Insomniac Games Brian Hastings on why PS3 is the console to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to be a fanboy. It is customer satisfaction and enjoyment.
I remember in the old days they had a break in the middle of a movie in theater. They stop now.

Seriously, read what you're writing. Your comparing a 15minute intermission, in a 3 hour movie, to a 10second disc swap in a 10-20hour game. :rolleyes:

I agree, it's nice to have, but don't try and sell us this BS about 360 games being limited to 7 levels. That's pure 100% FUD.

Of course disk swapping can be eliminated, for a price. The question is, is it worth the price to do so? At the current price premium, I think most customers would say no.

When a professional in the industry comes off with arguments no better than an anonymous fanboi posters it makes me believe that requirements, into any formal role that requires access to the media, should be Marketing 101, Debate 101 and Public Speaking 101.

Seriously, read what you're writing. Your comparing a 15minute intermission, in a 3 hour movie, to a 10second disc swap in a 10-20hour game. :rolleyes:

I agree, it's nice to have, but don't try and sell us this BS about 360 games being limited to 7 levels. That's pure 100% FUD.

It's not just about 10 seconds. Its about you getting up and changing the discs.
You're sure its 10 seconds? He was talking about streaming so you are not subject to load time. Now if you change to a new disc you have to start streaming the level to fill up the memory. Its at least few minutes for the whole process (getting up to eject the disc, putting the disc in and starting streaming).

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how fast and furious this guys opinions get skewered here, yet when some PR guy from the GoW project says that the PS3 can't do GoW it's Gospel and repeated around the web (and here) for months. Then it was the PS3 can't do horse armor in Oblivion.

I think this type of "assume the worse about Sony and the PS3" attitude backs up this guys first point, it's popular to attack Sony. The media and Internet dorks have been in anti-Sony mode for a while now, it shows here in these forums.

As for his other comments, he works for Sony in a way so of course it's 80% spin and 20% truth.

Reactions: one
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I love that kind of wit. People take this for what it is just fun!
Wii fad point could ring true...until the wii hits 150usd and people really go bat shit.

That's actually the only thing I agree with but then again I think the Wii is competing with the PS2 and not the X360 and PS3.

Funny how fast and furious this guys opinions get skewered here, yet when some PR guy from the GoW project says that the PS3 can't do GoW it's Gospel and repeated around the web (and here) for months. Then it was the PS3 can't do horse armor in Oblivion.

I think this type of "assume the worse about Sony and the PS3" attitude backs up this guys first point, it's popular to attack Sony. The media and Internet dorks have been in anti-Sony mode for a while now, it shows here in these forums.

As for his other comments, he works for Sony in a way so of course it's 80% spin and 20% truth.

But you said 80% spin and 20% truth, anyone telling more "spin" stuff than truth stuff is going to be scewered.

That's actually the only thing I agree with but then again I think the Wii is competing with the PS2 and not the X360 and PS3.

I see what you mean but disagree with the versus PS2 issue. In the context of simply being the new system from one of the big 3 and being released in the same window the wii will be compared to the 360 and PS3. I'm not sure if this should be the case, but it is. The Wii is a competitor in the current cycle because of timeline but it has differentiated (or will) IMO that it is a one of a kind toy that many will accompany with or without the power consoles. The wii is reaching toy status.

I can't believe he's accusing reader of viral marketing in the first sentences and then his entire post is pure viral marketing. That was low.

I agree with you most of the points but not the 80% and 20%.
Just tell me where he did spin where he did not.
Most of his points are valid except one point that needs time to confirm is the wii stuff.

He's Fair.

Some people on this forum may write off what he said a fanboy talk or something bad but I trust what he say over anybody in this forum who is not a PS3 developer. I don't think his full of it. His thought were clearly penned and fair. The only thing I would say it Xbox live $270 over five years is cheap. However, free is better sometime. If it sucks, than even free won't be good. I'm not saying Home will suck but we don't know yet if nearly 6 million users now on xbow live will perfur Home to it.

Unless the opposite can be proved then it is only a guess/false claim by the one who said it...

I think you're confused. He said insomniac developer's data is wrong so how does he know its wrong if he doesn't have the data.

Isn't live only 50 dollars a year? So 50 x 5 = 250 (you know I could be wrong). Where did he get 70 dollars for the first year from?

Eh, at least we are all squabbling over something as non-important as games. I'd hate to see arguments over real world issues...

Yeah 50 GB games. What, so we could play them from English or Click language if we want to? I think it's nice to have a lot of space because potentially it could be used for great things. Don't know what these things will be though...

50GB is still good, you cant deny that more space is better. Game cut-scenes (CGI) and high bitrate surround sound. But the RAM for the machine is still 512MB and even if effective streamming is used it is still limited to to 512MB, HDD read/write speed and BD-ROM read speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back