Formula 1 - 2014 Season

Yep, only one is counted as the required "horn" and the other is some airduct thing

I don't know exactly the function of each nose, but IIRC, the rules stated that there can only be 1 cross section on the nose at 50mm from the tip. I bet the nose length differs by 50.000000001mm :)

I don't know exactly the function of each nose, but IIRC, the rules stated that there can only be 1 cross section on the nose at 50mm from the tip. I bet the nose length differs by 50.000000001mm :)

@ScarbsF1 said on Twitter that “The two tusks are unequal lengths, longer one forms the 9000mm2 tip, the other is also a crash strcuture, both act as Y250 flow conditioners”

But how much is the difference? The unequal lengths probably made because of the 50mm thing that I mentioned, otherwise it would probably be better if it was symmetrical.

Here's the new Ferrari:

f14t-team.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25858641

From the front, F14T looks nicer than the other cars, but from the side it is the ugliest.
There seems to be a large increase in sponsors on the car too.

Not impressed by these cars; They are worse in almost every way. :cry:

The car have more black color now. It was originally all red hot until they realized that it just melted the nose. To prevent further meltdown they increased the black color.

That is one ugly car...

From the front, F14T looks nicer than the other cars, but from the side it is the ugliest.

I think there is a vintage look to that nose.

They are all as ugly as bitches, except perhaps the new McLaren but that's because of its silver colour :rolleyes:

They look like this:

2cqi652.png

2me4uaa.png

Reliability will be "fundamental" to winning the Formula 1 world championship in 2014, according to Ferrari technical director James Allison

and not pretty like that:

33bzwgi.png

:cry:

The car have more black color now. It was originally all red hot until they realized that it just melted the nose. To prevent further meltdown they increased the black color.

That is surely something that I wanna hear more about :oops:

I have to say, I somehow love how the Ferrari just looks different. I thought it was quite ugly too, but the sheer uglyness is making me think there's something I really like about it.

I like the Ferrari. The sudden steep drop isn't very pretty but the nose at least looks like a nose and not some stuck on dildo afterthought. It looks a bit like a thinner version of the 70's noses.

jabo_rena_1977_21.jpg

Edit; They should bring back tires like on the car above :D

So far I like all the cars except Toro Rosso (nose). I must set recording of 1st F1 tests as it should be hilarious to watch all the cars stopping on track at random :)

BTW did you guys hear that apparently Lotus is trying to lure Martin Whitmarsh as their new Team Principal! I wonder if he will want a job where everyday you have to make excuses why you didn't pay this or that yet ...

So far I like all the cars except Toro Rosso (nose). I must set recording of 1st F1 tests as it should be hilarious to watch all the cars stopping on track at random :)

BTW did you guys hear that apparently Lotus is trying to lure Martin Whitmarsh as their new Team Principal! I wonder if he will want a job where everyday you have to make excuses why you didn't pay this or that yet ...

What? You mean you don't like the new Strap-on Rosso?
straprosso.jpg

Back