Console Exclusives: Significance and Impact *spinoff*

I watched TLOU from beginning to end 3 times. I like the story, I hate the main character (because he lies to her at the end). The gameplay is mediocre, IMO. I played various parts of the game to see if at any point the gameplay felt different or changed, it didn't. Hence I had no desire to play through it, but did enjoy watching it for the story.

Uncharted I can't stand the main protagonist. I do not like the story. And I don't like the gameplay. I'm not going to force myself to play though the game if I don't like the game.

GOW3, the gameplay is great, but I thought the story sucked and I hate the main character. I did play though almost the entire game. I didn't finish it though, but have watched someone else finish it.

Just because I don't like a game doesn't mean other people can't like it. Just because other people like a game doesn't mean I have to like it.

Regards,
SB
To be honest I am not sure what to make out of your post.
You admit that didn't play the games properly. Your opinions are mostly formed on "what I have seen on youtube and at played in fragments at a friend's house", some elements unrelated to the actual game design and are in contrast to what players experienced. If it is a matter of absolute personal taste i.e not my type of game, it is perfectly acceptable and understandable.

So although I accept that there is nothing that can be liked or hated absolutely by everyone no matter how good or bad it is, regarding the thread's subject, your opinion doesnt really provide any valuable argument about the impact of exclusive titles or the design of these particular titles. If I were someone who never played the games and was looking for feedback to purchase I would have looked at places where people played the games.
A sample of people who bought these games with positive expectations and ended up not liking are a better sample than someone who shows signs of prejudice and experienced the games on youtube and played some parts briefly by accident.

As a whole these games did work wonders at establishing their selves as prime examples of quality and memorable experiences for the great majority for reasons that sometimes contradict what you hated

i.e
All three games were praised for their gameplay.
Uncharted and TLOU are praised for their characters and their interactions
TLOU story especially at the end had an enormous impact
GoW story was not great but it wasn't the main course to begin with. It served the setting properly for the developers to build the set pieces and some of the most epic gameplay experiences.

So the conclusion, regardless of your taste is that these games made the PS3 shine, defined in many ways the previous generation and are held very high by the community

Last edited:
The whole 'you have to have played it first' argument doesn't stand with me.

I've never played Dreams, yet I want it and want a PS4 to play it and don't want an XB1 because it doesn't have it and doesn't have anything I consider a substitute. Trying to piece together the logic of this thread, I think that makes me a Clueless, Elitist, Naive Snob. :yep2:

The whole 'you have to have played it first' argument doesn't stand with me.

I've never played Dreams, yet I want it and want a PS4 to play it and don't want an XB1 because it doesn't have it and doesn't have anything I consider a substitute. Trying to piece together the logic of this thread, I think that makes me a Clueless, Elitist, Naive Snob. :yep2:
What you describe is different.
It is one thing to be attracted or not to a game based on what it showed you, and another to hate specific elements of the game without trying to understand it or even experiencing them.

To make the point clearer:
Shifty likes what he saw from Dreams and he wants to try it, but havent bought it yet.
Brit feels the same. But he buys the game and tries it.
Nesh loves action games, admits it is not his taste, might check it on youtube or try it out of curiosity at a friend's. Still might not like it. Recognizes it is probably a great game for it's genre, but wont comment on gameplay quality and depth.
Bizzaro Nesh still loves action games. Checks Dreams at youtube or plays a few minutes at a friend's dislikes the controls, dislikes that he couldnt create worlds in the first 5 minutes, hates that he couldnt get around the menu's in those 5 minutes, says the art is stupid and cartoony, hates the lack of story and fast paced actionetc. Says game sucks and it is a clusterfuck of confusing menus, it is not fun, it is boring. Blames the game instead of recognizing it is not his cup of tea.
Brit and his friends in the mean time create beautiful worlds, enjoy it and feel that it is one of the best attempts and most original titles of the particular game type.
Edit: Brit agrees with Nesh, but disagrees with Bizzaro Nesh

Last edited:
Nesh, so what you're saying is everyone who doesnt own and hasnt played and will never play any of the Microsoft Xbox One games should shut up and never ever be able to participate in the respective game threads. Got it. Thanks.

You've missed half the post. Is there literally nothing in your life that you can't do without? Not a single thing or person you consider irreplaceable? If not, you can't comprehend how others can not find Product B a replacement for Product A. That doesn't make those people elitist! ;)
So I feel like I derailed this conversation with this topic, and as such I definitely want to drop it as the current posts from MrFox etc, are pretty much in the vain of where I think this discussion should be headed.

