News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredible in how many uninteresting details he can dig

Microsoft have had to do a fair bit of catching up on some useful but mundane features. Some of these little improvements will make some people very happy! The coolest feature Apple have dropped into OS X lately is a Mac being able to make/receive calls using via a nearby iPhone and being able to review and send SMS and iMessage messages. Hardly ground breaking, but genuinely useful the way I work :yep2:

Huge paradigm shifting improvements in operating systems are probably well behind us.

Project Spartan has been known about for a long while but it's interesting that Microsoft feel it necessary to bother with a browser given universal support by every other browser.

Yay Phil Spencer..

"MORE INCREDIBLE"

"EPIC MOMENTS"

"LIVE WORKING CODE"

Sorry, I'll stop now :)

App colours looks familiar. Where have I seen those in a gaming UI before? Hmmm... Black and grey.. black and grey.. black and grey..

My browser went into a buffering spasm when Phil was talking about video capture on PC. Did he explain how it worked? Is it always buffering?

Phil Spencer: "Stream from Xbox One to another device. Fuck GAIKAI. Fuck it." :yes:

streaming of any xbox game to any windows 10 tablet or PC

done/ confirmed

lol playing from work on my work PC at lunch time.. sweet

edit: I believe this is local wifi/network only from the sounds of it/ at least that's what the verge wrote. I don't see why it would be too hard to let the traffic go all the way out like how PS4 can internet remote to it's Vita

Final Edit: Yes only local wifi
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/21/7863147/Xbox-one-windows-10-streaming-microsoft

Last edited:
Windows 10 on Xbox One confirmed. Developers that want their apps on tv are going to be able to do it. Let's go. Info at GDC.

Edit:
THat video showed game invites on the Windows 10 app. With cross platform plat, shit is about to get real awesome. Please though, I don't want to play shooters against people with mice and keyboards :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back