Insomniac Games Brian Hastings on why PS3 is the console to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway changing discs is bad no matter how you spin it.

Not necessarly, it forces you to move to the xbox360 to change disc. One could say it is healthy in such way that you take a slight pause and move the body. You know all game manuals recommend a pause each hour for health reasons and one such pause could be changing disc! :LOL:

There is still someone complaining about price of XBL???

£34.98/365.25 = 9.6p per day... who is actually not buying XBL subscription simply because they can't afford losing 10p a day...

edit: i would also like to comment that it is never specs of consoles that made them market leader

PS2 >>> XB
DSL >>> PSP

need more???

here is solution for those who cannot sleep because their console needs multiple disc...

1, finish the part of multiple disc
2, then play other game,
3, then come back to next disc of multiple series

problem well solved... you will have to swap discs between games whether you have multiple disc games or not... :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway changing discs is bad no matter how you spin it.

about as "bad" as me changing disc if I want to play a new game in the middle of a gaming session. about as "bad" as me turning on my console and waiting the for a game to load up everytime I feel like gaming. about as "bad" as everyone wants a 6 disc changer addon for their console because of the horrendous requirement of getting up and manual switching disc for whatever purpose.

Interesting

I was thinking about it and Sony must be getting pretty desperate to turn to their devs to spread their FUD for them.

Too much.

I could be wrong though ... perhaps this guy really does believe the downfall of xb360 is the component/vga video out! :LOL:

The foot-in-mouth disease strikes again. :oops:

...why the PS3 will be the console market leader by 2010

BY 2010? As in January? :LOL:

There is still someone complaining about price of XBL???

£34.98/365.25 = 9.6p per day... who is actually not buying XBL subscription simply because they can't afford losing 10p a day...

edit: i would also like to comment that it is never specs of consoles that made them market leader

PS2 >>> XB
DSL >>> PSP

need more???

here is solution for those who cannot sleep because their console needs multiple disc...

1, finish the part of multiple disc
2, then play other game,
3, then come back to next disc of multiple series

problem well solved... you will have to swap discs between games whether you have multiple disc games or not... :LOL:

If you think changing discs is not a big deal then playstation2, xbox and gamecube can just use cd-rom instead of DVD, although gamecube uses another type of dvd for security issues.

If you think changing discs is not a big deal then playstation2, xbox and gamecube can just use cd-rom instead of DVD

Oh god...what is this Spring 2005 all over again?

Look, the stupid argument about DVD being akin to CD last gen is d.e.a.d. Maybe you haven't noticed, but GTA4 is coming out on DVD, so is Mercenaries 2. That really defeats that ridiculous argument, GTA would never have been possible on CD last generation, there is no comparison there.

Oh god...what is this Spring 2005 all over again?

Look, the stupid argument about DVD being akin to CD last gen is d.e.a.d. Maybe you haven't noticed, but GTA4 is coming out on DVD, so is Mercenaries 2. That really defeats that ridiculous argument, GTA would never have been possible on CD last generation, there is no comparison there.

To illustrate the point even further let me ask you a question Scoob:

How big was the Crackdown Demo from live?

Funny how fast and furious this guys opinions get skewered here, yet when some PR guy from the GoW project says that the PS3 can't do GoW it's Gospel and repeated around the web (and here) for months. Then it was the PS3 can't do horse armor in Oblivion.

I think this type of "assume the worse about Sony and the PS3" attitude backs up this guys first point, it's popular to attack Sony. The media and Internet dorks have been in anti-Sony mode for a while now, it shows here in these forums.

As for his other comments, he works for Sony in a way so of course it's 80% spin and 20% truth.

It's funny how you jump to defend even the most ridiculous arguments because they are pro-sony.

If I saw this sort of FUD coming out of the MS camp, I would be joining in the ridicule with everyone else. Why try and defend when it's so much easier to sit back and laugh? :LOL:

If you think changing discs is not a big deal then playstation2, xbox and gamecube can just use cd-rom instead of DVD, although gamecube uses another type of dvd for security issues.
It's not that Blu-Ray isn't nice to have , it's just it really wasn't the right time for it. It's one of the primary reasons SONY's given up so much market share.

It's funny how you jump to defend even the most ridiculous arguments because they are pro-sony.

If I saw this sort of FUD coming out of the MS camp, I would be joining in the ridicule with everyone else. Why try and defend when it's so much easier to sit back and laugh? :LOL:

I defend no FUD. I own both consoles unlike you and your crew (I won't name names). I already said 80% of this guys post was spin. Maybe you are unfamilier with the word spin?

It's not that Blu-Ray isn't nice to have , it's just it really wasn't the right time for it. It's one of the primary reasons SONY's given up so much market share.
OTOH, they have already almost won war with HD-DVD thanks to including BRD in every PS3. HDDVD movies were outselling brd movies 3:1 before PS3's launch, now the trend has been reversed. they still have chances winning console war.

Crackdown demo was 1,18GB.

Exactly, I've maintained for a long time, that from the POV of a Sony gamer, BR was a bad thing for them.

Look at what BR cost you as a PS fan:
- dominant marketshare out the window
- 3rd party exclusives essentially nonexistant
- ps3 is no longer lead platform for majority of games, meaning in general you will get the worse version
- you had to wait until late 2006 to get it
- you had to pay at least a $100 premium

If PS3 had launched with DVD, in 2005, or even spring 2006, all of those negatives would've been reduced or eliminated completely.

I understand why Sony choose to do it, but I'm somewhat baffled why PS fans continue to proclaim BR as a positive thing. It has dampened the success of you console of choice immensely.

I think its about time. If you just do incremental improvements there would be no revolutions or break-throughs.
PS2, xbox or gamecube can use cd-rom just fine because at the time the ps2 came out, the 52x cdrom drives were already out. It just takes an 18x cd-rom drive to match the speed of a 2x DVD drive, which is the one used in the PS2.

We need to have open minded about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic...but the only thing I have ever heard regarding disk size that was interesting was sometihing Phil Harrison said about Disk space to Ram Ratio and how it increased proportionatly ( if that's a word :LOL: ) from PS1 to PS2 and even Xbox...does anyone remember that quote?

OTOH, they have already almost won war with HD-DVD thanks to including BRD in every PS3. HDDVD movies were outselling brd movies 3:1 before PS3's launch, now the trend has been reversed. they still have chances winning console war.

Crackdown demo was 1,18GB.

So scooby_dooby, which one is right? 1.18GB or 600 MB?

Exactly, I've maintained for a long time, that from the POV of a Sony gamer, BR was a bad thing for them.

If PS3 had launched with DVD, in 2005, or even spring 2006, all of those negatives would've been reduced or eliminated completely.

So you think the negativities will disappear? how naive!!!

So scooby_dooby, which one is right? 1.18GB or 600 MB?

I am right. :LOL: Still it doesn't make a difference, because it shows that Crackdown's world data + some audio took 1/7 disc's space.
I didn't play the demo, were there some videos on top of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back