News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to speculate on old/news specs anymore, the hardware tomorrow will be revealed and finally (thanks to God) we'll start another thread discussing on the real thing

VGleaks and DF specs are real; they were just not officially revealed by MS.

VGleaks and DF specs are real; they were just not officially revealed by MS.

maybe yes and maybe not, but 100% surely you can't know

and what's if you're wrong on you confidence (based on old documents)
unless you work for AMD, or Microsoft you should have no confidence at all with those absolute claims, you've just read some rumors, but you don't know nothing about what's happening. so those statement are funny, seems like you wanna that way, than you actually know that way. and you can't.

unless you work for AMD, or Microsoft you should have no confidence at all with those absolute claims, you've just read some rumors, but you don't know nothing about what's happening. so those statement are funny, seems like you wanna that way, than you actually know that way. and you can't.

I hope you're correct , because if all this military type protection for their secrets and no info at all is for those specs and some services ... :???:

There might be no spec reveals whatsoever...

Then we'll know everything ;)

There might be no spec reveals whatsoever...

I'm not talking about the reveal event, but one hour after the show Major Nelson will take an hour Q/A session with gamers, going in the details.

If Microsoft will give no details on hardware, 100% surely someone will ask to him

Arguments form ignorance interest me not.
We know DF and VGleaks have their sources, verified ones, and the documents come form MS itself.
This is what we know and this is what sensible users here have been discussing about on this board.

I stick to what DF and VGleaks gave us because it's million times better than rumors such as "I know a guy, that knows a guy that saw Bill Gates in a dream and he told him that Xbox has 6 APU, 3 GPU and wings. If Bill Gates said so then it must be true and there's no better source than him."

Last edited by a moderator:
Arguments form ignorance interest me not.
We know DF and VGlaks had their sources, verified ones, and the documents come form MS itself.
This is hat we know and this is what sensible users here have been discussion about on this board.

I stick to what DF and VGleaks gave us because it's million times better than "I know a guy, that knows a guy that saw Bill Gates in a dream and he told him that Xbox has 6 APU, 3 GPU and wings"

the source of VGleaks is Dylan, if you don't know, or where you think cames from the internal docs? from a developer under NDA?

anyway what you belive or not will not make something happens, you WANT to believe something, others will believe what they want to.
you do your business, and others will do the same.

but absolute claims are anything but not smart, to be nice, when they came from someone that have not any info, even if he acts as he have, friend.

but absolute claims are anything but not smart, to be nice, when they came from someone that have not any info, even if he acts as he have, friend.

Im afraid you're the one claiming things without any info...

Richard Leadbetter has seen and verified as genuine, with his own eyes, at least one of the Xbox ATG whitepapers vgleaks has been copy and pasting from.

Please go email him if you want to hear him tell you that himself.
In other news, Eurogamer has an article up summing up most of the credible rumours to date:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-17-the-next-xbox-everything-we-know-so-far

I must say, if the subscription really is $299 plus $10 a month for 2 years ($539 total) then its a pretty good deal actually (compared to paying $499 outright that is, if not exactly good value for the hw you'll be getting)
As it'd usually cost me at least $40 a year for Xbox Live, so paying $40 for two years isn't bad.
Not to mention the effects of 3% inflation a year making an initial outlay of $299 somewhat preferable to $499.

You're the one without any info, friend...

Richard Leadbetter has seen, with his own eyes, at least one of the Xbox ATG whitepapers vgleaks has been copy and pasting from.

Please go email him if you want to hear him say that yourself.
In other news, Eurogamer has an article up summing up most of the credible rumours to date:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-17-the-next-xbox-everything-we-know-so-far

I must say, if the subscription really is $299 plus $10 a month for 2 years ($539 total) then its a pretty good deal actually (compared to paying $499 outright that is, if not exactly good value for the hw you'll be getting)
As it'd usually cost me at least $40 a year for Xbox Live, so paying $40 for two years isn't bad.
Not to mention the effects of 3% inflation a year making an initial outlay of $299 somewhat preferable to $499.

Didn't Thurrott correct himself about the subscription model? $15 a month not $10?

but really we know how long it takes to start from scratch when developing an APU?
from what I know when the project is complete they makes three try on silicon to estimate the possible yields, each try takes ~3-4 months so maybe you're out of track with 1 year

but what if some apu's are developed in parallel work at the same time, then you try on silicon two of them?
one gives a very good yields and another will be more costly to produce, then you came to choose, you'll go with the best specs or with the best specs/$ ratio?

this is a choice based on deep roots, based on future gains from games, from future shrinks and so one

no need to speculate on old/news specs anymore, the hardware tomorrow will be revealed and finally (thanks to God) we'll start another thread discussing on the real thing

We have had vgleaks and others confirm that there information is correct and up to date from the start of this year. You seem to have a serious aversion to believing the vgleaks specs for some reason and I cannot help but think its because you don't want it to be true.

