Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

I played the 360 demo, and that looked more like 1280x720xMSAAx4 to me. Game looks very pretty. Could be MSAAx2 for sure, but 576p? Doubt it.

Yeah, but we still have those 576p shots from march, maybe they changed IQ sience then or it was... PS3 version (probably not, game looks very clean) :)

Had a quick look. It's definitely not 720p or 4xAA. I'm reasonably certain it is 576p 2x on 360. The isometric view can hide aliasing a lot easier, so I only had a very small set of steps that were even usable in the darkness of the tutorial level....

I'll have to check PSN at a later date. 2GB for a three minute demo tutorial is kinda not on my priority list. :p

I played the 360 demo, and that looked more like 1280x720xMSAAx4 to me. Game looks very pretty. Could be MSAAx2 for sure, but 576p? Doubt it.

It did? There was very little aliasing, sure, but the output image is severely blurry and lacking in fine detail, just as it is in all 360 games based on this same engine but the withdrawn viewpoint makes the lack of resolution more noticeable here. Check out some native 720p/1080p shots of the PC version (should be some at GAF if you look) and the difference is like night and day, you can actually make out the fine detail in the character models at the default viewpoint this way, all of which is lost due to lack of pixels in the 360 version.

These appear to be direct feed on TR:
20100926005956.jpg

Some more here 1/4 of the way down:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/--it-only-does-screenshots-v14/1090628?page=31

Bummer. Tomb Raider Underworld looked super sharp on the PS3. Sure, it did sacrifice a couple of frames for it, but since it wasn't really a game where super-fast controller response was neccesary I appreciated the compromise.

anyone know the res for Sonic Adventure on PSN and XBLA? Kind of want to know because the future DC release might be using the same emulator or something.

anyone know the res for Sonic Adventure on PSN and XBLA? Kind of want to know because the future DC release might be using the same emulator or something.

its 1:1, no AA and not scaled but there are borders because the game isn't widescreen

if you subtract the borders the screen being rendered is 920x690

20625sonicadventure.jpg

I'm currently playing Atelier Rorona, and I'm wondering about what kind of AA they use.

Here's a screencap (analog, sadly):
2010-10-11_22-35-31557x.jpg

And a zoom in on one of the high contrast edges:
zoomtngg.png

Ideas? I'm counting at least 8 steps.

So, I'd like to make a request, and i think its fairly interesting because this isnt a very common thing in games.

could we do some kinda analysis of medal of honor campaign vs multiplayer considering that campaign uses the unreal engine but the multiplayer uses the frostbite engine. my guess is that there is asset reuse between the modes so wondering what kinda differences you'd see among the same assets with differences in lighting, rendering, effects, aa due to the underlying engine.

EDIT: seems DF posted a comparison: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-medal-of-honor-face-off

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember reading somewhere Sega talking about 720p widescreen (no borders) for the future dreamcast titles on xbla/psn :D

Crazy Taxi 720p aa4x @ 60fps? :LOL: drool

Back