Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Two more screenshot same PS5 photomode high quality png

Ry8BM2.png

Ry8qd9.png

Last edited:
Maybe they would have been better off making a much more linear game. It would be interesting to see how luminous can be utilized outside of open worlds
I always point at Plagues Tale as a perfect example of size and scope of what a studio can handle. Unsurprisingly, nominated for many awards, though didn’t win any, it still shows the importance of just doing one thing really well as opposed to trying to do everything at once.

Two more screenshot same PS5 photomode high quality png

Ry8BM2.png

Ry8qd9.png
Hmm. Outside of that initial area these environments are actually looking quite nice art wise with actual proper light and shadow properties and bounce. Maybe only certain zones are lower quality than others? Or some got more priority than others

Reactions: snc
Hmm. Outside of that initial area these environments are actually looking quite nice art wise with actual proper light and shadow properties and bounce. Maybe only certain zones are lower quality than others? Or some got more priority than others

Don't forget they aren't from the same build. The demo build is the TGS one from September and it means most of the time demo build are from build two to three months old probably a June/July build.

And this is without a possible day one patch.

that gameplay video makes me sure forspoken look weird/bland/off to me due to

• wooden animation blending
  • flat lighting and shading (seems also lacking AO)
  • incorrect shadows (e.g. the amazingly beautiful magic lightshow didnt cast shadows)
theoretically, if SQEX updated it will RTAO, RTGI, RT shadows (for everything). it would look much better.

That review ratio is harsh. I am intrigued by eurogamers review so I will probably pick it up on a deep sale. But still not a good first impression

I saw somewhere that SquareEnix has no PC Review Codes available at this time.
Yeah, they tweeted about that. I'm guessing if DF does it, it would take a few days as they won't be able to play the game until tomorrow. Same time as everyone else.

@Dictator Are you going to cover the PC version?

Thanks.
Are Forksporken’s particle effects in any way comparable to Returnal’s? The main superficial similarity seems to be native PS5, low native res, upscaling, and lots of particles, but I’m so out of the loop that maybe Forspaeketh’s particles aren’t that striking.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
Back