Diablo III - It's official

I made a pause on my wizard ( not that I'm displeased by her) and tried the monk(ess).
I tried shortly the DW and DH without really finding the experience catchy coming form my wizard, I instantly got caught in the monk gameplay. Awesome mobility.

I'm doing pretty conservative choice when it comes to stats. I got the strength pretty low. Vitality and Intelligence on part and dex above.
There is one thing I don't get is how resistance works (vs armor for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished act1 inferno which wasn't too hard after refitting items. But act 2.. what the?? Its like the health/dmg of the creeps doubled. I keep dying at the kanyon due to sand wasps. How does a barb kite those things?!?! :cry:

I finished act1 inferno which wasn't too hard after refitting items. But act 2.. what the?? Its like the health/dmg of the creeps doubled. I keep dying at the kanyon due to sand wasps. How does a barb kite those things?!?! :cry:

skill

j/k :)

Took me longer to get through to magdha than it did to do all of act I. I have no idea how you can hope to deal with the lacuni as a melee.

I have a level 60 Monk and have relegated him to farming Act I in inferno until i get better equipment. I made a foray into the canyon in Act II and decided very fast that I would do butcher runs for a week.

1 Butcher run - 10-20 rares - 95% vendored. 1 drop every 2 runs boosts up my character and rest of gear slowly upped one by one with the gold. Being melee is frustrating but I can see how I can progress. If I had 100 million could buy the gear. Not likely.

To actually HAVE 100M golds all at once, or just loot it? Latter is a lot easier than the former... :)

Well, unless you're a major AH player perhaps.

I have a 37 monk I levelled up over the last few days. I got one drop in all those levels (entire game in normal, and then act 1 in NM) that I kept. One. Everything else has been bought on the AH.

Hit 60 on Act III of Hell.

Had 5 stacks of nephelam juice and actually got bosses to drop rares. They were still shit but that is my first rare drops throughout Hell.

All my first boss kills in normal dropped several rares each, every single boss. Most of them were total crap of course. :p Some nightmare bosses haven't dropped even one rare. I'm just done with Maghda in act 2 though so I'm not very far in yet.

All my first boss kills in normal dropped several rares each, every single boss. Most of them were total crap of course. :p Some nightmare bosses haven't dropped even one rare. I'm just done with Maghda in act 2 though so I'm not very far in yet.

Not 100% sure, but someone said that stacking magic find would help, and it would in fact increase the quality of items too, not just amount you find from random drops

Magic find definitely increases the quantity and quality of drops.

Exactly like Diablo 2. Until version 1.07 magic items weren't common, rare items were rare and unique items extremely rare, - unless you had >100% magic find.

Blizzard increase the frequency of quality items as they increased the challenge, - and introduced new super rare items (high level runes).

I guess they figured they'd do the same again.

Cheers

Well, I gave up on inferno act2. Its just so damn difficult for a barb since the emphasis on items are just too damn huge. Act1 is far too easy in comparison, I just dont understand the sudden jump in difficulty. I envy those barbs who made it out alive and now having a fun time in act3 :LOL:

I dont have the time to ~100 warden+butcher runs so.. I caved it and started wizard.

What Im noticing is, melee classes are so much easier in normal->nightmare then it starts to get real difficult in the other two difficulty levels. The role is reversed for ranged classes it seems.

Hit 60 on Act III of Hell.

Had 5 stacks of nephelam juice and actually got bosses to drop rares. They were still shit but that is my first rare drops throughout Hell.
I am having luck with drops, but I played very little -I am still getting used to the disappointment of D3 not being as good as Diablo 2, imho-.

I am at the very beginning of Act 3 Normal and until now I have got quite a few rares -just like Grall-, both in final bosses fights and even from some normal monsters. Most of them were really mediocre but I can't complain.

I am not against about unique items being really difficult to find. It got to a point where they were common in Diablo 2. I rather prefer unique items make you feel *unique* so if you got one you can consider yourself a lucky girl or boy.

Before I forget, let's criticize Diablo 3, not to break the tradition. :smile:

5frdqr.jpg

Funny the server region apparently defaults to Americas for everyone. Now I can't change it without losing my character.

That's because the Unites States is at the center of the known universe.

...And I'm only HALF joking. ;)

lol well they havent actually got the real money auction house working quite yet.

normal nightmare and hell were really easy for me as a monk, but inferno is just plain impossible without grinding gold and buying gear.

every piece of armor i have is from the auction house, and i still get completely obliterated in act 2 inferno. by normal mobs even lol.

Back