All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PS4 Drake Uncharted Collection Bundle is a hit, no doubt about it. But amongst who? Late (very late) returning PS3 fans? XB360 users finally flipping over? Or just new casual users wanting to see what the fuss is all about? I mean, the bundle is kicking Star Wars Battlefront and Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundles tails.

The Uncharted bundle is the only official BF bundle at $299.

Probably more than Kinekt due to it costing 1/3 of the price? Not sure, Kinekt is a much better hardware piece though.

Amazon, the same picture.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-11/videogames/

Best selling of November (So far)

14. PS4 - Battlefront Bundle
18. PS4 - COD Bundle
23. PS4 - Uncharted Bundle
25. XB1 - GOW Bundle
26. XB1 - Fallout Bundle
64. XB1 - Holiday Bundle

Overall it seems like Uncharted bundle for Ps4 and Gears bundle for X1 did really well in BF deals. Other than that both Battlefront bundles and COD bundles sold pretty well on Ps4. Do we know anything about X1 Fallout 4(+3) bundle?

I don't think it's the Elite X1. Halo 5 is regular 1TB X1 with the regular controller. The Elite bundle is priced similarly without the game and customization ($449) and includes the 1TB SSHD and the Elite controller. It's more of a deal than the Halo 5 bundle at the same price imo.

I never said it had the elite controller. In the Xbox support forums if you have the 1tb drive it seems to be called an elite console model rightfully or wrongfully so. There had been some bugs (kinect sending twice the ir blaster commands to the hdmi box) that only happen on the systems with the 1tb drive. Yeah, horrible naming conventions there that I think is mostly wrong.

Any X1's with Kinect?
The only bundle I saw with Kinect was starting November at $399 with 3 games plus an AC game plus another free game from a selection. I hadnt seen that in stock anywhere other than the Microsoft Store online after first seeing it announced. At some point in time it had a free second controller too.

Because taxes and currency rates don't account for the cost of distributing, operating and or marketing in small foreign markets. Consoles are cheap in the US because its one large contiguous market.

I am sure if MS could sell 40-50 million consoles into NZ it would. And I imagine if NZ could support that level of consoles then they would be cheaper to purchase.

Regardless of the potential profit margin a NZ console offers per unit, its nothing compared to the overall profit potential offered by the US market.
please read my post
but Im not sure you realize but ppl outside the US typically pay more for software (including digital) this is after taxes/currency rates are adjusted for.
In simple terms I will state a fact
FACT: A software sale in NZ brings more profit than the same software sale in the US
I dont know if you're aware (obviously you're not) but some ppl here have xbox live accounts in the US so they can buy digital stuff there due to it being a lot cheaper (even factoring in the taxes/currency)

PS4 is the BF winner at Best Buy
CU7EW0gWsAAZ4zW.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/670689295716458496

Completely unrelated to BF but i am curious to see how Uncharted 4 charts sales wise, especially after all these Uncharted bundles being sold out. Maybe that was one of the main reasons Sony made this the BF bundle deal and not other bundles.

- great game for those who did not own PS3 [and it looks large gaming % of US is switching to Sony this gen]
- great promotion for upcoming big PS4 game
- "free" way that Sony can infuse value into their cheapest SKU

Next year is going to be (even) more problematic for Microsoft's Xbox One system. The onslaught of Sony's flagship titles and PSVR pending release seems like an uphill battle for MS, especially in the territories some deemed theirs. If MS can't capture the PR battle win for December's NPD, then yes, next year will be tough (super tough).

Next year is going to be (even) more problematic for Microsoft's Xbox One system. The onslaught of Sony's flagship titles and PSVR pending release seems like an uphill battle for MS, especially in the territories some deemed theirs. If MS can't capture the PR battle win for December's NPD, then yes, next year will be tough (super tough).

All MS needs to do is launch Hololens to combat PSVR.

All MS needs to do is launch Hololens to combat PSVR.

At a premium price? From my understanding, the Hololens BOM is fairly high... and would Microsoft run the risk of release amongst a smaller user-base? Better yet, where are all the games and developers support? I really don't see any of that happening within a years timespan...

Or was this a joke post that went totally over my head? :oops:

At a premium price? From my understanding, the Hololens BOM is fairly high... and would Microsoft run the risk of release amongst a smaller user-base? Better yet, where are all the games and developers support? I really don't see any of that happening within a years timespan...

Or was this a joke post that went totally over my head? :oops:

I'm saying Hololens will be as relevant in 2016 as PSVR. IE: Not at all relevant.

I'm saying Hololens will be as relevant in 2016 as PSVR. IE: Not at all relevant.

I guess we can agree to disagree...

I think Sony has a hit on their hands. And personally, I hated VR devices because of the lack of support, games and the companies half-assing the virtues of wanting one (needing one). I just don't get that vibe from Sony...

I guess we can agree to disagree...

I think Sony has a hit on their hands. And personally, I hated VR devices because of the lack of support, games and the companies half-assing the virtues of wanting one (needing one). I just don't get that vibe from Sony...

I just don't see 2016 being the year for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back