Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I have to say this game just doesn't look good. The game play looks lack luster and the graphics also don't look good. The spec requirements are also all over the place. I look forward to someone really testing it to see what is going on.

Did all luminous technical leads leave the company?!?!!?!!

I feel like like the gap between ff15 and this is pretty big.

Some retail store sold the game, some impression after 7 hours on era.

Not a bad game but bad facial animation and part of the dialogue is bad.

Last edited:
Some retail store sold the game, some impression after 7 hours on era.

Not a bad game but bad facial animation and dialogue.
Interesting Tha the music doesn't even get mentioned at all simply too unmemorable?

The music sounds as if someone was putting random precursions/drum sets in a music sequencer and then layered it with a generic melody.
It hits my nerves. It doesnt fit the world. It's more fitting to a mediocre TV series about high school teenagers.

Ha, i was right: See - hero girl choosing her super powers for the day:
1674127365626.png
1990: Girls have a shrine of high heels :eek:
2023: well... sneakers.

But jokes aside, after watching some of this leaked gameplay, i'm actually impressed from the game. The city scenes give me AAA vibes as expected.
The landscapes not so much. Can't befriend the art direction of realistic but boring landscape and bad auto exposure by intent. Lighting also isn't spectacular.
But overall probably a fine game for its audience.

Square knows this game is gonna be torn to shreds for not being interesting enough, with bland landscapes and cringe dialogues and not much interesting to do in the world outside of parkour

Which is a shame because from what I've heard of the story, it feels like something that could be interesting along with Frey herself if the execution was actually delivered well.

we also won't be able to avoid the inevitable culture war bullshit that will inevitably come for people to blame on the games failure rather than the execution of the product simply not being up to par. Because it's 2023 and we can't have discussions ever anymore without hate and "representation bad cuz woke"

It is unfortunate to happen on square enixs first attempt of appealing to different than their normal demographic. It was certainly a risk they took that they may not take again by taking the wrong lessons from the games reception

Square knows this game is gonna be torn to shreds for not being interesting enough, with bland landscapes and cringe dialogues and not much interesting to do in the world outside of parkour

Which is a shame because from what I've heard of the story, it feels like something that could be interesting along with Frey herself if the execution was actually delivered well.

we also won't be able to avoid the inevitable culture war bullshit that will inevitably come for people to blame on the games failure rather than the execution of the product simply not being up to par. Because it's 2023 and we can't have discussions ever anymore without hate and "representation bad cuz woke"

It is unfortunate to happen on square enixs first attempt of appealing to different than their normal demographic. It was certainly a risk they took that they may not take again by taking the wrong lessons from the games reception
This is sadly already happening and idiots from all walks of life are spouting nonsense. "Go woke go broke" because having a black female lead is supposedly woke. Then you got people who will blame the failure on people being racist and/or bigots when it could just be that the game is bad. The discussions won't be about the merits or shortcomings of the game, it'll be about idiots telling us how it does or does not align with their political beliefs.

Eeesh... my optimism is fading quickly.. 😩

It's usually not a good sign when they don't send out PC codes for review....

...but to not send out console codes for review either is NEVER a good sign... 😫

hmm. Reminds me of Witcher 3 all over again. Though W3 still turned out good. This unfortunately seems to be a troubled development

Back