Not open for further replies.
Few gameplay screenshots from Scotland

26984561325_61f56a7a2c_o.png

26890247052_e74c2a3c1d_o.png

26951190586_6ff7f1f822_o.png

26951168966_3cccb77edc_o.png

26379049354_2de079c712_o.png

26380429493_a44ff45640_o.png

Beautiful level, subtle colors but beautiful.

I actually thought that level is the worse looking level in the game so far. I hated it. Tomb Raider's levels that are close to this art destroy it in detail @ 4k. I was very disappointed with this level.

Btw, UC4 has a new contender -- DOOM. :p Holy shit that game looks/runs beautifully @ 4k! I love love love games that focus on getting lighting and shadowing correct. I just texted and congratulated one of the senior lighters that worked on DOOM (who used to work at my company). They did an awesome job!

Dude, can you please leave off the 4K? I'm not even visiting this thread because of spoilers and I'm still getting '4k 4k 4k' leaking out across the board, even when we're talking about 1080p consoles here in the console forum! It's stupid talking about aliasing and saying UC4's not all that when projected onto a 200" screen as its solution is frickin' amazing even if it can't compete with monster PC rigs cranked up to 11. View it in context and give the developers credit where credit's due, and hope we get a peper on it.

Seriously, Tomb Raider versus UC4? The aliasing in TR is the worst of any game this gen with the PS2-leve shimmer!

And finally, damn, he goes to Scotland. Is there anything left to this game for me to discover??

Hi Jupiter, I also have a big plasma and initially I started the game with the motion interpolation left on by mistake, and Uncharted was just painful to play.

So if it's on, turn it off. The motion blur is still there but much, much more bearable without the TV messing with the image even further.

Just a suggestion :)

Thank you for the advice but I disabled any additional things on my TV. In addition, Panasonics interpolation is worse than SONYs. I calibrated my TV and I want the picture exactly as it is on the BD.

The grain is also very strong in Uncharted 4 but I can live with it. I find the driving in Madagascar very good. What I liked that you had to run around the tree with the rope. Finally, the player itself is active in his vehicle. Unlike its predecessors.
The visibility of the Pop Ups maintains low for my screen size. But when driving I also had a unwell feeling by the motion blur.

Last edited:
Dude, can you please leave off the 4K? I'm not even visiting this thread because of spoilers and I'm still getting '4k 4k 4k' leaking out across the board, even when we're talking about 1080p consoles here in the console forum! It's stupid talking about aliasing and saying UC4's not all that when projected onto a 200" screen as its solution is frickin' amazing even if it can't compete with monster PC rigs cranked up to 11. View it in context and give the developers credit where credit's due, and hope we get a peper on it.

Seriously, Tomb Raider versus UC4? The aliasing in TR is the worst of any game this gen with the PS2-leve shimmer!

And finally, damn, he goes to Scotland. Is there anything left to this game for me to discover??

Well, If I can't mention 4k what's the point? 1080p is an aliased nightmare for any game when comparing to it.

And I've already given credit to devs for the game..

Tomb raider looka like shit conpared to the pictures I took myself with a camera on a trip I made last year.
Factually correct. Still completely irrelevant no?

Well, If I can't mention 4k what's the point?
Of what? The discussion? To talk about games on consoles and how they look and what techniques they use.
1080p is an aliased nightmare for any game when comparing to it.
Why compare to it?? We never compared to 1600p and the like before now on PC, so why the sudden need for you to compare console games to 4k? Also, assuming BluRay's aren't also an aliased nightmare, it's possible for 1080p to get to a very clean image quality so they should be your reference point.

Of what? The discussion? To talk about games on consoles and how they look and what techniques they use.

It was my understanding that this thread was NEVER intended to be limited to just discussion of UC4 graphics compared to other consoles. We had several pages of comparing this game to PC games. Why all of a sudden is it now a console only comparison thread when you get comments like "This is the best looking game on all platforms". How do you explain the title by which you created (and we agreed on)?

Why compare to it?? We never compared to 1600p and the like before now on PC, so why the sudden need for you to compare console games to 4k?

I'm not comparing console games to 4k, I'm comparing UC4 to 4k. Why? Because it's commonly touted as the best looking game no matter what platform and no matter what settings -- technically. I'm arguing that even with good AA techniques, a 1080p image is still not as crisp or sharp as a 4k render. We'll see these kinds of comments as soon as the PS4 Neo comes out and have a 4k implementation of an exclusive game (you heard it here first). I can see the difference in rendering quality so when I'm playing RoTR, it has a much cleaner image than playing UC4 despite it looking inferior artistically. Same goes for all the games I play at 4k. Hell, even QB looks pretty blurry @ 1440p compared to 4k.

Also, assuming BluRay's aren't also an aliased nightmare, it's possible for 1080p to get to a very clean image quality so they should be your reference point.

Bluray movies don't map texels to pixels or have the requirement to blur between foreground and background plates. The footage is already captured at 1080p from a camera, so it's not the same thing (i.e. textures are usually used in powers of 2).

I apologize for irritating the masses here, so I'll just not talk and listen when concerning this game's graphics.

It was my understanding that this thread was NEVER intended to be limited to just discussion of UC4 graphics compared to other consoles. We had several pages of comparing this game to PC games. Why all of a sudden is it now a console only comparison thread when you get comments like "This is the best looking game on all platforms". How do you explain the title by which you created (and we agreed on)?

I'm not comparing console games to 4k, I'm comparing UC4 to 4k. Why? Because it's commonly touted as the best looking game no matter what platform and no matter what settings -- technically. I'm arguing that even with good AA techniques, a 1080p image is still not as crisp or sharp as a 4k render. We'll see these kinds of comments as soon as the PS4 Neo comes out and have a 4k implementation of an exclusive game (you heard it here first). I can see the difference in rendering quality so when I'm playing RoTR, it has a much cleaner image than playing UC4 despite it looking inferior artistically. Same goes for all the games I play at 4k. Hell, even QB looks pretty blurry @ 1440p compared to 4k.

Bluray movies don't map texels to pixels or have the requirement to blur between foreground and background plates. The footage is already captured at 1080p from a camera, so it's not the same thing (i.e. textures are usually used in powers of 2).

I apologize for irritating the masses here, so I'll just not talk and listen when concerning this game's graphics.
Do you really dont understand the difference between people saying there is no other game in general that looks as good overall as U4, and a wise-ass making the irrelevant and captain-obvious-worthy observation that a game bruteforcing its way to 4k on pc looks less aliased?
The first one regards the entire game's presentations package and its overall production value. It is not trying to be any form of de-facto quantitative measurement of pixel fidelity, and that comes without saying, because no-one would be so incapable of deriving context to understand it that way. Except of course, for someone hell driven by the idea that everyone on the forums are blind sony following zombies that are gonna be re-educated by him.

Shifty i don't think there's much to moderate here, thread has been going fine the last few days. Most of us have finally got their hands on the game and can comment on positives/negatives without hyperbole. You don't have to spoil yourself more, the game is wroth it. And what i have posted here ain't much of a spoiler anyway (only one thing that i put double spoiler tags).

Edit: I had my flickr album safety to moderate which meant you had to log in to flickr to see the screenshots, now it's fixed! Spoilers everywhere though https://www.flickr.com/photos/128836441@N08/albums/72157665857930664

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back