Diablo III - It's official

Lol, if something is a joke it's your attitude :rolleyes:
When something is made by humans, there's bound to be some bugs here and there, and chances are someone will find them eventually.

How is it a bug? It was programmed that way! You cant use local time, instead of server time by accident.

How is it a bug? It was programmed that way! You cant use local time, instead of server time by accident.

How's that? You mean someone, early on before the server code was running, couldn't have written a gettime routine for client time and forgotten to go back and change it once the server code was up and talking?

How's that? You mean someone, early on before the server code was running, couldn't have written a gettime routine for client time and forgotten to go back and change it once the server code was up and talking?

Why would anyone even write it client site in the first place? It is big system and main focus of online-only approach, so it shouldnt be written by one person and tested by one person, but whole team, so client based approach doesnt make sense.
Would You write it that way?

BTW it can also explain many bugs we had with auctions bidding, especially in last minutes.

So which is it then? Intentional or bug? As to why anyone would use a local time variable, I would imagine that then rendering engine and client app work was started well before the server code. That's pretty common, no? So if your team is working on the client and there is no server yet, where is your time variable going to come from?

Okay, I decided to give Diablo 3 a try even though I won't be able to play it on long, international flights...

anyway, maybe (likely) it's because I'm playing on normal and my highest is a lowly 11th level Wizard, but I'm finding it quite fun and entertaining...here's hoping the imbalances are debugged before I get far enough along to experience them.

The gear issues and stuff really don't show up until later levels. (for me, not really until level 60)

1.03 is supposedly going to hit later this month which will address some of them, and they already hotfixed co-op scaling difficulty.

Wizard starts getting fun when you get to unlock all skills and some runes for them. Co-op with friends (or hell, kids...) is where this game's at though. Recruit your young spawn for some serious fun. :)

Might have to get the boy on it...or even the girl. Wonder how it runs on a laptop with a 540...?

It runs TERRIBLE on my Macbook with Sandybridge graphics, if that's any indication. Just...terrible. Which is strange, really, because there's hardly any overdraw most of the time so it really shouldn't be fillrate limited, and a dual core/four threads should be enough CPU grunt. It's an i7, so max turbo is 3.4GHz (not on all four threads though of course...) I guess it's all the transparent mist and such that swirls around everywhere that's killing the GPU. *shrug*

Wonder if you can turn that off somehow?

I wonder how it runs on the new MacBook pro with Quad Ivy, Kepler 650 and a 2880x1800 display...
[drool]

It runs TERRIBLE on my Macbook with Sandybridge graphics, if that's any indication. Just...terrible. Which is strange, really, because there's hardly any overdraw most of the time so it really shouldn't be fillrate limited, and a dual core/four threads should be enough CPU grunt. It's an i7, so max turbo is 3.4GHz (not on all four threads though of course...) I guess it's all the transparent mist and such that swirls around everywhere that's killing the GPU. *shrug*

Wonder if you can turn that off somehow?

That's not new:

Zwokl.png

Not that Diablo 3 ever set a benchmark for visual/performance efficiency, though.

More importantly in the short run I wonder how my C2D 2.6GHz + 9600M GT MBP would run it okay in W7 on bootcamp...

More importantly in the short run I wonder how my C2D 2.6GHz + 9600M GT MBP would run it okay in W7 on bootcamp...

It's within the minimum specs.. I'd guess a little bit like a HD4000, maybe a bit less.

Back