Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I wonder why Sony wouldn't allow an extensive Pro footage to be recorded? In a way this is counter productive to their newest PS4 SKU, I understand the catering for Amateur PS4s but it wouldn't hurt to upload a 15 min Pro footage to Gamersyde and really showcase how Horizon is meant to look in its full glory. I just don't understand these multi billion dollar company would spend mountains of $$ on R&D but would cheapen out on a measly upload fee?

With the PC on top. And there'll be a natural pecking order as gamers properly align into classes. Which is at it should be. It's been far too anarchic/egalitarian with all console gamers on the same level which is partly what's led to the console wars. All these gamers thinking their console is better because the difference aren't significant enough to be unarguable. But now it's very much PC > Scorpio > Pro > PS4 > XB1 and we all know who we're allowed to pick on and who we're supposed to servilely doff our caps to.

offtopic: I always pictured the PC race living in a dump, like sector 7 in FF VII, going through the consoles' garbage in hope of finding a quality title which was released years ago, GTA or something like that. And then celebrating among the other scavengers/software pirates that they can run it in a higher resolution, with forced AA or something like that, while the console players which are living on top, are too busy playing AAA exclusives which won't ever come to PC anyway.

ontopic: amateur is a joke because of the title of the PS4.5 being pro (fessional), the opposite of professional is amateur so I think it's a good joke.

I know some people who work on this game, they believe it is their finest work yet (they were heavy critical of KZ:SF, which was rushed for launch as all mission should have had multiple objectives with a free route). I am exited even though I don't even have PS4 as my primary console.

It does look incredible, i'm looking forward to spending time with the game and the tod slider to see where their lighting falters. I think this is the first time in a long while Guerrilla attempted real time lighting :yep2:

Last edited:
Oh boy did I unintentionally opened a can of bad worms :oops:on the unsubstantiated idea of console hierarchy. But like someone has pointed out, "amateur" is indeed a joke directly relates to "Pro-fessional" and I thought we understood the reference:LOL:, but ok it seems like it backfired on me totally. Anyway no console superiority intended, I'm very much against the notion of this Master race and Peasant piss contest. I just wanted Sony to put more effort into marketing their game for all their SKUs so the respective customers would be more informed.

Anyway back on topic, love the new Machines short clips, the amount of details went into those bots are incredible, can't wait to test them out in all kinds of lighting condition via photomode.

Direct capture (PNG) from someone playing the game, base Ps4

1486900980426j6rju.png

At first glance the AA seems to be doing a good job

Really glad to see varied terrain. The ingame map did hint at it.

The IQ on that shot looks marvelous especially on a standard PS4 and everything just has such a high quality touch to it, no crappy low res foliage, no shimmering, good res shadows, nice lighting, the only thing to complain about is perhaps the distant fog which I assume might serve as either to cover up for the weak LOD or for pure aesthetics. Regardless it looks stunning. More reviewers should drop these interesting nuggets I say:), keep us on the hook just enough till launch.

The IQ on that shot looks marvelous especially on a standard PS4 and everything just has such a high quality touch to it, no crappy low res foliage, no shimmering, good res shadows, nice lighting, the only thing to complain about is perhaps the distant fog which I assume might serve as either to cover up for the weak LOD or for pure aesthetics. Regardless it looks stunning. More reviewers should drop these interesting nuggets I say:), keep us on the hook just enough till launch.
I'm worried it might be a bit of a putting "best foot forward" shot. The dust cloud covers up alot of the distant lod meshes and mipmaps. Hopefully I'm wrong and its this gorgeous everywhere.

edit: never mind thats exactly what you mentioned. I'm getting in the bad habit of not finishing reading peoples posts. :runaway:

Last edited:
I caved, this has GTA sandbox type game that I get tired of after 5-10 missions all over it, but I just pre-ordered. Hype train was to tempting to join.....

Back