News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this will be walled of from ID@Xbox. Will we see it distinguished on the marketplace as ID, AAA, and indie. Or will games as apps somehow not be allowed outside of ID.

So many questions, lots of answers soon I guess.

I wonder how this will be walled of from ID@Xbox. Will we see it distinguished on the marketplace as ID, AAA, and indie. Or will games as apps somehow not be allowed outside of ID.

So many questions, lots of answers soon I guess.

This is probably an expansion of ID. I am guessing that the devs of current ID apps in development will receive the universal app sdk much early than general devs to smooth the transition.

I will let you know if I end up being allowed to let you know. ;) I applied a long time ago, but with my project on hold due to (now twin 15mos olds) I made it clear I was not in a rush. Although I would not mind the Unity Pro account now, maybe if I ask nicely?
I would love to have the full SDK, but then again I would not be wanting to break...um certain things...I do fear ninjas!

I will let you know if I end up being allowed to let you know. ;) I applied a long time ago, but with my project on hold due to (now twin 15mos olds) I made it clear I was not in a rush. Although I would not mind the Unity Pro account now, maybe if I ask nicely?
I would love to have the full SDK, but then again I would not be wanting to break...um certain things...I do fear ninjas!
oh wow, congrats ! twins sounds a bit tough heh. I've only 1 kid (18mos), 1 in the oven, not sure if twins but would freak out if so!

I think the Xbox marketplace could be curated properly. I guess they decided at first this is what they wanted to do, but needed to wait for Windows 10 to be released before they could do it, having that 'broken' marketplace is likely what they wanted to avoid.

Congrats, let us know what you are having as I am well stocked on boy stuff.

They really need to rethink the store, Win10 store is still rough as is X1. Zune desktop app ironically has some things they could learn and apply to the current stores. X360 store could be better applied to X1.

Twins =
first three months zero sleep, just not possible. I do not remember anything from this period either, it is just gone from my memory. We look at pictures and just don't remember how we lived through that. Now that they are walking it gets interesting, as they both go in opposite directions. Thankfully they have a walled off playroom that really helps with sanity for everyone.

Edit: Tricky title on this made me think universal apps would be more simple, then I kept reading. :p Link

Last edited:
Congrats, let us know what you are having as I am well stocked on boy stuff.

They really need to rethink the store, Win10 store is still rough as is X1. Zune desktop app ironically has some things they could learn and apply to the current stores. X360 store could be better applied to X1.

Twins =
first three months zero sleep, just not possible. I do not remember anything from this period either, it is just gone from my memory. We look at pictures and just don't remember how we lived through that. Now that they are walking it gets interesting, as they both go in opposite directions. Thankfully they have a walled off playroom that really helps with sanity for everyone.

Edit: Tricky title on this made me think universal apps would be more simple, then I kept reading. :p Link
Man I really wish that 1 year I was off trying to make a game I really completed something.

If there is a lesson learned, finish what you start! ;)
18 mos
when they learn how to say no, oh man ...

Good luck with your twins, Jwm.

I am in a rush and I purchased Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris, NBA Live 15, Sniper Elite III and Styx: Master of Shadows (I also wanted Lords of the Fallen but the offer isn't there anymore? I wonder if it happens in the American store too or in any other store).

I am like 170 Km away from home and I just want to ask that if having the console on quick startup mode means that all of those games will be downloaded when I get home tomorrow early in the morning.

(I also wanted Lords of the Fallen but the offer isn't there anymore? I wonder if it happens in the American store too or in any other store).

There's been quite a bit of back and forth about whether or not Lords of the Fallen was supposed to be included in the sale, it seems the developer, MS, and the publisher can't quite agree. For now, it's back up to full price.

I am like 170 Km away from home and I just want to ask that if having the console on quick startup mode means that all of those games will be downloaded when I get home tomorrow early in the morning.

I don't know if you meant this to be a word problem, in which case I'd need to know the size of the downloads, the speed of your ISP and the speed at which you are traveling. If you just meant if they should be automatically downloading, then yes. Everything I buy off the net gets downloaded immediately. It then takes a bit to install it when I get home, but the downloads have all been complete. (Except for updates that are needed after installing the game, of course.)

"simply double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y"

I only tried to shout at my kinect to "record that", anyone know what the shortcuts are for Video recording (yes i could google it). But i hope it is more intuitive than that.