If something changed I'm pretty sure we would be getting information about it, we haven't heard a single updated rumour about possible spec upgrades from any credible source yet this multiple APU stuff continues. It probably wouldn't be the greatest idea to try and take all your prototypes upto the stage where your mass producing them for devkits (which have already gone out with near final silicon)

you would be spreading your engineering team thin if you did, you'd be better off going with the one which you think is best from the start and making the best APU you possibly can, it does not bode well to be a reactionary company and only make decisions based on other peoples moves. Microsoft has clear goals and theres no reason for them to chuck it all away because some people have decided there console isn't powerful enough.

Hmm not sure, I do remember that I didn't initially think the subscription model was a good option - maybe because it was $15 rather than $10 a month.

If its $15 that's a ripoff, $160 more than buying it outright.

I'd think MS would be better off going with the $10 subscription so a lot of people take it up - their real plan for the sub might be to make money when the subscription expires in 2 years and the Live membership autorenewal bills the credit card associated with the console for another year of Live at full price, since they'd know most people wouldn't realise or bother to turn off the autorenewal.

The bloody thing even got me once; the only reason I didn't pay was because I had lost my credit card in the interim so it had been cancelled and didn't work. Though that only caused them to ban me from Live and when I tried calling up to renew my membership using a (much cheaper) prepaid card, they refused to unban me until I paid the full amount originally billed. I only got them to accept the prepaid card after kicking up a fuss.

Hmm not sure, I do remember that I didn't initially think the subscription model was a good option - maybe because it was $15 rather than $10 a month.

If its $15 that's a ripoff, $160 more than buying it outright.

I'd think MS would be better off going with the $10 subscription so a lot of people take it up - their real plan for the sub might be to make money when the subscription expires in 2 years and the Live membership autorenewal bills the credit card associated with the console for another year of Live at full price, since they'd know most people wouldn't realise or bother to turn off the autorenewal (the bloody thing got me once and I the only reason I didn't pay was because I had lost my credit card in the interim so it had been cancelled and didn't work; though that only caused them to ban me from Live and when I tried calling up to renew my membership using a much cheaper prepaid card, they refused to unban me until I paid the full amount originally billed, and only got them to accept the prepaid card after much complaining)

As I understand it, it is $15 now for the subsidised 360. The difference now is said to be that the $15 will be for a family gold sub rather than per gamer tag.

We have had vgleaks and others confirm that there information is correct and up to date from the start of this year. You seem to have a serious aversion to believing the vgleaks specs for some reason and I cannot help but think its because you don't want it to be true.

If something changed I'm pretty sure we would be getting information about it, we haven't heard a single updated rumour about possible spec upgrades from any credible source yet

in reality I'sure about nothing and what I continue to say is to wait the 21 before claim anything. but you, interference and Cjail are obsessed repeating that xbox is 1.2 GF and inferior to PS4.

who seems fair, who seems unfair?

blizzard and ubisoft are not credible source for you, but you two want to make people think that you both know things for sure.

Yeah, you're more credible than blizzard and ubisoft employers when talking of internal informations. Sure.

Excuse me Xenio, but your posts in this particular thread epitomize your brand of nonsensical claims which you go to great lengths to pointlessly defend.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1734215

interfernce if you uses to act with personal attack, I will act same way. you're advised for the last time, and this thread will not end well.
note for moderators. this is the last provocation I get, after that we'll enjoy the war you want so much

in reality I'sure about nothing and what I continue to say is to wait the 21 before claim anything. but you, interference and Cjail are obsessed repeating that xbox is 1.2 GF and inferior to PS4.

who seems fair, who seems unfair?

blizzard and ubisoft are not credible source for you, but you two want to make people think that you both know things for sure.

Yeah, you're more credible than blizzard and ubisoft employers when talking of internal informations. Sure.

The problem with the sources from blizzard (I've never seen the ubisoft one, can you link to both blizzard and ubisoft to refresh my memory) source is that the person who was making the claims was a artists, someone who under the incredibly strict NDA place upon these machines would never actually see or interact with it any substantial way.

Can we please stop talking about people and desires for rumours to be true/false? It's old an repetitious now. The bigger man will be the one who walks away and let's the other guy have the last (pointless, waste of time) word on the matter.

As for the rumours, EDGE had the 8 GBs notion a week before reveal. It would be remarkable for MS to unveil something contradictory to what has already been leaked without anyone beating them to the punch, even by just a day. Tomorrow is either going to be momentous in it's defiance of all sane reason, or momentous in its lack of anything interesting. Either way, pretty sure I'll be playing games when it breaks. ;) Have a projector and GT5 and a steering wheel to assemble together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back