Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I caved, this has GTA sandbox type game that I get tired of after 5-10 missions all over it, but I just pre-ordered. Hype train was to tempting to join.....

If it's GTA-type I'm super excited. If it's Ubi-type on the other hand? - not so much I'm afraid. How early they sent out review copies is a very promising sign at least (not that it necessarily matters if you look at the quality of last year's Bethesda games). Seems like they have confidence in what they've created.

If it's GTA-type I'm super excited. If it's Ubi-type on the other hand? - not so much I'm afraid. How early they sent out review copies is a very promising sign at least (not that it necessarily matters if you look at the quality of last year's Bethesda games). Seems like they have confidence in what they've created.

It is an action RPG. From the early leak coming from reviewer about the quality of the game, it looks pretty good. It seems the dungeons call cauldrons are great from one of the few guy finding one during the preview event... And the combat seems very good.. A guy from digitalfoundry give a hint that the game is good... And another reviewer told this on twitter.

@MolotovCupcake
Ahhhhh. Such a fantastically-designed female character in the game I'm reviewing. I love her. I can't wait for everyone to play.
@MolotovCupcake
Got a date with Aloy and chocolate candies tonight.

Last edited:
Hmmm..dungeons? Now that has me interested.
My only worry is that combat will not be satisfying in the game . From what I have seen there isn't even a dodge button, players keep jumping to avoid enemy attacks which feels looks so clumsy and inaccurate.
Combat is make or break for this game for me. Playing ROTR on hard right now and the game has no challenge at all and the combat just feels vague anyways. So does exploration and tombs which are barebones. As if to check boxes.

I have a feeling horizon is more a ubisoft/farcry game than a zelda/rpg kind. Except for one guy who played the preview build at very hard and posted a cool boss fight with the corruptor, no one has posted an exciting combat video. That to me feels wrong, such a game which is all about hunting giant animals should have flooded the internet with combat vids!
And GG says there will be no demo so there isn't any way to try it's feel out without buying it -_-

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hmmm..dungeons? Now that has me interested.
My only worry is that combat will not be satisfying in the game . From what I have seen there isn't even a dodge button, players keep jumping to avoid enemy attacks which feels looks so clumsy and inaccurate.
Combat is make or break for this game for me. Playing ROTR on hard right now and the game has no challenge at all and the combat just feels vague anyways. So does exploration and tombs which are barebones. As if to check boxes.

I have a feeling horizon is more a ubisoft/farcry game than a zelda/rpg kind. Except for one guy who played the preview build at very hard and posted a cool boss fight with the corruptor, no one has posted an exciting combat video. That to me feels wrong, such a game which is all about hunting giant animals should have flooded the internet with combat vids!
And GG says there will be no demo so there isn't any way to try it's feel out without buying it -_-

It goes against every impression, combat is one the strong point of every preview.

Well, you asked for it...

Thank you! Tho it's heavily compressed and doesn't have a 4k option which hurts the quality quite a bit, other than that I can't believe how beautiful and majestic this game looks, just imagine the uncimpressed feed like that PNG shot quality.

After seeing that clip, I can't help but think Microsoft will run a clip at Scorpio's launch along the lines of 'The worlds most powerful games console ... no more'

Ouz9ZbS.png

The combat looks very boring and the enemy AI non-existent. I'm sure there are much better examples of this games potential around.
Please do share. I have found only one exciting combat video till now which I linked here. Twin angry gamers or soemthing. He played it on very hard.

Do link the videos you liked. Dying to see some good combat gameplay .

Back