Forum Software Change!

As Malo says, press the + button on the editor toolbar and it's right there.
Ah. Thank you! (thanks @Malo too :)) Still, that's a bit odd a place to put such a feature, which I think most people would use A LOT more often than say, indent/outdent, or un/ordered lists.

Oh, and by the way. It's not possible to edit text by dragging a selected block and plopping it down where you want it, for some strange reason. It's like the text box is a highly custom...thing. Copy/pasting text also causes the whole post to re-draw, sometimes causing a delay of upwards of a second or so. Server-side lag, maybe? If so, why, does the text editor really have to run server-side?

Multi-quote is a low frequency function to me and certainly used less that single reply :p
Almost every post I've made used multi-quote. I click the multi-quote button as I read the thread and when I get to the end I reply. Often I've only quoted a single post, but I used multi-quote. The implementation here is confusing.

That's how I'd use it by and large too. You read through a thread and when you encounter a "he's wrong," "that's wrong," or "this guy's completely wrong" moment, you add it to the multiquote and sort them all out in one post at the end. :yep2:

You're right! Although it jumps to the bottom. Would be nicer if added the quote but didn't jump. Or if it added all multi-quoted posts when you hit reply, which I think is the most user-intuitive option.
I just tried right click "open in new tab" on the quote button so the previous window stays in the same location. Does that help?

There is a dark theme available if you look in the bottom left of the page. There's a button labelled Beyond3D which brings up the theme selector.

There is a dark theme available if you look in the bottom left of the page. There's a button labelled Beyond3D which brings up the theme selector.

Maybe it's not dark enough for him? Perhaps he wants a midnight black on midnight black style. ;)

When I came to this thread to see Brit's post, all the orange links were black! I thought you had tweaked the theme of this one thread to match your post!

I noticed after the switch that RSPC has decloaked. It shows up when I'm not signed in, which leads me to think visibility is handled differently now. It also seems to be indexed in Google, although honestly I've never given much thought about that before the swtich to know if that were true then.
Not that I mind if my time-travelling-lizard-illuminati theories are out there for the world to see...

Thanks I didn't know that.

Maybe it's not dark enough for him? Perhaps he wants a midnight black on midnight black style. ;)

No it is alright. Although I wish changed the color of bar at the top but it's not that much of a problem. I figured out how to change the color too.

BTW how do you multi quote here?

RPSC should only be visible to group members, I'll take a look at that.

Hmm... it used to be visible to me before (and I was a member before I went silent for a few years), and I was able to post in it as recently as yesterday, but now it's not visible anymore.

I migrated all old RPSC users to the new user group when we moved to the new software. Or at least I thought I did because you weren't part of the new group. I've just added you.

RPSC should now only be visible to users in the group. I don't yet have a nice way for people to add themselves to it but I'll work on that.

In the meantime, if you want in then let me know.

I migrated all old RPSC users to the new user group when we moved to the new software. Or at least I thought I did because you weren't part of the new group. I've just added you.

RPSC should now only be visible to users in the group. I don't yet have a nice way for people to add themselves to it but I'll work on that.

In the meantime, if you want in then let me know.

A little hackish, but you could create a new custom user field [RSPC] then add-in automatic user group promotion to add that secondary group to any user with a value in that field.

Reactions: Rys
A little hackish, but you could create a new custom user field [RSPC] then add-in automatic user group promotion to add that secondary group to any user with a value in that field.
Yeah that's pretty much the easiest way with existing code to achieve self opt-in.

When I came to this thread to see Brit's post, all the orange links were black! I thought you had tweaked the theme of this one thread to match your post!

I have had that happen too, a refresh changes them back. I thought it might be an issue with chrome.

Yeah I don't know what's happening there. It doesn't happen often but when it does damn it's loud! Orange title bars everywhere.

I've had it repeat once too in the normal forum. All orange became black. Seems the themes get muddled sometimes.

So does it just happen in the dark theme or is it sometimes happening in the other Beyond3D theme?

Does it happen in the XenForo default theme?

I think I'm using the default theme, and I haven't seen anything strange at all. IE11 browser, by the way...

It would be nice though to have the forum quick-select combo box back! Maybe add that to your list? :)

Back