[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Don't understand why microsoft themselves dont rent out dedicated server like 800msp for a 5~10 vs 5~10 per month i would do it.

don't give them these ideas :p
Dedicated servers should be free ,especially on xbox where you are paying for online gaming.:cry:

If cod is ever a 30fps game on consoles then the potential should be right up there with the top tier exclusives. Hope the ps3 version fairs better this time.

LOL

COD's main attraction to the multiplayer crowd is that it's the only 60fps online shooter, that's a large enough potential already IMHO. So why would they sacrifice that if no 30fps shooter can even dream of competing with them?

LOL

COD's main attraction to the multiplayer crowd is that it's the only 60fps online shooter, that's a large enough potential already IMHO. So why would they sacrifice that if no 30fps shooter can even dream of competing with them?

Bungie will (eventually) bring a 30 FPS challenger to test out that theory.

Bungie will (eventually) bring a 30 FPS challenger to test out that theory.
Truth be told,if game(Reach for example) doesn't have better visuals while running at 30fps in comparison to that of 60fps,than I don't know whats the point of those 30fps(and less in alot of cases)?

I thought it looked great for a CoD title.

Looks good graphically just like IW CODs do, much better than the amateurish attempts of Treyarch to make their games look good. IW 's aesthetics are way beyond Treyarch's.

Man you guys are harsh. :???:

Truth be told,if game(Reach for example) doesn't have better visuals while running at 30fps in comparison to that of 60fps,than I don't know whats the point of those 30fps(and less in alot of cases)?

I think that has more to do with art than anything else. It wouldn't be surprising if a game set in the real world was more appealing than a game based on science fiction and space drama.

Yea,thats what I'm saying.In eyes of regular Joe,MW3 will probably look just as good as the best looking console shooters.Part of that goes to great artstyle,part of it goes to high quality assets and character models that IW nails and part of that goes solely for the fact that there is always lots of action.Scripted or not,people love falling skyscrapers,nuke bombs and scuba diving in NYs underground train stations and that adds alot to general visual experience.60 fps comes like icing on the cake...

On Treyarch thing...I thought those guys are just a bit inconsistent and thats part of the problem.Some parts of Black Ops to me looked pretty fantastic,like Hue City(oh that fire,so good),Yamatau mountain and Jungle.Alot of parts weren't up to it though.

Can't wait for the ending..."Soap,we won.America won.",than camera slowly focuses on U.S marine eating hamburger and holding the flag :cool:

For anyone wondering about performance here is the word from IWs Robert Bowling...
Robert Bowling
@Evil_Paladin We don't have lead
platforms, we develop each version alongside each other. Xbox 360 is running at same as PS3.

That's pretty much what every dev. says. There's only a few who speak openly about differences.

I do have more faith in IW than Treyarch though.

Why is everyone thinking MW2 performed the same on PS3 while Black Ops didn't?MW2 had more 60fps points on both consoles,which resulted in a bit closer parity,but interesting thing is that when action gets hectic PS3 version is usually 10fps slower,same like in Black Ops.

In the end its hard for them to be completely equal.One console might get easier with alphas heavy situation(like Grandmaster said) for example,so in those situation they can't get it up completely on the level.Its hard to expect exact parity.

Why is everyone thinking MW2 performed the same on PS3 while Black Ops didn't?MW2 had more 60fps points on both consoles,which resulted in a bit closer parity,but interesting thing is that when action gets hectic PS3 version is usually 10fps slower,same like in Black Ops.

In the end its hard for them to be completely equal.One console might get easier with alphas heavy situation(like Grandmaster said) for example,so in those situation they can't get it up completely on the level.Its hard to expect exact parity.

The framerate gap may be roughly similar, but MW2 is doing it without any tearing and at a higher resolution.

The framerate gap may be roughly similar, but MW2 is doing it without any tearing and at a higher resolution.

Exactly. Everyone understimate the fact which BLOPS (transparancies a part) use almost the same setting on the ps3 compared to 360. MW 2 has worse AF filter, light & bloom cut compared to 360 & same fps of BLOPS on the ps3. I think the real thing terrible on the ps3 are the transparancies in the long distance, the flames are a pixelatted mess... I mean, probably a different & smart/'artistically' draw of the low buffer, could to have help a lot here...

IW definitely always delivers top notch character and weapon modes.
cNKO6.jpg

You are right,they definitely where great,but I wasn't fan of their weapon models.Think they lacked in that field.But I'm digging these kind of weapons ;)
yFKPu.jpg

Back