Forza 4

April fools or real leak, 50/50 to me :)

16 cars on the track AND better graphics? Are they going 30fps? :D

I really really doubt it's an April's fools joke and quick to anyone that knows, what does image based lightning means?

Last edited by a moderator:
50/50 for me aswell. The jump from 8 to 16 cars alone would need serious engine upgrades, on top of everything promised. I also don't buy into this "10x this and that" improvements mentioned.

If it is fake, from what game did they took the footage from:?:

I don't know it's just to good to be true :p
on the other hand who would put so much effort in a fake video :smile:
driver gloves are same as in GDC demo and guy playing in kinect section is senior designer from T10 so it is probably real.

It looks very legit to me.Someone should be pretty fucking crazy to go through all that trouble and make this kind of trailer.It would take months and for what?April joke?Yea right:LOL:

The reason why Turn10 are able to improve their game from one version to another is that they get a lot of their jobs done outside of the core team. So I believe this is real.

It says for internal use only.
Seems like something they want to show to the suits to keep getting money.
And doesn't crysis 2 also use Image based lighting just like need for speed hot pursuit(?).

Well the interactive showroom parts are comparable to GT5 photomode and gameplay isn't such a massive leap to be unbelievable.

And they are a western developer so their tech should be at least as good as the Japanese competition - so far they've been somewhat of a let down compared to the likes of Criterion, Bizarre, Slightly Mad, Evolution etc.

It still has the slightly plastic Forza look to it. I really don't know how PD manages to get the look of metal so correct that photomode shots look photorealistic.

What's really impressive is if they've managed to get this working with Kinect at 60 fps, as the Kinect overhead is quite substantial - I wonder whether Kinect controlled gameplay will have less graphical detail to compensate.

Dont know but read this on gaf.
ASKLON is the maker of the warthog in the Halo Verse.
So Warthog in suv races.
If it is a fake hands off to you who ever faked that trailer i want to strangle you personally and curse this cursed day for gaming news.

It still has the slightly plastic Forza look to it. I really don't know how PD manages to get the look of metal so correct that photomode shots look photorealistic.

They captured every car's BRDF with a special hand apparel that mesures it at 3-4 different incident angles.
Then they have a special car paint shader with some 1d lookup up to reconstruct most of thee real behavior.

And obviously for every car racing games ,IBL is the natural approach...

Back