All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on my PS4 all weekend, but a friend of mine said it was hit and miss on Friday. But I also saw people on my friends list playing all day, so it seems to vary.

I had troubles logging into the app on my phone on Friday sometimes, but I've had no issues logging in on Saturday or today so I'm assuming things have been restored since then, at least on my end.

Last edited:
Good job Nintendo. Their servers held the oncoming rush of dozens of new users. :)
There are dozens of us! Dozens!!! :LOL:

I'm not even sure what online functionality the wiiu provides, I'm happy as long as Super Smash still works.

Did I say that? I said I had no problems. Did you have issues on your PS4 this weekend?

You said PSN is fine in NA. A very definitive statement. You didn't say "PSN is fine for me."

The influx of new users - a positive. PSN being beat to shit because of it - a negative. Funny thing is that you can gauge (partially) Sony's success during Black Friday based off PSN getting an ass beating. Somewhere, deep down, Microsoft’s wants that beating as well... if not more. lol

Last edited:
Amazon just updated their monthly numbers for November:

1. Fallout 4 (PS4)
3. Fallout 4 (XB1)
4. Black Ops III (XB1)

5. Nathan Drake Collection (physical copy) PS4 bundle (was 97 earlier today)
7. Black Ops III (PS4)
13. Battlefront DE (PS4)

14. Battlefront (XB1)
15. Battlefront PS4 bundle (standard)
16. Battlefront (PS4)

17. Battlefront DE (XB1)
19. Gears of War XB1 bundle
21. Halo 5

22. Black Ops III PS4 bundle
23. Madden 16 (PS4)
24. Nathan Drake Collection (digital copy) PS4 bundle

27. Fallout 4 XB1 bundle
28. Madden 16 (XB1)

29. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4)
31. Battlefront LE PS4 bundle

37. Minecraft (XB1)
43. Bloodborne
49. Holiday XB1 bundle
53. Rise of the Tomb Raider (ouch)

57. Nathan Drake Collection
60. MGSV (PS4)
65. NBA 2K16 (PS4)

67. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (XB1)
69. GTAV (PS4)
70. NBA 2K16 (XB1)
71. FIFA 16 (PS4)
74. Minecraft Story Mode (XB1)
76. Just Dance 2016 (XB1)

78. Minecraft (PS4)
80. Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
81. Arkham Knight (PS4)

85. Lego Dimensions (XB1)
93. NFS (PS4)
96. Forza 6
100. LBP 3

The Nathan Drake Collection in its second month sold almost as much as RotTR, at least at Amazon. That's really bad, especially considering the best selling PS4 bundle was the NDC bundle. Yes there's also a Tomb Raider XB1 bundle, but clearly it's not selling well either.

Last edited:
Here, I've separated hardware to a standalone list

5. Nathan Drake Collection (physical copy) PS4 bundle
15. Battlefront PS4 bundle (standard)
19. Gears of War XB1 bundle
22. Black Ops III PS4 bundle
27. Fallout 4 XB1 bundle
24. Nathan Drake Collection (digital copy) PS4 bundle
31. Battlefront LE PS4 bundle

49. Holiday XB1 bundle

Yup, it looks like PS4 is taking a victory this month, and possibly a substantial one. But on the other hand, I don't know of other retailers offered physical Uncharted disc bundle, or did amazon offer in-store vaucer cards for Xbone purchases, so sales could be different for each retailer.

Bit ironic that RotTR was the supposed UC4 killer - or at least main competitor - and instead it seems to be getting a spanking from the old UC remastered collection. While UC4 has next year all to itself.

Bit ironic that RotTR was the supposed UC4 killer - or at least main competitor - and instead it seems to be getting a spanking from the old UC remastered collection. While UC4 has next year all to itself.
It's also setting UC4's sales up nicely assuming everyone buying UCRemastered will want to finish the series. UCRemastered may have been a bit of a masterstroke.

It also did not hurt that everybody praised Bluepoint's work on it. It got hailed as one of the best remasters ever, so even fans of originals were wiliing to get the game [and console bundle if they did not buy it by now].

I also think Uncharted bundle is easier [or "safer"] to gift away [to kids] than Xbone's Fallout or Gears bundle. Those games are probably viewed as more adult and gritty, while Uncharted is summer blockbuster fun.

Yeah, smart move by Sony to make the NDC bundle the star of BF. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 4 outsells Halo 5 in the US, when I would say you're crazy if you said that a month ago.

I also think they reduced the price of the console at the right time. It gave them boost in October [they lost NPD month against Halo5, but not by much], then fever rose with the arrival of Battlefront whose bundles pre-sold very well [what a great PR that game got], and then additional 3-day pricedrop for BF. They chained a lot of good decisions one after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back