There's definitely some confusion on our interpretation of the dialogue here, I'm definitely okay with preferences. There's a big difference between preferences and elitism and either I seem to be able to fail to illustrate it or perhaps I have it totally wrong. There are some other aspects at play here in particular, I recognize that it's the topic of elitism itself is one that borderlines more on the language we use to discuss and not necessarily a mindset we have, so it could be easy to accidentally construe something as elitism when in reality we may be speaking off cuff.

PC Master Race for instance is elitism. It's by definition. When someone tells me that they can't view a game under 1080p because it's too blurry and impossible to see, I would align that with elitism. That's not preference, unless you can't physically see what's happening. But you know where I'm going with that. Someone telling me they prefer higher resolution and is willing to pay for it is not the same as, labelling the Xbox population as dumb sheep because they continue to buy an inferior resolution console. That's elitism. I think the idea that the Xbox population also being labelled as brand loyalty sheep for choosing to upgrade to X1X is elitism as well. And at first when I suggested that the reverse should also be true, I found agreeing that yea, because PS4 has a larger catalogue that wouldn't go backwards. But then you're not valuing all the 3P games. Are all 100 exclusives more than Xbox on PS4 all 4K enriched? I think not.

I think to that extent, I found the tone of not being able to group action/adventure games together as elitist in tone, even though I recognize we may not categorize the same things together.
ie. What is the category with SoT, someone brought up AC: Black Flag. I was thinking EvE Online, Day Z, Rust, Job Simulator.
ie. What game is close to TLOU, and example being State of Decay 2, but I would't suggest that either since that is actually a survival game in line with 'Don't Starve', 'The Long Dark', 'Below', etc. Where the core gameplay mechanics is about collecting, food, water, shelter, medicine etc. I classify games by their gameplay the story is the flavour you like it in. There are many ways to cook a steak, but a steak is still beef.

I have given a lot of thought into this topic over the last while and I'm unable to come up with a response that just would not align us into a discussion of proper course. Part of me asks why I put myself into position, and the only response I can come up with is that, few people seem to want to defend Xbox. If we all keep saying Xbox is bad, everyone is going to start believing it, Xbox players themselves. If we keep saying exclusives are the most important thing in the world, then everyone is going to start believing it too. At first I thought this way too, but then I thought about some other contrasting scenarios:

a) Is a man who spends his whole life with 1 partner worse off than a man who spends his life with 1000s of partners?
With time as a finite resource, one would assume depth of the relationship with 1 partner would be significantly further than the person with 1000 partners.
b) Is a chef who cooks only 1 dish with limited ingredients their entire life inferior to a chef who cooks with all the flavours? Once again, with time as a finite resource, one would assume that the depth of that 1 dish, would be significantly deeper than the chef who is experimenting with all the flavours. ie. 'Ugly Delicious' Episode 5 on Netflix. He rates this mans Yaktori Chicken as the best thing he's ever had in the world period. It's just chicken on a skewer with salt sprinkled over cooked over coals. And as someone that has been to Japan, when people ask me what was teh best thing I had there too, to their dismay I did not say sushi, but their BBQ.
c) Is a player who spends his life playing the most simplistic game in the world inferior to the ones that want to play all the games? I watched the Documentary of Lee So Dul spend his entire life playing GO and the world and nation watched as he beaten by Alpha Go. The emotions of a world were really watching here, and when he won, there was this collective emotional energy that I think could never be curated by any video game.

So when I think about these 3 contrasting scenarios, and I think about the experience that each player has with each game. The depth at which we play, and what we experience is our collective value. It's almost as easy as saying area under the curve. On an X and Y axis, with Y being how much time you spent in that game, and X being teh number of games you've played. I think my 1.5 years of my awake life being spent in WoW and my thousands of hours competing in CounterStrike 2 games are just 2 games, but the hours invested have provided me a completely different view of what gaming could be. You know, every game of Starcraft 2 I play on ladder, is a heart pounding experience and it's a bout that is so personal that when i win I come out exhausted both mentally and physically my fitbit will track my heart rate at 140 bpm. And so when I compare these experiences to having to experience 'more', more titles, but with less hours spent in them, am I really getting a better experience? I think as I grow older, and with my 3rd child now, it's harder to reach into those deeper competitive experiences, the time is just not there, and it's easier to be told a story than to weave your own.

