KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I like it except for the blue laser though I suppose it fits with the new aesthetic direction. I wanna see it with the attachments!

Are they bringing back secondary fire for other weapons too (ala KZ1 arsenal) or is it just this gun :?:

I like it except for the blue laser though I suppose it fits with the new aesthetic direction. I wanna see it with the attachments!

Are they bringing back secondary fire for other weapons too (ala KZ1 arsenal) or is it just this gun :?:

It looks like it's meant to be a more 'high tech' version of a fiber optic sight. Completely unnecessary, flashy and wasteful but that's the vibe I'm getting.

The same 'glow' effect (which is what they want) could be achieved with a mildly radioactive substance like tritium (think Trijicon) or an actual fiber optic sight lol.

I'm with you, its kind of dumb.

I think the weapon design direction is inspired by Elysium. The railgun looked quite similar in appearance. Personally I really like the new look.
Elysium_rail_gun.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I thought that above picture was an in-game shot... I almost had a heart attack. :oops:

Can't wait for the PS7 and XB Continuous Loop for those graphics... :LOL:

If Cerny continues his "nextgen needs to be at least 10x of previous gen" belief, then in ~2019 we will get 18-20TF console with 96-128GB of 1-2TB/s ram. Then, we will get District9/Elysium in realtime. :D

Althought, I belive that Quantic Dream will be able to recreate Matt Damon very realistically on PS4 during this gen.

I'm not going to lie, I thought that above picture was an in-game shot... I almost had a heart attack. :oops:

Can't wait for the PS7 and XB Continuous Loop for those graphics... :LOL:
thats funny. It looked like a "game" bullshot to me too. I even saw polygon edges on his bald head :LOL:
I relooked at the image after I read your post and realized thats a movie pic.

thats funny. It looked like a "game" bullshot to me too. I even saw polygon edges on his bald head :LOL:
I relooked at the image after I read your post and realized thats a movie pic.

Terrible 24fps framerate though. Run that at 720p and I'd mistake it for a ps3 game.

Very "meh" on the gun. It's too bulky, and there are too many plates and fins and crap hanging off it. One of the problems with sci-fi is artists tend to make things look too "futuristic" at the expense of looking realistic. I really liked how the weapons in KZ2 mostly seemed plausible.

Hmmm, I think Insomnaic games created a whole lot more creative weapons than that. Their latest game for instance includes a weapon that turns enemies into snowmen. In the first PS3 game, they had a weapon that shot a disco ball in the air and made all enemies within range dance. And in Resistance FoM, there was a hail gun that shot tonnes of individual bullets that all bounce against the environment, or energy weapons that slowly tunnel through walls, everything.

I dont think the subject is the capability of the weapons but rather the design and feel ;)
The M82 was a freakinly amazingly looking weapon and felt like no other weapon. But I had more fun turning enemies into sheep in R&C ;)

Verdict : M82 is coolest weapon in videogaming ! and like good noisy videogamers Lets petition to get it back into the game :D !

M82_Assault_Rifle.jpg

Elegant ! :love:

Do they sell a model of the gun ?

Hmmm, I think Insomnaic games created a whole lot more creative weapons than that. Their latest game for instance includes a weapon that turns enemies into snowmen. In the first PS3 game, they had a weapon that shot a disco ball in the air and made all enemies within range dance. And in Resistance FoM, there was a hail gun that shot tonnes of individual bullets that all bounce against the environment, or energy weapons that slowly tunnel through walls, everything.

The Groovitron also ranks very high in my choice weapon list. :D

I wish more games gave you weapons/tools that can manipulate enemy AI... :cry:

It is definitively one of the coolest weapons in videogames...but the coolest weapon must be the Flak Cannon (Unreal Tournament)...easily!!

Flak Monkey FTW :cool:
:eek: You just mentioned one of the most influential games ever. I loved it to death! I don't remember the Flak Cannon much, but I do remember so well that I just loved the Minigun. I had never seen anything like that in a game, and the fire effects surrounding it were really unique back in the time.

Back