[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

Playstation related websites and the PS3 webbrowser usually don't get along. It's the same with the LBP2 site. I'll try my laptop later. I'll ask whether or not some of the things I want are in the game, or request them if not. A global gravity off setting and additional controlinater settings would be nice.

I've been looking at community levels with similar vehicles as mine. They use less than 100% dampening and work without the added logic. They can fly around like mine, but they do have control issues. With the dampening set low you get similar annoying physics as Sackboy has, it won't immediately stop moving when let of the controls. If the dampening is set high, the vehicles movements become sluggish. Suddenly I'm very pleased with my solution. :devilish:

Playstation related websites and the PS3 webbrowser usually don't get along. It's the same with the LBP2 site. I'll try my laptop later. I'll ask whether or not some of the things I want are in the game, or request them if not. A global gravity off setting and additional controlinater settings would be nice.

They fixed the playstation blog sites at least so that even video in that works in the PS3 browser.

I've got a Wii for a few months now though to play with, and I have to admit I'm a little jealous of its browser now, despite the low resolution.

Yap ! They should definitely improve the browser if they want to fight Apple or work with Google... or to satisfy their customers.

Yes, we've already seen top-down stuff. However, cornsnake is suggesting it's hard to pull off. It you need complex logic to get things to 'float', then the cost of spawning enemies might be too great.

I don't think that's true. The pool level they made look fairly simplistic. (at least the floating pool balls).

ah man, what did I do to not get a beta key yet? I feel really let down - I was in the original beta (eventually), bought the US version because of the delay to Europe (to get it in time for my sons birthday) then re-bought the UK version - have spent £loads on the add-ons AND spent 100s of hours making levels and getting plat on this game :(

ah man, what did I do to not get a beta key yet? I feel really let down - I was in the original beta (eventually), bought the US version because of the delay to Europe (to get it in time for my sons birthday) then re-bought the UK version - have spent £loads on the add-ons AND spent 100s of hours making levels and getting plat on this game :(

Not that I don't share your desire for this particular beta, but I feel like a lot of people within the 'forum going' scene wants betas as Demos, which clearly is not their purpose. I think this generation we've devalued the beta and turned it into a demo (as have publisher). Essentially, they've become publicity stunts and hype building materials, which is unfortunate.

well that's kidda my point, I'd like to think I'm in a minority of folk who would actually test the game properly yet (I dare say) some will get into the beta who are not fussed either way and will do little (proper) testing.

well that's kidda my point, I'd like to think I'm in a minority of folk who would actually test the game properly yet (I dare say) some will get into the beta who are not fussed either way and will do little (proper) testing.

Yep, and it's terribly unfortunate :( I know when I was in the Dead Nation beta the forums were like a ghost town with people rarely talking about tweaks or gameplay fixex :( Still, I'm with you in that I'd like to do some really strange (and possibly bizzare / meaningless) tests to see if it crashes the engine, or what things the game will / won't handle.

I'm also interested in doing a lot of physics tests, seeing as how I'm taking a physics course currently and want to experiment! :)

Being a shifty geezer, I've been able to wrangle myself a Beta code of a man who knows a mna who mans a guy with a van, if you ask no questions and the money's good... Anyway, I've had a couple of hours nosey, and the direct control issue is readily solved. I've posted up a dead-simple level freely moving a block. Basically you slap an Advanced Mover on it and wire it up to the direct control chair. There may be a bug, as my first efforts didn't works, but then I may have connected the wire wrongly to the object. Something to look into when I have time.

Still, the plus is it appears to do exactly what I hoped. You can add objects to the space and have them move however you want without any regard for gravity. This means Paradroid and Gauntlet style games do look possible. Also I'm in love with Sackbots! They are soooo awesome. You can even dress them as normal sackboys, althoguh that's bugged in the Beta.

The potential here is mind boggling! :mrgreen:

Is it under an NDA of any sort? Be careful, even if you are shifty.

Having said that I'm sure all those not in the Beta will want to hear as much as possible!

Yeah we are. I probably shouldn't have said anything about it before. Then again, this is probably the same beta as has been shown at gametradeshows, so it's not like we see anything that hasn't been shown in public before.

It's not easy not being allowed to talk about a game that is all about sharing.

Yeah we are. I probably shouldn't have said anything about it before. Then again, this is probably the same beta as has been shown at gametradeshows, so it's not like we see anything that hasn't been shown in public before.

It's not easy not being allowed to talk about a game that is all about sharing.

I've just seen on GAF that some Beta folk are posting vids on Youtube.

Very, very sweet. That first one is a remake of a Micro Machines V3 level back from the Playstation 1 days ... I loved that game, still one of my favorite party game, supporting up to 8 players, and you could use a multitap or two, or share controllers each using half of the controller. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

The rest of the levels are pretty impressive too. I thought the lemmings one was a nice touch but there was plenty other good stuff in there too. This is looking very very promising.

I haven't seen that Lemmings one, which is surprising as all the others are basically the Top Listed in one of the lists. I'll have to give it a try.

Back