KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

An AR is not bullpup in design.

And that's why that fake one looks retarded...;)

All real BP designs look cool...it's when you take a real AR then turn it into a fake BP it looks dumb...:LOL:

This is a cool looking BP.

keltec-rfb-2.jpg

All real BP designs look cool...it's when you take a real AR then turn it into a fake BP it looks dumb...:LOL:

keltec-rfb-2.jpg

No, it would be an advancement because the whole point is to make a stock not wasted space.

and retarded, really?:rolleyes: maybe you should look up the definition and realize people have family members who wouldn't take kindly to that.

Also, you do realize that is very similar to the one in SF that you just said was meh :LOL:

keltec-rfb-2.jpg

It's lamentable that the RFB (pictured) was conceived and manufactured by Kel-tec. It is truly an awesome .308 design.

Relatedly, the Russians have finally made a bullpup (outside of the RFB and Microtech STG) I'm seriously considering acquiring:

kalashnikov-inc-AS1-AS2bullpup-rifles.jpg

It reminds me a bit of the weapon design of the Killzone series. Very streamlined, actually (and this is as far as I know a FIRST for any bullpup!) lets you swap out the pistol grip comes with a very nice rail system..

M82 is stupid because it takes a AR which is already forward action by design and turns it into a BP. It looks hacked without much thought...

I wasn't talking about that and was sure I made it clear when I double quoted you. :LOL:

No, it takes a lower bullpup receiver.

How nice... so many people who don't want to like KZ in the KZ SF thread... have some tea and biscuits, please.

M82 is stupid because it takes a AR which is already forward action by design and turns it into a BP. It looks hacked without much thought...

Surely we need something innovative. Copying real world designs don't cut it.

And of course, one of the classic arguments. This is about a flying vehicle in the game that happened to have two triple-barreled Gatling turrets mounted on both sides.

It : We really need to have these weapons firing from the same point.
Me : "From" the same point or "To" the same point?
It : No, no... from the same point.
Me : Wait a minute. I'm thinking that you're just complaining about the fact that the shots are currently going straight out from the facing of the guns rather than converging at the crosshairs, so you want the shots to lead out *to* the same point.
It : No, no, I mean there shouldn't have to be two streams.
Me : But there are two guns in two locations... You want there to just be one gun now?
It : That doesn't matter. You can have two of them. They should just shoot from the same spot.
Me : But they're not IN the same spot!!
It : I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. There should just be one stream of fire from one spot.
Me : Okay, so you want there to be some sort of connecting arc effect and a stream of bullets to come from the middle instead of the actual gun barrels?
It : No, they should come from the barrels, from all of them.
Me : All six of them?
It : Yes.
Me : So all six distinct locations should instead be one location and the guns will both be at that one point.
It : No, the guns will stay where they are... I like them on the sides.
Me : You just said sides... plural. That means more than one place.
It : No it doesn't.
Me : What do you mean it doesn't? Did you just mean one side, then?
It : If you have two sides of the same thing, it's all just one thing.
Me : But the thing has size! It actually takes up space!
It : Who cares about that? It just has to be in one place, which means the guns are in one place.
Me : So in other words, both the guns are in two distinct locations on the speeder, but their barrels aren't. The barrels are are all at one point somewhere out there, and that is the one and only point that bullets will stream out from.
It : See? It's that simple. You have some brains after all. Now... go drink some coffee, 'cuz you need to wake up, man.

Innovation!

Some of the pax impressions at GAF dont sound good

Killzone:Shadow Fall is trash. Multiple sub 20 FPS drops in fights, poor update rates, guns feel more ass than KZ2. Just feels disconnected from gunplay. Some people like this, whatever. Don't waste 45-60 minutes in line, go try Infamous:SS instead.

I'll get the big one out of the way: the framerate is highly variable right now. I'd estimate the range was 20 to 60 depending on where in the map I was and what kind of action was happening. Most of the time it seemed to stay at 30. There's severe aliasing issues and horrible dithering on all foliage. Worse than Witcher 2 shadow dithering.

Some of the pax impressions at GAF dont sound good

Why did you leave out the positive one of the impressions?.

The game itself was very fun, though a bit more fast paced than I expected. Kill time is still fairly long but it's kind of run and gun. I was a bit thrown off by the controls since it now uses the triggers.

The DS4 feels amazing. It's got this really tight grip feeling that I've never felt in another controller. My headphones were kinda quiet so I couldn't really judge the sound.

Another impression

I don't know what you're talking about, but the Killzone demo was nearly flawless. The controls were largely more responsive than the previous entries and the framerate rested somewhere between 45-60. I got to play multiple times today and I never experienced any of the disconcertions that you did.

Infamous wasn't even playable. We were allowed to walk in and watch an individual play through the E3 demo, and we were press.

Oh boy, who to trust here? 20-60 or 45-60?

I think we can trust both right now as the youtube footage from Rajman did slow down in some places. Optimisations must be going on as we speak. I remember GG tweeted that the SP was playable shortly after the Feb showing but all the optimizations and bug removals were yet to be done.Its a long process once th emaps are up and running. And we have already seen varying AA performance in the two maps too. So, I don't think we can have definitive statements as of yet.

We need to wait for retail product. In recent memory, Crysis 3 MP beta ran really poorly 1 month before finished game was released.

Back