Forza 4

I dont know if its just me, but with 3 I was getting a slightly arcadish feel on how the car slights and behaves on road, although it is pretty challenging and demands same skill to other sim racers out there. Probably its one of those games that feel differemtly with a steering wheel? I never played it with one because MS sucks ass when it comes to third party peripheral support

I dont know if its just me, but with 3 I was getting a slightly arcadish feel on how the car slights and behaves on road, although it is pretty challenging and demands same skill to other sim racers out there. Probably its one of those games that feel differemtly with a steering wheel? I never played it with one because MS sucks ass when it comes to third party peripheral support

The game had a assist you could not disable.
And im with you on the steering wheel they should release a 150 euro range wheel for forza4.

An assist I could not disable?
Why would they do that? When I play racing games and especially simulators I switch off all assists. Why not have the option? It kills the purpose :???:

wtf_is_this_shit_The_Rules_Of_Trolling_s400x297_128287_580_Two_Questions-s400x297-144933-475.jpg

I believe this was the video showing it

I'm going to have to see if I can replicate when I have a chance. It's been my experience that, given the limited range lock-to-lock of the the 360 wheel turning the wheel that much, that quickly, should be resulting in much sharper and more violent turns than what that video is showing. It looks like he's driving a bus!

From what I can see the Forza 4 graphics are not "wowing" me yet, especially with "best looking game of 2011" boasts. Albeit it's a LQ replay angle footage and early mostly so I suppose things can change.

I would trade hollywood effects for a windshield any day of the week. Doubt we'll get it though. :cry:

From what I can see the Forza 4 graphics are not "wowing" me yet, especially with "best looking game of 2011" boasts. Albeit it's a LQ replay angle footage and early mostly so I suppose things can change.

Yeah with some graphically impressive games coming out this year, I thought that claim was hyperbolic.

No one said the shoe had to start out as new. :p

Forza 3 had half the amount of cars though. That's why some are a little skeptical because they even promised improved visuals.
If they can maintain the performance and make it like F3 with 16 cars and improved visuals, that's a pretty big improvement.

They could just have better LOD management/creation. The replays are a moot point to some extent, being limited to 30fps and all, but the worst case scenarios are the start of the race and far-angle camera view in-game. Even then, fitting 16 vehicles such that each take up significant amounts of screen is a rather difficult thing to do. So it'd have to come down to smarter use and displaying of polys rather than necessarily pushing significantly more. I mean, just to take an extreme example, if you're in last place and the 15 cars are lined up down the road, the car in first place doesn't really need a whole lot of polys. And who knows, maybe they have a better occlusion culling scheme for the cars themselves (cars blocking cars).

The bigger concern I would think would be RAM.

No one said the shoe had to start out as new. :p

They could just have better LOD management/creation. The replays are a moot point to some extent, being limited to 30fps and all, but the worst case scenarios are the start of the race and far-angle camera view in-game. Even then, fitting 16 vehicles such that each take up significant amounts of screen is a rather difficult thing to do. So it'd have to come down to smarter use and displaying of polys rather than necessarily pushing significantly more. I mean, just to take an extreme example, if you're in last place and the 15 cars are lined up down the road, the car in first place doesn't really need a whole lot of polys. And who knows, maybe they have a better occlusion culling scheme for the cars themselves (cars blocking cars).

The bigger concern I would think would be RAM.

Or they could just use Lionhead's Mega Mesh, because it lets you display billions of polygons in-game ;)

Disclaimer:
Mega Mesh does not allow you to display billions of polygons in-game.

Or they could just use Lionhead's Mega Mesh, because it lets you display billions of polygons in-game ;)

Disclaimer:
Mega Mesh does not allow you to display billions of polygons in-game.

I can already see the headlines on n4g.

Turn10 and Lionhead are sharing tech, forza4 to render a billion polygons a car all in realtime.

Yea, simple contrast/saturation touch ups in Photoshop show how much better the game would look with a more realistic art style.

Contrast/saturation touch ups in photoshop on a single image may not be translated into video rendering because that requires changing entire lighting equation.

In 3D video rendering a lighting system has to work across a range of situations. The specific contrast/saturation choices you made for this particular image may not work for another image. In fact, you can try this experiment.

1. Record all changes (steps, variables and parameters) you made to this image.
2. Publish what exact steps you made.
3. Select 3 other images from Forza 3 with different setting (location, lighting, objects, etc)
4. Apply the changes to those images using exact same steps, variables and parameters.
5. Publish before and after for all images for us to see.

Back