Rage (id Software)

I like how the spider turret can climb on to walls, jump over boxes to get at enemies ! At one point it got right on top of a guy hiding behind a crate and punched bullets in :D ! Now thats what I call a turret :p !

Looks like the animations have improved quite nicely. I think I'm gonna have to preorder this game.

Oh btw since this game will use 2 DVDs for the X360 version I hope iD allows installation of the whole game onto the HDD without having to switch between DVDs.

Oh btw since this game will use 2 DVDs for the X360 version I hope iD allows installation of the whole game onto the HDD without having to switch between DVDs.

lord of shadows was supposed to allow this but then they changed it last minute i doubt rage will allow that not because of technical reasons but things sales (dumb and inaccurate but distributors hate this) or some restriction which ms puts on developers to prevent it.

lord of shadows was supposed to allow this but then they changed it last minute i doubt rage will allow that not because of technical reasons but things sales (dumb and inaccurate but distributors hate this) or some restriction which ms puts on developers to prevent it.

I don't know what the problem is if they restrict to only being able to play the game with one disc? Basically allow installation of both discs but only able to play if you have disc 1 not disc 2.

I like how the spider turret can climb on to walls, jump over boxes to get at enemies ! At one point it got right on top of a guy hiding behind a crate and punched bullets in :D ! Now thats what I call a turret :p !
Brings back sweet old memory of Doom 3:), that little thing schooled so many of those nasty IMPs in that pitch black level.

I don't know what the problem is if they restrict to only being able to play the game with one disc? Basically allow installation of both discs but only able to play if you have disc 1 not disc 2.

the conditions arent mutuality exclusive

person 1 can play the game installed and play disc 1
while person 2 is playing uninstall on disc 2

2 players = 1 copy

while obviously this is a rare case, even if it means 1 less sale publishers will opt out of it.

2 players = 1 copy

while obviously this is a rare case, even if it means 1 less sale publishers will opt out of it.

When installed only one person can play at a time which is exactly how single disc games work...

In the case of noninstalls, person 2 can only play levels contained in disc 2 they cannot play any levels on disc 1 but this can also be prevented by asking for disc 1 upon bootup and then asking for disc 2.

For multiplayer the game could be designed to ask for disc 1 so people can't play at the same time online without having disc 1 in the drive.

It makes sense for noninstalls to require both discs to play while intalls only requiring disc 1.

The only corner case that cannot be covered with the above methods is if a person has two consoles and one copy of the game. In this scenario they could play the game on both consoles at the same time but it's still a tedious affair as you'd have to bootup a noninstall with disc 1 then load disc 2 then load disc 1 into the console with the install. Obviously this only works if you only wanted to play levels on disc 2 with a noninstall.

This corner case has never been covered by traditional 2 disc noninstalls either so I don't see where the problem is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting really holds the game back. Despite the artistic qualities, everything has a flat old-genish look to it...
Well, at least the game seems really fun (Nice use of the metalic spiders) and the animations are very detailed!

For some reason the trailer gave me flashbacks about Quake 3. At least some of the textures looked extremely similar.

The lighting really holds the game back. Despite the artistic qualities, everything has a flat old-genish look to it...
Well, at least the game seems really fun (Nice use of the metalic spiders) and the animations are very detailed!
The use of the metallic spider was the kind of thing I was looking for in a game with an open environment like this.

I was skeptical because they weren't showing any unique weapons, just standard guns and a boomerang, but this spider weapon draws back my interest in this game. I just hope the game has plenty more weapons with a similar type of ingenuity to the spider-bot.

I hope the game will have a reasonably hard difficulty on the hard setting too, I do not wish a game were weapons and bots do all the work for me in already console-oriented environments.

half-life 2 hugely disappointed me when I found out it's a piece of cake speedrun with an impossible buggy jump in the middle :) (I deleted the game at that point after 326 attempts)

I hope the game will have a reasonably hard difficulty on the hard setting too, I do not wish a game were weapons and bots do all the work for me in already console-oriented environments.

half-life 2 hugely disappointed me when I found out it's a piece of cake speedrun with an impossible buggy jump in the middle :) (I deleted the game at that point after 326 attempts)

What ? You just had to press SHIFT and jump ! It was easy, I tried around 5 or 6 times max :LOL: ! You can't trash a game for that jump.

I don't think I would really be into gaming as much as I am if it wasn't for the output of ID game especially Quake 2 (I didn't sleep until I'd completed it...). But once I got a taste of the first Unreal game and then Half Life that was it. Hooked. And then Soldier of Fortune 2 got me properly in FPS's, especially the GHOUL mechanism!! Ooh he's got an arm off!

2 players = 1 copy

Wouldn't that be easily prevented by always asking for disc 1 to play? You install both discs but only one of them will have the "permission" to let you play...

Back