Nesh brought up a good point that not all exclusives are first party. Reality is, any game we don't play is exclusive to us. Whether or not it is available for purchase, if you don't play it, you don't experience it. We don't experience games at the same level. So this idea of more exclusives as an argument is really not about the titles themselves, but the option of paying into a platform to purchase those experiences.

And so, I'm not necessarily convinced that the game library is the be all and end all of console purchasing behaviour, or platform experience.
Sony has the largest library, Nintendo the smallest, both of them with the largest berth of exclusives, and now looking forward, Xbox with 0 since everything is now released on PC.

Yet. Xbox is not completely dead in the water. The purchasing behaviour has not slowed or died, its been rather constant. They have less exclusive announcements now than ever. The competition with an increasingly larger amount.

When i think about why someone would want to buy Xbox I think of 3 key reasons now
a) it's cheaper to game on xbox: Pass + EA access for a year is 150, which is the cost of 2 games.
b) it's got better media playback and audio features
c) better graphics with X1X

I think if someone was a PS4 owner looking for a midgen refresh, I don't see why they wouldn't get X1X for the reasons above. You get better graphical experiences and audio experiences. And it's cheaper gaming by a lot. You can use your PS4 as an exclusive machine. I think this is valid, and logical since you're getting a massive boost in performance for your library for cheaper and accessing an additional catalogue of games you could not.

So why should Sony fans be considered not brand loyalists when they upgrade to Pro, but Xbox One people are considered loyalist when they upgrade to X.

Last edited:
Nesh, so what you're saying is everyone who doesnt own and hasnt played and will never play any of the Microsoft Xbox One games should shut the fuck up and never ever be able to participate in the respective game threads. Got it. Thanks.

I think it is not good to not be able to participate but be critical of the gameplay of a Xbox One game I never play will simply be stupid or a big troll. The only topic I would want to post are Sunset Overdrive or Forza Horizon 3 because it is game I think I can like.

So I feel like I derailed this conversation with this topic, and as such I definitely want to drop it as the current posts from MrFox etc, are pretty much in the vain of where I think this discussion should be headed.

There's definitely some confusion on our interpretation of the dialogue here, I'm definitely okay with preferences. There's a big difference between preferences and elitism and either I seem to be able to fail to illustrate it or perhaps I have it totally wrong. There are some other aspects at play here in particular, I recognize that it's the topic of elitism itself is one that borderlines more on the language we use to discuss and not necessarily a mindset we have, so it could be easy to accidentally construe something as elitism when in reality we may be speaking off cuff.

PC Master Race for instance is elitism. It's by definition. When someone tells me that they can't view a game under 1080p because it's too blurry and impossible to see, I would align that with elitism. That's not preference, unless you can't physically see what's happening. But you know where I'm going with that. Someone telling me they prefer higher resolution and is willing to pay for it is not the same as, labelling the Xbox population as dumb sheep because they continue to buy an inferior resolution console. That's elitism. I think the idea that the Xbox population also being labelled as brand loyalty sheep for choosing to upgrade to X1X is elitism as well. And at first when I suggested that the reverse should also be true, I found agreeing that yea, because PS4 has a larger catalogue that wouldn't go backwards. But then you're not valuing all the 3P games. Are all 100 exclusives more than Xbox on PS4 all 4K enriched? I think not.

I think to that extent, I found the tone of not being able to group action/adventure games together as elitist in tone, even though I recognize we may not categorize the same things together.
ie. What is the category with SoT, someone brought up AC: Black Flag. I was thinking EvE Online, Day Z, Rust, Job Simulator.
ie. What game is close to TLOU, and example being State of Decay 2, but I would't suggest that either since that is actually a survival game in line with 'Don't Starve', 'The Long Dark', 'Below', etc. Where the core gameplay mechanics is about collecting, food, water, shelter, medicine etc. I classify games by their gameplay the story is the flavour you like it in. There are many ways to cook a steak, but a steak is still beef.

