News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly that TV looks similar to some of the drawings on the 720 leak, and how odd that the TV was in front the whole time.

Ok, I was expecting something about the one too...

You can stream games to WIndows 10 devices, your gamertag moves to windows 10, you can play cross-platform with any WIndows 10 device, Xbox One gets Windows 10 and universal apps, Xbox Live services work on Windows 10. That's actually quite a bit of Xbox One info, and a big change to the platform. It's no longer an island.

Ok, I was expecting something about the one too...

Windows installations.. 167 trillion.
Xbox One sales.. 10 million-ish.

It's easy to understand why they are focussing on Windows as mutable platform rather than specific hardware.

that is live on windows 10

So you don't think cross-platform play is an Xbox One feature? You don't think Windows 10 and Universal Apps on Xbox One is an Xbox One feature? You don't think opening Xbox Live to other Windows devices is an Xbox One feature?

Well I am sure Media Center as it sits today will run fine in Win10, as it has already been done by those in preview (I have not tried as it breaks updating).

Fable Legends and UE4 with DX12 was a bit of a non-surprise given how silent and NDA'd things have been with the beta. Also explains why we had native PC screenshots.

Has there been any word on what's happening on the console when someone is streaming? Can the rest of the family continue to use the tv functions, etc?

Why would anyone want to stream to windows? It's not as if a tablet is at all a good form factor for playing xbox one games. There's certainly no benefit in streaming to a desktop. The only folks slightly interested in doing that would have a gaming PC far more powerful. Someone with a crappy Dell workstation? They wouldn't bother and would be a gamer solely on the Xbox, not PC form factor.

They wouldn't want to stream to the xbox from PC either (which would make more sense and works great with Steam -> HTPC) because that would de-value the "power" of the Xbone.

I have 14 digital games on XB1 .. I'm glad I can play them on my PC/Tablet anywhere in my apartment ...

There are times I just relax on my balcony with a tablet in hand reading news, I wouldn't mind spinning up DAI or FH2 and just playing those games right there ...

Stream to a laptop or a surface pro with a keyboard and mouse. Why not? Stream Xbox One exclusives to your pc. Why not? I doubt it'll be a heavily used feature. They really need streaming from PC to Xbox One for PC games on your tv.

Stream to a laptop or a surface pro with a keyboard and mouse. Why not? Stream Xbox One exclusives to your pc. Why not? I doubt it'll be a heavily used feature. They really need streaming from PC to Xbox One for PC games on your tv.
I'm sure it will come , NVidia / steam already do it

Everyone see this

QnsRTbP.png

One thing that hasn't picked up much press in addition to streaming and cross-platform play, is that now voice and party chat is available between PC's and consoles, even outside of games. Video messages are also rumored to be coming soon.

As for PC to console streaming; aren't most PC games still primarily designed for mouse and keyboard? How would that translate? At least in the X1 to PC scenario the X1 controller can always be plugged in and used normally as long as the PC has an open usb port. And the X1 has dedicated encoding hardware that is being leveraged to facilitate the stream, which the vast majority of PC's would lack. Not saying that its not possible, but I think the system, configuration, and technical challenges with the variability in PC systems and games make it more difficult.

Steam streaming barely works for me, I thought I had a good router so I dunno what I am missing.

Back a couple of pages ago I wondered if WiFi direct will help, not to my PC (wired) but certainly to my Pro 3.

They really do need to make a Surface controller like dock, only has two votes on the feedback site though. I will find the link.

There are times I would play at my PC, but honestly it would be on the tablet more than anything.

What is cool about Steam is that I can stream media center. :)

And what the heck are people still using media extender for?
I use it to play to my 360 which goes into the X1 for all our DVR needs. But you really don't want @eastmen and I to get started on that again. Ha-ha

I have been using a PC for cable/sat since the old ATI solution that came with the amazing 9700AIW. Rage II before that I guess.

I use it to play to my 360 which goes into the X1 for all our DVR needs. But you really don't want @eastmen and I to get started on that again. Ha-ha

I have been using a PC for cable/sat since the old ATI solution that came with the amazing 9700AIW. Rage II before that I guess.
yea I have 8 xbox's running media extender and 3 tunners giving me 14 channels that we can watch / record at once. We pay $9 bucks for the cable cards to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back