[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

I've seen that video clip. I suppose all environmental variables are accessible in game, and this is just a logic switch connected to gravity. Although, is it universal gravity or gravity for individual characters? Could you have one character sans gravity and the other with, for coop gaming with different roles based on motion type?

Yes, if I was on/in my segway, I could be driving on the "roof" while my friend was driving or walking on the floor.

Of course, it could be object based, not SB based. That makes sense with direct control having gravity as an option. Edit: Can you leave the Segway while upside down?

Of course, it could be object based, not SB based. That makes sense with direct control having gravity as an option. Edit: Can you leave the Segway while upside down?

I did not try, but I assume you are right on the it being object based. Since when I was on the Segway, my friend who was not, would still have normal gravity.

I'm most impressed with the new lighting system. I played a LBP1 level of mine and the improvement is noticeable right away. It seems more volumetric and real.

Framerate is all over the place though in the story levels and the pod. In the user created levels it seemed much beter for some reason.

Oh my God ! LBP2 is all over this thread ! Does it have a screen shot or video capture feature now?

Moon jumps has me stoked :D ! I want ma moon levels now , complete with rainbows and heart stickers :LOL: !
@Shifty: link for the video please !

There are an incredible amount of new tools available. It's going to take awhile to figure out how use them all. But then we should be able to make some very impressive stuff. It's everything I ever wanted to see added to LBP and more. :p

Ok, has anyone figured out how to switch gravity off? I'm trying to make a vehicle that can move around freely, up and down, left and right. You would think 0% gravity would be off, instead that's low gravity.

I googled. Don't have any answers for you, but here's 2 interesting results:

Extensive look at new LBP2 features:
http://meodia.com/article/255/1/lbp2-exclusive-vids-and-features-blowout/

By setting the objects gravity low or at 0, you are essentially creating an object with no boundaries in a level in terms of exploration, though you could create a large box to keep your flying contraption contained.

The other one is probably an exercise for you ;-):
http://forums.littlebigworkshop.com...water-and-low-gravity-mix-in-LBP-2/m-p/292426

Ok, i was reading steven's post about a wrap-up of LBP 2 at games con and at on point he wrote something about low gravity but i was thinking about pirates of the carribean. Then it hit me! What if you have on low gravity and water? How would the water act? (that would be a great momentt for the space suit costume)

Solved my gravity problem. Although not by finding a simple on or off switch. It's like LBP again, you can't have what you want unless you do some excessive things to work around the problem.

There is a setting for dampening, at 100% that just locks the object in place. Getting to move again requires feeding all the movement controls through some logic gates, switching the dampening off every time the controls are used.

Now I have new problem because this also breaks another crazy work-around I had made to get the controls to do what I want. :devilish:

That's very discouraging. Are you saying these free-form overhead controls aren't a simple thing, and creating a top-down 2D game is going to require lots fo poking about with movement logic?

That's very discouraging. Are you saying these free-form overhead controls aren't a simple thing, and creating a top-down 2D game is going to require lots fo poking about with movement logic?

Well, either I'm missing something (with is possible with some many thing you can tweak), or somethings are just a bit more difficult then you would expect them to be.

I wanted to give my vehicle a one time speed boost. In LBP you could set a switch to do that. But in LBP 2 you can't set the buttons you've mapped to you vehicle to do that. Instead I had to use a timer. If this keeps up I'll end up with a huge chip filled with just control logic.

So is it possible to create a Baldurs Gate clone in LBP2?
Not really, but something in the style of Gauntlet seemed on the cards. However, I'm now wondering if it is. If there is no zero-gravity mode and it has to be pieced together, it may not be tenable.

Not really, but something in the style of Gauntlet seemed on the cards. However, I'm now wondering if it is. If there is no zero-gravity mode and it has to be pieced together, it may not be tenable.

We already saw those mouse race mod, where the view is from above.
So probably a Zelda type game is possible?

Yes, we've already seen top-down stuff. However, cornsnake is suggesting it's hard to pull off. It you need complex logic to get things to 'float', then the cost of spawning enemies might be too great.

Logics don't seem to cost that much. Especially not duplicates, copying my vehicle hardly increased the thermometer.

I've found the tools specific tutorials, although these are locked in the beta. Hopefully that'll make learning how to use them a lot easier in the full game.

Back