, before I forget, tomorrow starting position

1. Schumacher
2. Webber (Good job)
3. Barrichello
4. Montoya
5. Raikkonen
6. Button
7. Schumacher junior
8. Trulli
9. Coulthard (Dissapointment yet again)
10. Da Matta
11. Massa
12. Fisichella
13. Klien
14. Panis
15. Heidfeld
16. Bruni
17. Baumgartner
18. Pantano
19. Sato
20. Alonso (beached his car on the gravel)

Good race hopefully tomorrow.

Gnep said:
What on earth has webber been eating? :)

Roo meat, helped him jump over the curves :)

It's good to see FIA have now scheduled 2 races:

Malaysian GrandPrix will start at 15:00
Ferrari F1 will start at 15:30

As expected from M. Schumacher & Montoya. Great job from Button. Jaguar on the front row was novel. Unfortunately, Webber cooked the start. Clutch apparently. R. Schumacher didn't help with his kamikaze effort, either... His after race comments that Webber didn't give him enough room to avoid contact were laughable given he shunted the Jaguar from behind.... :rolleyes:

Back