GPU Ray Tracing Performance Comparisons [2021-2022]

Possibly though they specifically pointed out the 6900XT LC as having FSR 1.0 applied and no others in the article. Or perhaps FSR 1.0 was applied to all results?
The latter. Reading the original german article as well as the individual benchmark's descriptions make it quite clear, that FSR 1.0 UQ is activated for all cards where available. They mention the 6900 XT LC explicitly, because it is one of the most overclocked 6900 cards; it is a bit unfortunate though that they throw the mention of FSR into the same sentence and I can see how this can be misunderstood easily especially when using an online translator.

Doom, Far Cry and Metro did not use any upscaling, the others did - for all cards.

It's playable for some people on console. It isn't for others as evidenced by quite a few playing it in performance mode on consoles instead of fidelity mode because they find fidelity mode unplayable.

Regards,
SB
They don't find it unplayable. They would just prefer the 60fps version if given a choice in the matter.

15 plus million played the PS4 version at 30 fps for years and it was not something people were crying about being unplayable

They don't find it unplayable. They would just prefer the 60fps version if given a choice in the matter.

15 plus million played the PS4 version at 30 fps for years and it was not something people were crying about being unplayable

Yeah it’s crazy how so many people are cool with 30fps. I messed up the voltage curve on my 3090 recently and the clock got capped at 780Mhz. End result was fps was capped around 45fps in the game I was playing at the time (AC Rogue) and it was immediately obvious something was off.

Yeah it’s crazy how so many people are cool with 30fps. I messed up the voltage curve on my 3090 recently and the clock got capped at 780Mhz. End result was fps was capped around 45fps in the game I was playing at the time (AC Rogue) and it was immediately obvious something was off.
It's not crazy. People just have different standards and framepacing and such has a lot to do with that as well. Fluctuating fps and non VRR can also cause unnecessary judder.

People enjoy games how they want to enjoy them.

Back