Controller shortcut for "Record That" is double-tapping the Xbox Button to bring up Snap Center & then pressing X. For voice control on screenshots you say "Xbox Take a Screenshot". Yeah, kinda long.

Tommy McClain

There's been quite a bit of back and forth about whether or not Lords of the Fallen was supposed to be included in the sale, it seems the developer, MS, and the publisher can't quite agree. For now, it's back up to full price.

I don't know if you meant this to be a word problem, in which case I'd need to know the size of the downloads, the speed of your ISP and the speed at which you are traveling. If you just meant if they should be automatically downloading, then yes. Everything I buy off the net gets downloaded immediately. It then takes a bit to install it when I get home, but the downloads have all been complete. (Except for updates that are needed after installing the game, of course.)

I think this only happen if the console is set as your home console, just in case for some reason it is not.

:D Well, it's a bit of everything. The size of the downloads is large, because some games I got weigh well over 20GB, then my connection speed is "just" 6MB. My console is set as my home home. My download speed It's not bad taking into account I live in a relatively isolated, mountainous area.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain"? Well, something similar. I wholeheartedly recommend you to watch the movie, regardless.

XboxOne screen capture does not compress the pictures! Besides that the screen captures are created in PNG format and uploaded in the native resolution of the game.

http://segmentnext.com/2015/02/21/xbox-one-screen-capture-feature-doesnt-compress-pictures/

Some captures from this NeoGAF thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996446

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Controller shortcut for "Record That" is double-tapping the Xbox Button to bring up Snap Center & then pressing X. For voice control on screenshots you say "Xbox Take a Screenshot". Yeah, kinda long.

Tommy McClain

They should have gone with

Xbox say cheese!

XboxOne screen capture does not compress the pictures!
Nice quality. Much better for showcasing the game. Also great for pixel counting! :D
esides that the screen captures are created in PNG format and uploaded in the native resolution of the game.
You mean output resolution? There are lots of 1080p images of sub-1080p games in that NeoGAF thread.

Finally made the plunge & bought an Xbox One. I went with the Staples deal for a refurbished Kinect bundle with Ryse included for $340. With free shipping & tax it came to $373. I was going to go with the Microsoft Store bundle at $400, but they dropped Titanfall & increased the price to $429. Made the Staples deal a no brainer. System works great & there were only 3 slightly noticeable scratches. Other than that looks brand new. Bought Halo MCC first & all of the Games with Gold games did show up on my list to be installed. So I have a pretty good instant library. Don't have a cable or satellite TV box, but did plug my 360 into the HDMI In. Works great for Netflix since the wife isn't real comfortable with the XB1 & voice. Once I get my Harmony remote setup for XB1 I'm sure we'll stop using the 360 except for my old digital games. Still have a backlog there that's not on XB1 and I need to finish. So far experience is about what I expected. But I think I need to upgrade my Internet speed. :)

P.S. Box doesn't seem as big I expected. Still hate that I can't stand it vertical though.. But man, is it super quiet!

Tommy McClain

Finally made the plunge & bought an Xbox One. I went with the Staples deal for a refurbished Kinect bundle with Ryse included for $340. With free shipping & tax it came to $373. I was going to go with the Microsoft Store bundle at $400, but they dropped Titanfall & increased the price to $429. Made the Staples deal a no brainer. System works great & there were only 3 slightly noticeable scratches. Other than that looks brand new. Bought Halo MCC first & all of the Games with Gold games did show up on my list to be installed. So I have a pretty good instant library. Don't have a cable or satellite TV box, but did plug my 360 into the HDMI In. Works great for Netflix since the wife isn't real comfortable with the XB1 & voice. Once I get my Harmony remote setup for XB1 I'm sure we'll stop using the 360 except for my old digital games. Still have a backlog there that's not on XB1 and I need to finish. So far experience is about what I expected. But I think I need to upgrade my Internet speed. :)

P.S. Box doesn't seem as big I expected. Still hate that I can't stand it vertical though.. But man, is it super quiet!

Tommy McClain
nice!
yEA Access also provide a pretty good instant library as well for dirt cheapr. $5 dollars for a lot of games.

nice!
yEA Access also provide a pretty good instant library as well for dirt cheapr. $5 dollars for a lot of games.

If you like their games then it can be a good deal, but they don't have anyyhing that interests me at the moment. Star Wars Battlefront looks promising though. Never played the originals. Unfortunately one game isn't enough to warrant their subscription.

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back