Motorstorm screens

For the most part it was pretty good, but the interior action (note: the interiot with the shiny floors that acted as a mirror ) had alot of stuttering and big framerate drops.

I've beaten the game three times and never noticed it. IIRC sites reported smooth framerates as well. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Anyways doesnt really matter w/ GOW2 around the corner. :)

I've beaten the game three times and never noticed it. IIRC sites reported smooth framerates as well. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Anyways doesnt really matter w/ GOW2 around the corner. :)

I recall a few vsyncing moments in the game but certainly nothing to give me a lasting impression of the game having "framerate issues." But then, I'm 100% confident that the game runs at 60fps outside of those blemishes...

I recall a few vsyncing moments in the game but certainly nothing to give me a lasting impression of the game having "framerate issues." But then, I'm 100% confident that the game runs at 60fps outside of those blemishes...

It runs at 30fps ...

But yes, it looses vsync a few times.

Only played GoW 1 but that one definately runs at 60fps. But that's OT...

Would be pretty good achievment if they finally reached 60fps, but then again, judging from the words this woman speaks out, maybe she talks about the TV's refresh rate after all???:oops:

I think Ostepop is confused with God of War (the original GOW) and Gears of War. The latter was definitely 30fps with some framerate problems causing it to be sub-30fps. GOW was definitely 60fps with some slight drops causing some tearing, but very slight.

Perhaps he has never played a PC game or had a good PC hardware. Either that or hes wrong again (perhaps we should get Crayon to post in this thread for good measure).

fighting.002.gif

I think Ostepop is confused with God of War (the original GOW) and Gears of War. The latter was definitely 30fps with some framerate problems causing it to be sub-30fps. GOW was definitely 60fps with some slight drops causing some tearing, but very slight.
God of War definitely looked 60 fps to me. It was very smooth. They got this with nasty tearing and moderate frame-rate drops. Defnitely damned smooth though, and if not 60 fps, then there's no need for 60 fps :p

What?

God of War runs sub 30fps, with quite a few framerate issues at some points in the game.

I cant belive you thought GoW is 60fps.. Let me guess, youve never played a pc game, or had good PC hardware?

I really dont think you are in a position to tell what the framerate is, judging by your last post.

What the?? I am very positive that God of War runs at 60fps.

You may be confusing it with Gears of War which runs at 30fps

It runs at 30fps ...

But yes, it looses vsync a few times.
You sir are a liar and deceiver (or just don't know wtf you're talking about) and never miss an opportunity to bash a Playstation game. My hand floats above the red button.
The truth about God of War is this:
1)The game is locked to 60 fps.
2)In the few instances where it drops to below 60fps, it does not do the usual double-buffered-with-vsync thing, which would be dropping instantly to 30fps, but instead dynamically loses the vsync. That means a)it stays responsive and b)it tears.
3)When you block an attack at just the right moment there is an intentional slowdown. That's a reward for players who get the timing just right, and allows them to counterattack more effectively.

Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad people shed the truth. Which means that its Ostepop who cant make the difference between 30 and 60fps, or he just likes spreading misinformation.

What?
God of War runs sub 30fps, with quite a few framerate issues at some points in the game.
I cant belive you thought GoW is 60fps.. Let me guess, youve never played a pc game, or had good PC hardware?
I really dont think you are in a position to tell what the framerate is, judging by your last post.

I really dont think you are in a position to tell what the framerate is, judging by this post.

Motorstorm is a ass kicking, adrenaline pumping game that gets the blood rushing through my veins!!!

Now that thats out of the way... has anyone played GoW on a PS3 yet? Any issues? I ask here because I know GoW players are here and I don't want to start a new thread.

I dont think he was comparing the games. There seems to be confusion when people mention "GOW". Is it god of war or gears of war? Who knows half the time. ;)

It's hilarious because Polygon Crusher is attacking nAo for a lack of an understanding of the discussion. And even in his signature he has a a comment credited to "Uppset fanboi" and the comment was actually from nAo himself in the Vertex input limited thread.

Pure forum comedy gold!

Back