Rage (id Software)

New trailer(7 mins).I'm so impressed by animations,art style and lighting(character models look interesting as well),can't wait to see it at 60fps.

New trailer(7 mins).I'm so impressed by animations,art style and lighting(character models look interesting as well),can't wait to see it at 60fps.

Ok, I've been very pessimistic about this game but that trailer looks good!

IMHO not necessary :D

Yeah ! I know :D ! But Gotta be cautious these days, threads getting derailed with one remark n all !
But yes, the walls, pillars and everything are so full of detail and the art direction so well done that the places have come alive! I think the artists have complemented the tech so well that its becomes hard to tell whether its the tech or the beautiful art that's making your jaw drop ! Standing ovation from me for the look n feel of the game :cool: !

If that trailer is representative, this game has been very misrepresented by ID and the gaming media. To my eyes it is undoubtedly a re-skinned Doom, no Borderlands style DNA in there other than perhaps some aspects of the setting. I am also surprised at the lack of variety in the enemies. . .seems strange to spend so much effort on the environments but have so little variation in enemy models.

Cheers

Did you guys watch the gamespot movie? There seems to be a LOT of content that id has been careful not to reveal. I expect this one to be at least 20 hours long, they've had a lot of people working on the game for like 3-4 years.

Edit: in fact I'm very happy that they haven't spoiled everything so far. It appears to be a new trend and I'm glad to see it.

Never underestimate id, I'd say. I'm really looking forward to Quakecon's Doom4 reveal as well.

Back