Microsoft Xbox Reveal Event - May 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sincerely underwhelmed.

This.

Some parts looked good but the actual game footage did not look like a large improvement.

Also all that stuff about cable channels means nothing to me, i don't live in the US or the UK.

the fact that they didn't dwell on specs shows that what will sell to people are not those minute details but the user experience and that it definitely will run the same games on the same playing field as the competition. only forum warriors care on that front, this was unveiling a redefined experience for the future...

"game machines" are dead... long liv the entertainment machine

ummm....I can already switch between TV and games at the press of a button :???: ! Whats the big deal? I don't have to change inputs, I have them all connected already !

thats still "switching inputs". that's what he meant.

when you go from input 1 to input 2 by pressing a button, that's switching inputs. it's better not to do that.

Just terrible. it's a game console....so let's not spend much time on games. Worst fears have come true.

I just hope they didn't drop media center support.

Lets hope the architecture panel will go into details, which starts in an hour or so?

the fact that they didn't dwell on specs shows that what will sell to people are not those minute details but the user experience and that it definitely will run the same games on the same playing field as the competition. only forum warriors care on that front, this was unveiling a redefined experience for the future...

bu..but..ummm....I can already switch between TV and games at the press of a button ! Whats the big deal? I don't have to change inputs, I have them all connected already !

Or the PS4 has the upperhand in almost every regard.

Couldn't get a live feed, anyway specs seem exactly what had been rumoured by vgleaks, all these farcical daydreams of 16gb ram and 5tf beasts can be put to bed now surely.
Seems to me the whole thing is on die.. Ram included.
Wouldn't be surprised if they rounded up the transistor count from somewhere like 4.6 or something.

I can only think that all mammoth amount of transistor budget on memory must serve a pretty legit purpose, probably super efficiency and less heat at the expense of die area.
I think 40nm points to this, we wouldn't be getting 3tf of raw compute on 40nm..no way.

Or the PS4 has the upperhand in almost every regard.

games will not appear that significantly different to make a difference to most people

What WILL make a difference are the features that people here are poo pooing..

It is the Upper hand in the mass market

I would like to compliment with BRiT for the name Xbone.
It was by MY favorite moment of the conference.

Did they say how they integrate the TV? You would connect the coax to the back of the Xbox directly?

Or HDMI from a cable set top?

Will it be included or do you have to subscribe to XBL to get the integrated TV channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back