I have given a lot of thought into this topic over the last while and I'm unable to come up with a response that just would not align us into a discussion of proper course. Part of me asks why I put myself into position, and the only response I can come up with is that, few people seem to want to defend Xbox. If we all keep saying Xbox is bad, everyone is going to start believing it, Xbox players themselves. If we keep saying exclusives are the most important thing in the world, then everyone is going to start believing it too. At first I thought this way too, but then I thought about some other contrasting scenarios:

a) Is a man who spends his whole life with 1 partner worse off than a man who spends his life with 1000s of partners?
With time as a finite resource, one would assume depth of the relationship with 1 partner would be significantly further than the person with 1000 partners.
b) Is a chef who cooks only 1 dish with limited ingredients their entire life inferior to a chef who cooks with all the flavours? Once again, with time as a finite resource, one would assume that the depth of that 1 dish, would be significantly deeper than the chef who is experimenting with all the flavours. ie. 'Ugly Delicious' Episode 5 on Netflix. He rates this mans Yaktori Chicken as the best thing he's ever had in the world period. It's just chicken on a skewer with salt sprinkled over cooked over coals. And as someone that has been to Japan, when people ask me what was teh best thing I had there too, to their dismay I did not say sushi, but their BBQ.
c) Is a player who spends his life playing the most simplistic game in the world inferior to the ones that want to play all the games? I watched the Documentary of Lee So Dul spend his entire life playing GO and the world and nation watched as he beaten by Alpha Go. The emotions of a world were really watching here, and when he won, there was this collective emotional energy that I think could never be curated by any video game.

So when I think about these 3 contrasting scenarios, and I think about the experience that each player has with each game. The depth at which we play, and what we experience is our collective value. It's almost as easy as saying area under the curve. On an X and Y axis, with Y being how much time you spent in that game, and X being teh number of games you've played. I think my 1.5 years of my awake life being spent in WoW and my thousands of hours competing in CounterStrike 2 games are just 2 games, but the hours invested have provided me a completely different view of what gaming could be. You know, every game of Starcraft 2 I play on ladder, is a heart pounding experience and it's a bout that is so personal that when i win I come out exhausted both mentally and physically my fitbit will track my heart rate at 140 bpm. And so when I compare these experiences to having to experience 'more', more titles, but with less hours spent in them, am I really getting a better experience? I think as I grow older, and with my 3rd child now, it's harder to reach into those deeper competitive experiences, the time is just not there, and it's easier to be told a story than to weave your own.

Nesh brought up a good point that not all exclusives are first party. Reality is, any game we don't play is exclusive to us. Whether or not it is available for purchase, if you don't play it, you don't experience it. We don't experience games at the same level. So this idea of more exclusives as an argument is really not about the titles themselves, but the option of paying into a platform to purchase those experiences.

And so, I'm not necessarily convinced that the game library is the be all and end all of console purchasing behaviour, or platform experience.
Sony has the largest library, Nintendo the smallest, both of them with the largest berth of exclusives, and now looking forward, Xbox with 0 since everything is now released on PC.

Yet. Xbox is not completely dead in the water. The purchasing behaviour has not slowed or died, its been rather constant. They have less exclusive announcements now than ever. The competition with an increasingly larger amount.

When i think about why someone would want to buy Xbox I think of 3 key reasons now
a) it's cheaper to game on xbox: Pass + EA access for a year is 150, which is the cost of 2 games.
b) it's got better media playback and audio features
c) better graphics with X1X

I think if someone was a PS4 owner looking for a midgen refresh, I don't see why they wouldn't get X1X for the reasons above. You get better graphical experiences and audio experiences. And it's cheaper gaming by a lot. You can use your PS4 as an exclusive machine. I think this is valid, and logical since you're getting a massive boost in performance for your library for cheaper and accessing an additional catalogue of games you could not.

So why should Sony fans be considered not brand loyalists when they upgrade to Pro, but Xbox One people are considered loyalist when they upgrade to X.

It is the same thing. I am Salesforce developer and each time I have a new certification I have 150 chf* of gift card. I paid my PS4 Pro only 100 chf and it was not long before the Xbox One X release I could buy one it would have cost me 200 CHF but I wanted the best version of PS4 game(exclusive and 3rd party) not the best 3rd party version. With mid gen refresh the notion of best console version will change very often. If next year Sony launch the PS5, it will change again and if MS launch one year after it will change again and two years later it will change again when Sony will launch PS5 Pro. I have all my PS plus game and digital game and friends on PS4. Why I would change? Another reason many user sold the base PS4 or base Xbox one to have a new model. They want to keep their game library, friend and maybe other media if they buy movie on PSN... Xbox One and XB1X are mediocre UHD BR movie player and UHD BR is a niche. Now the majority of people use Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or other video services...

Xbox or Playstation are now ecosystem and the most difficult things is to make people change... I think it will be a huge advantage for Sony if they are backward compatible. Imo the PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 (not other console only PS1 and PS2 classics available on PSN for example)...

