Last of Us [PS4]

I hate to be nasty or dirty about this... but at that angle, with the female corpse limping over with the rear looking like... nevermind. :no:

maybe she is going to poop on Drak- I mean Joel ( :smile: ) like the big bloater does with his gas thing... what would be too funny :D

The mud shifts when he moves etc.
Its those details that make me wonder how far a developer will go with the current hardware. It is a tiny detail that most people probably wont notice. Yet its there. But when such details are noticed and interact with the player, it is what makes the game world so much more believable. It is those details I am personally searching for. If its real time and there are such fine details during gameplay then I ll be impressed immensely.
What I want to see in games is a world that doesnt feel static and sterilized but a world that feels alive, interactive and have some form of unpredictability.

Its those details that make me wonder how far a developer will go with the current hardware. It is a tiny detail that most people probably wont notice. Yet its there. But when such details are noticed and interact with the player, it is what makes the game world so much more believable. It is those details I am personally searching for. If its real time and there are such fine details during gameplay then I ll be impressed immensely.
What I want to see in games is a world that doesnt feel static and sterilized but a world that feels alive, interactive and have some form of unpredictability.

That's what I like about the original Crysis. The vegetative environment was rendered and animated so beautifully. The way branches, leaves and grass quivered, how well the ground texturing and modeling was handled......just spectacular even 6.5 years later.

twittercorrinnewearecowu7z.jpg

https://twitter.com/Corrinne/status/478253936265019392

I hope they will do the same for U4. :)

Also if they have a 99.99% locked game at 60fps they could only use double buffering and greatly improve the rather laggy triple buffered 30fps PS3 game.

From ~150ms to maybe 67ms of input lag? that's pure gaming heaven on such an already exquisite game!

60fps would actually mean very different gameplay, probably the greatest break from the first game so far...

I'd guess it has to be 'past 60fps' in order for it to be a consistent 60fps when played.

I have always wondered if those PS4 background activities affect the frontmost game in any material way.

EDIT:
When they talk about 1080p 60fps blah blah for games like U4, the PS4 also needs to support certain background activities at the same time.

I have always wondered if those PS4 background activities affect the frontmost game in any material way.

EDIT:
When they talk about 1080p 60fps blah blah for games like U4, the PS4 also needs to support certain background activities at the same time.

Shouldn't be the case. AFAIK, the following stuff is running in background:

- PS Camera. It seems like it doesn't work for all games, but for some you can yell "Playstation Home Screen" and it pauses the game and returns to the home screen.
- Downloading & installing patches.
- PSN messages etc. ?

Remember they have one of the Jaguar cores allocated to background stuff and the OS at all times.

EDIT:

I once experienced a peculiar slowdown in Warframe. The game typically runs at butter smooth 60fps

Strangely, one day when I entered a mission the game was running at constant framerate but around the 25fps-30fps range I estimate.

It was very peculiar. It was as if something heavy was running in the background. If I recall I pushed by accident the share or home button during the loading screen before the mission started. I could never reproduce this though.

I thought it was two Jaguars for the OS? Downloading is managed by the ARM processor.

What was the ARM chip doing again? Also offloading background downloading and stuff, wasn't it, helping to do that also in standby?

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic. I thought this game looked so beautiful (only played to 50%), but also remember when I was playing it that it was being held back by resolution and aliasing issues. To have this game at 1080p and 60fps could be pretty spectacular, though of course when I played it back then, it was before next-gen took off, so it might be held back a little by that.

Such a pity I hate 'horror' style games, and this is still a bit too much of that - quite a miracle that the graphics and the gameplay being generally very satisfying (when it's not too tense) has kept me going for that long. I will be tempted to get this again. Certainly also good timing on the release - six more weeks, right?

Yeah, that might have been for NA though. I'm not sure whether the EU was mentioned.

I missed out on everything PS3, so this is going to be totally new for me. I actually like these sorts of survival, post apocalyptic games. I am massive fan of The Road (even the film), so this game is perfect.

Back