Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

They REALLY nailed the lighting and overall color grading Including cars. I like how clean this looks during gameplay. Will online be up to 16 or 20 players?

Yeah and then you can expect impact/crash physics to look unrealistic as hell again :( I'm adult and realize GT was never about crashing but accidents happen during real racing and will have impact on the race/Driver. Should be the same in racing games or why would they aim for simulation in some aspects and ignore others?

Because users doesn't care/know the difference.

I though about creating a threat to discuss how far away we are from having CFD on games but I'm not sure it would be very active :(

The only thing that it is bothering me strongly is the fact that not a single car headlight is casting any light on the road surface. In any video or screenshot. In any gameplay vid or a replay.

In GT6 they at least used a modest lights only for players car [all other cars only had fake headlights that did not illuminate anything], with two small lights in front of the car and then a long lights far in front of it.
city-of-arts-and-sciences-night_2.jpg

1min 1sec mark for example

GTSport does not have even that.

pCARS has full lights for entire grid of cars [even on consoles], and the lighting effect of dusk/night race are awesome in it. I really like how I can see very distant lights illuminating trees so far away from me in nirburgring, or seeing the distant lights at turn 4 in willow springs when I'm at the start straight.

If anyone else was having trouble getting in from canada, they solved the problem yesterday...
For our Canada and LATAM friends that ran into issues with your voucher code, please try again.
This was resolved as of Friday, 3/31 at 8am PDT

The only thing that it is bothering me strongly is the fact that not a single car headlight is casting any light on the road surface. In any video or screenshot. In any gameplay vid or a replay.

In GT6 they at least used a modest lights only for players car [all other cars only had fake headlights that did not illuminate anything], with two small lights in front of the car and then a long lights far in front of it.
city-of-arts-and-sciences-night_2.jpg

1min 1sec mark for example

GTSport does not have even that.

pCARS has full lights for entire grid of cars [even on consoles], and the lighting effect of dusk/night race are awesome in it. I really like how I can see very distant lights illuminating trees so far away from me in nirburgring, or seeing the distant lights at turn 4 in willow springs when I'm at the start straight.
That sticks out like a sore thump. Considering how much GT was pushing visuals, this is pretty disappointing

Light sources from headlamps were shown in the E3 and PSX 2016 media. They also have PR images where the effect is disabled. Guess it'll be one of those things we have to wait until the final build to see if they managed to keep it in. Currently in the beta the only framerate dips I've noticed are in replays when all cars are bunched together with the headlights on, so there's probably still quite a bit of optimizing they have to do.

gts1ths9i.gif

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_06-14-16_093.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_06-14-16_086.jpg

Last edited:
I would be happy if those lights at least made it into the Pro version of the game.

BTW, those are some nice reflections on the tiled wall inside the tunnel. The question is, is that wall now illuminating the cars? :D

That video actually presents me with the most convincing argument why car damage, certainly to that level, isn't wanted or needed. In a real race, which GT is trying to simulate, you'd never drive a car in that condition. The most you'll endure is a couple of bent panels from close knocks. Anything serious and you'd leave the race, I'd have thought.

Well this is a game and not a real "simulator" since like every other it only use a simplify model to show physic real but in the end is nowhere near to reality. Despite companies effort to pay professional drivers to say how real they feel it.

That video actually presents me with the most convincing argument why car damage, certainly to that level, isn't wanted or needed. In a real race, which GT is trying to simulate, you'd never drive a car in that condition. The most you'll endure is a couple of bent panels from close knocks. Anything serious and you'd leave the race, I'd have thought.
Yes. This is why I would actually love GT to have damage which would total your car since it is supposed to recreate real life racing. But in GT's case, hitting a wall at 200km would not stop you from continuing to the finish line as if nothing happened. Which is worse

You could cut to a simpler smash-up model or something for the replays and effects. The important thing is to end the race, and not have to model all the car's internals as well as externals for when cars are driving around with their panels ripped off, and create shaders for cracked glass and nonsense.

yup, you obviously don't drive a car in that condition thats why a more hardcore mode would mean that bad crashes are the end of your race so either re try in SP or spectate the rest of race in multiplayer. But you can't have this when there is no visual element that tells you how good/bad the car condition is.

Well this is a game and not a real "simulator" since like every other it only use a simplify model to show physic real but in the end is nowhere near to reality. Despite companies effort to pay professional drivers to say how real they feel it.

They do it the other way, through GT academy they take the best players and turn them into professional racedrivers.

This level of damage would be great.
GT could be the demonss souls of racing; with that kind of damage, only no rewind, plus you have a 10% chance that you die in a big collision; then it deletes your career profile.
Also, even if you survive the crash, your car will be totalled and you can obviously not complete the race or maybe not even the season if your money ran out.

I would love that kind of mode to be honest; you can be certain that people would learn how to drive before putting their profile on the line :)

They do it the other way, through GT academy they take the best players and turn them into professional racedrivers.

That wasn't my point. Racing games that call themself "simulators" are still far away from being near reality so crashes are not exception.

Back