* swiss franc

Last edited:

That's easy. Default human perception is to view anyone that is different than you negatively and with varying degrees of fear, hatred, and contempt and then, subconsciously, to find justification for those feelings. Not hard to see why people with a console preference might reconcile someone having a different preference by believing it's due to flawed judgement.

It is the same thing. I am Salesforce developer and each time I have a new certification I have 150 chf* of gift card. I paid my PS4 Pro only 100 chf and it was not long before I could have buy a Xbox One X it would have cost me 200 CHF but I wanted the best version of PS4 game(exclusive and 3rd party) not the best 3rd party version. With mid gen refresh the notion of best console version will change very often. If next year Sony launch the PS5, it will change again and if MS launch one yea after it will change again an two years later it will change again when Sony will launch PS5 Pro. I have all my PS plus game and digital game and friends on PS4. Why I would change? Another reason many user sold the base PS4 or base Xbox one to have a new model. They want to keep their game library, friend and maybe other media if they buy movie on PSN... Xbox One and XB1X are mediocre UHD BR movie player and UHD BR is a niche. Now the majority of people use Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or other video services...

Xbox or Playstation are now ecosystem and the most difficult things is to make people change...
The UHD player on Xbox is fixed now.
but yea, I hear you. Ah man, I didn't want to get to that meta either. I was like, if I wanted to switch, I'd wait for PS5 because I'd assume it's BC and not buy the PS4/Pro. It makes sense to just wait.

Anyway, i'm sorry I called you out on a couple of posts earlier, I get that it's entirely possible that english isn't your primary everyday language if you're in EUR and working with Swiss Francs

That's easy. Default human perception is to view anyone that is different than you negatively and with varying degrees of fear, hatred, and contempt and then, subconsciously, to find justification for those feelings. Not hard to see why people with a console preference might reconcile someone having a different preference by believing it's due to flawed judgement.

I don't even understand people who can't understand people who like other console even if the console were the same power and the same games without exclusive some will prefer Xbox controller other PS controller and some will prefer Xbox Live or PS4 OS...

I'm not sure why the straw man, no one said it is not logical to do what you suggested. I bought a XB1 before I bought a Pro. So by all means, by a different console before buying a second of the same one. How many X owners here bought a PS4 before they bought a second $500 XB? I can't fathom not opening up that library of games previously not accessible for what was a $200 price during the holidays.

BTW making continued arguments about media playback and other things is why MS failed this gen, people buy consoles for games. Sales are not driven by media, TV, Kinect, sound (what?), etc.

Also, one of the main reasons the Pro exists and why the launch date was when it was is because of PSVR, it was the biggest single reason I bought one. I don't have a 4k TV and more pixels on the TV don't interest me (I understand my limited eyes and viewing distances), but more pixels and frames for PSVR is huge.

Nesh, so what you're saying is everyone who doesnt own and hasnt played and will never play any of the Microsoft Xbox One games should shut the fuck up and never ever be able to participate in the respective game threads. Got it. Thanks.
Thats NOT what I said.
Read again.

I'm not sure why the straw man
Okay all this discussion stemmed off this, so explain your comment then, since the spin off was caused by this single comment.
My question is why would anyone who only owned only a XB1 buy a XBX when they could have added another console and opened up a bunch of exclusives? More pixels? Most of us play games and if you are not DF and pixel counting for a living, then buy a Switch or PS4 and have many more games to choose from. If I was a XB1 only person I'd have PUBG and SoT to play, I'd go crazy. No option to pick up Nino Kuni 2, God of War, Detroit, Shadow of the Colossus, The Show 2018, Spider-man, and everything that came before 2018. I guess people really are loyal to brands.

You've done the following in 1 post.
a) We're just dumb idiots because we can't see 4K, so we're sheep for believing in pixel counting
b) We don't play games at all, we're just staring at pixels
c) XB1 only has PUBG and SoT to play, there's absolutely no other games on this console
d) Anyone who does this is loyal to brands.

BTW making continued arguments about media playback and other things is why MS failed this gen, people buy consoles for games. Sales are not driven by media, TV, Kinect, sound (what?), etc.
Dolby Atmos, Windows Sonic? Virtual Surround over head phones? You never heard of these critical features that improve the enjoyment of your game play?

Do you know that PS4Pro missing UHD blu ray playback was a big topic of discussion during its release right? You're welcome to read how the HiFi industry reacted to that.

