PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if they include some neo/4k dlc or something with it then yeah. That said, you're playing with fire for your next game which could face backlash for your money grab.
DLC should be available on both platforms though, so no, unlikely, they can only do the usual routine with "GOTY", "Complete" editions, etc.

I'm sure Sony and MS will work with devs to release "4k patches" for popular games even if they have to subsidize bits of it.
That wouldn't surprise me, nor would gentle persuasion such as "No, you don't have to patch if you don't want. But it does bring into question the veracity of your game support which means we'll be subjecting all future submittals to a commensurate level of scrutiny."

Or even a bigger stick(and esp. for indie devs) where unsupported games will be removed from the online store.

However, I expect most devs to support it without issue, and Sony/MS to mostly use a carrot approach to entice quality support.

Yeah, but even they need to be enhanced I'd have thought. Otherwise early expectations of Neo owners might be, "what's the point of Neo then when it looks exactly the same as PS4?" I'd except at least a framerate or IQ improvement on major titles like Uncharted.

Yeah, but even they need to be enhanced I'd have thought. Otherwise early expectations of Neo owners might be, "what's the point of Neo then when it looks exactly the same as PS4?" I'd except at least a framerate or IQ improvement on major titles like Uncharted.
Would love to see proper HDR support on all major releases, it would be easily seen improvement with reasonable budget.

Sorry, I misread your post. We're in agreement. I think they should go back through all of the first party games and patch them to add neo enhancements. They need to build up the Neo library as much as possible, and 1st party games is a great way to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back