News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reddit (Major Nelson account):

OK. Let's step back a bit. In the podcast, I said I was doing something never done before. When I said "we" it was in the context of the podcast...not the overall Xbox business. Sure there are some announcements for E3 but I don't know everything that we (Xbox business) are announcing.

Dunno if it has something to do with what joker454 but I guess we won't have ponchos nor a circus, in order to break the tradition.

Nevermind now that he cleared things up. I'd want Peter Moore again showing a tattoo and back to the Xbox division. But I think Major Nelson is going to do something special, like a pose or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if it has something to do with what joker454 but I guess we won't have ponchos nor a circus, in order to break the tradition.

Nevermind now that he cleared thing up. I'd want Peter Moore again showing a tattoo and back to the Xbox division. But I think Major Nelson is going to do something special, like a pose or something.

See above. It's Major Nelson, not MS or Xbox as a whole. Big misunderstanding. Carry on.

Tommy McClain

So once external hard drive support is added what do you think the prospects are of allowing the preloading of full games to external drives / USB at Best Buy for internet cap people?

A simple touch screen kiosk with the games available to copy over to whatever you bring in?

It will allow people that don't have internet capable of multiple 50GB game downloads the ability to play without having to swap discs. Everyone wins.. you can still buy the disc version or go fully digital even for those with crap internet.

What do you think?

So once external hard drive support is added what do you think the prospects are of allowing the preloading of full games to external drives / USB at Best Buy for internet cap people?
What do you think?

doubtful, too much e-garbage. Hopefully they enable media playback off external drives though, can't stand using this play-to crap.

The problem with KSR was that people don't like those types of graphics. If it were photoreal environments with the ability to self scan your face, pock marks and all... That would have been cool. The you could use that as your avatar...

MS just may be idiots or we are considering unrealistic things for the level of technology available.

Yeah, why did they take out table tennis?

They took it out to put in tennis. Tennis, bowling, rock climbing, wake racing (or whatever it' called) seemed to be the better games. I'd prefer table tennis over real tennis. Bowling has been done in just about every motion game. Climbing looked interesting. The wave racing thing seemed pretty good, but I don't know how long I could play it. The target shooting game looked dumb, and so did soccer. They should have had boxing in there.

the kinect sports 1 have volley ball, i like it.
then its not in kinect sports 2 and 3 :/

about E3... what the heck is MS gonna show? countless new IP? Cortana? or a new game mixed with cortana tech? (LovePlusCortana from Konami+MS??)

MS is really confusing with xbox one. the name, the tv tv tv, the features that only works in US, and now their Pre-E3 announcements...

the kinect sports 1 have volley ball, i like it.
then its not in kinect sports 2 and 3 :/

about E3... what the heck is MS gonna show? countless new IP? Cortana? or a new game mixed with cortana tech? (LovePlusCortana from Konami+MS??)

MS is really confusing with xbox one. the name, the tv tv tv, the features that only works in US, and now their Pre-E3 announcements...

I have a feeling we will be surprised in a good way

I don't recall seeing this in the original list of May enhancements but apparently Skype-snapping is now available.

I'm constantly amazed at how things I thought were already available apparently weren't.

I suppose that is to be expected at any launch with any console, but it just minimizes any sort of "Oooohhh! Neat!" factor when they are things either shown or hinted at previously.

It could be just me, but I was under the impression from the original reveal that any app could be "snapped" and used while using any other app.

I guess not.

I'm constantly amazed at how things I thought were already available apparently weren't.

I suppose that is to be expected at any launch with any console, but it just minimizes any sort of "Oooohhh! Neat!" factor when they are things either shown or hinted at previously.

It could be just me, but I was under the impression from the original reveal that any app could be "snapped" and used while using any other app.

I guess not.

You could snap other apps to skype or have skype audio in the background. You couldn't snap Skype while in other apps or games. You can now with the update.

They took it out to put in tennis. Tennis, bowling, rock climbing, wake racing (or whatever it' called) seemed to be the better games. I'd prefer table tennis over real tennis. Bowling has been done in just about every motion game. Climbing looked interesting. The wave racing thing seemed pretty good, but I don't know how long I could play it. The target shooting game looked dumb, and so did soccer. They should have had boxing in there.
Table tennis was my favourite game of the original Kinect Sports and friends who played it with me loved Kinect because it was relatively accurate and fun to play.

It was cool swinging your arms in the air and watching the avatars respond to your movements really well.

Tennis is a better suit for Kinect than table tennis, I think, because the greater distance helps with any effect cause by lag.

Table tennis was my favourite game of the original Kinect Sports and friends who played it with me loved Kinect because it was relatively accurate and fun to play.

It was cool swinging your arms in the air and watching the avatars respond to your movements really well.

Tennis is a better suit for Kinect than table tennis, I think, because the greater distance helps with any effect cause by lag.

I think Tennis is less suited because you have a large court to cover in terms of movement. The players will have to walk around on their own. I haven't checked, but i'm assumign that's what happens. With table tennis you can have the player move as you move to stand up close or move back, or move side to side. Your play area will be a better match for the space you need to move in the real sport. Other than that, it's essentially the same game. So table tennis makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back