Anyway, please go ahead, try to explain how what I've written in regards to 3P and everything else is a straw man argument to what you've written.

For clarification, DrJay's post does not define the context of a lot of other points presented, many (most?) of which are purely on the subject of 'the value of exclusives' and what makes some games unique and irreplaceable, with zero connection to the remarks about XB1 owners. I know my posts were as much, and seeing the context from which your discussing makes some of your comments more understandable!

I liked irobot's angle of games having substitution choices. I just disagree about the games I compared being replacement, instead they are additions.

Veering into personal interest completely changed the subject when some of us were trying to honestly compare our experiences of finishing, for example, both witcher 3 and hzd. If this is now a poll about interests I have no idea how it helps figure out why some consoles have a bigger userbase. What's the question again?

The X1X as a hardware is very well made. Feature wise for media play and games. It is simply perfect and value for money considering the potential (The X1 just misses the performance prowess but everything else is well thought).
The irony is that such a hardware screams for that triple AAA content that will make a good use of its graphical and sound capabilities for an immersive cinematic experience that sets it apart. It is marketed as such by MS.
But IMO its real potential for games are partly sitting idle and unexploited. Considering what's coming to the PS4, I think that many potential X owners and some existing owners are a bit disappointed that they are not seeing similar efforts for the XBOX.

I liked irobot's angle of games having substitution choices. I just disagree about the games I compared being replacement, instead they are additions.

Veering into personal interest completely changed the subject when some of us were trying to honestly compare our experiences of finishing, for example, both witcher 3 and hzd. If this is now a poll about interests I have no idea how it helps figure out why some consoles have a bigger userbase. What's the question again?
The thread should be about trying to ascertain the value of exclusives and whether they're worth a console company investing in or not, I think. The branching from the other discussion may have started with a consideration of how the PS exclusives add value to PS4 and why that seems a no-brainer console choice to some, but this thread is broader than that. DrJay's sentiments would need their own discussion, "XB1 owners wanting to mid-gen upgrade should get a PS4P to play the exclusives - Discuss."

The thread should be about trying to ascertain the value of exclusives and whether they're worth a console company investing in or not, I think. The branching from the other discussion may have started with a consideration of how the PS exclusives add value to PS4 and why that seems a no-brainer console choice to some, but this thread is broader than that. DrJay's sentiments would need their own discussion, "XB1 owners wanting to mid-gen upgrade should get a PS4P to play the exclusives - Discuss."
Okay, I didn't pay attention to why a merge happened and read diagonally.

What yourself, Shifty, DSoup and others have presented is pretty solid. Each experience is unique, as you have put it so and others and I agree. It would be difficult to even compare our Witcher 3 experiences given how we build and choose dialogue options.

The reality is, I can’t purchase a PS4 and make use of it without dramatically killing off time spent in another game or just killing off more family time. Gaming is my my social focus since being unable to leave the house much as a result of 3 kids under 5. Same with movies, UHD is the best way to enjoy a movie when I can't visit theatres (also impossible at this moment). It's always been this limitation and Xbox has been that method to join up with friends. It's not like I can't afford a PS4 or I can't enjoy their games.

But for me it really just comes down to having limited time to play means sacrificing one game over the other. And if I'm doing social things with my gaming time, then SP games tend to get the back burner for me. And so, the commentary on why I would choose one over the other, is basically that, my focus is on MP before SP and I'll gladly take substitutions for those moments where I have time for SP. But to be told that my gaming choices are ass, and that the real gaming is where PS is. Well that's pretty well elitist bullshit trying to define what a good gaming experience is for others just because you like it that way.

But the topic is so broad and encompassing it's so easy to veer off course and we can quickly say the wrong things.

The thread should be about trying to ascertain the value of exclusives and whether they're worth a console company investing in or not, I think.
I think we've tapped on a lot of good different points on this one, I wasn't actually arguing towards this though. For me it was entirely personal, I'm sorry that wasn't clear.

I think having more choice is going to be better, the probabilities go up for a game you like, but at a certain point in time you can only take so much advantage of an expanded library.

For instance, I know @djskribbles played over 1500+ hours of destiny. Like common, how many exclusives you crushing in there as well. There's only so much time realistically available to us. Now can you imagine playing other GaaS as well that suck up equally so much time? By the time he's done with Destiny 1, if Destiny 2 was killer, another 1500+ would have went into there.

Back