Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II [PS, XB, PC]

It might have been a big engine overhaul but it's still a cross-gen title. They just can't stop themselves from wanting to cash in on the huge player-base stuck on last-gen, where PS4 gamers simply can't get a PS5.

Same thing with Warzone 2.

Will this be on gamepass?
I am a very occasional COD players and it's only ever the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare trilogy campaigns, but I'd definitely give this a go if Microsoft are going to include it in GamePass. :yes:

I have my doubts it will be on game pass. The acquisition is not yet complete and there could be additional items there that may keep it from being on the service.

This looks better than the previous trailer. Not ground breaking but better than previous entries.

It doesn’t look any better that the last few games to me. Nothing next gen in those trailers art, geometry or lighting wise.

I have my doubts it will be on game pass. The acquisition is not yet complete and there could be additional items there that may keep it from being on the service.
I was listening to some gaming podcast and one journalist stated basically this. Don’t count on it being on gamepass

Anyone playing this? My aging 6700k is very CPU limited despite usage typically hovering between 50-60%. None of the settings have any appreciable effect on it either. Frametimes are surprisingly very consistent and no stuttering which helps a lot.

Just finished campaign (I dont bother with multiplayer), have to say one of better cods last years. Nothing we didnt see in past but realy enjoyed: good pace, good variaty of missions, few charismatics characters from past and just good fun. Only disappointing is graphics which I cant say moved up since 2019 edition, 8/10 for me.

Last edited:
Just finished campaign (I dont bother with multiplayer), have to say one of better cods last years. Nothing we didnt see in past but realy enjoyed: good pace, good variaty of missions, few charismatics characters from past and just good fun. Only disappointing is graphics which I cant say moved up since 2019 edition, 8/10 for me.
I started the campaign yesterday, and the graphics are so realistic that it's one of the most impressive games I've seen to date, and I've seen so many.

I started the campaign yesterday, and the graphics are so realistic that it's one of the most impressive games I've seen to date, and I've seen so many.

I was much more imoressed with 2019 mw tough still good looking game (I dont understanw buzz with Amsterdam mission, dof was so broken there I turned it off to the rest of the game :d)

Playing both sp and mp on XSX. So far love it. Sp is good I am to early to say if it’s better or worse than 2019, which was excellent imo. Graphics are great as in 2019, attention to details, animation, sound atmosphere. Just great. Mp is where the game does the trick for me. I wasn’t a fan of Cold War and skipped vanaguard but this is as fun as 2019 was. 120 fps feels super smooth and even playing on controller I see difference in my reaction time/aiming and get better scores. I always get huge value from cod games as I am mp junkie. So 10 from me.

This is the first COD I've played since Black Ops 3. The sound design/execution and gun modeling/animations are the best I have ever seen in a video game. All other developers should study what was done here in those areas. It feels awesome just firing any of the guns. I haven't played the campaign and probably wont anytime soon but MP is fun. It would be great if they could improve the threading to utilize more of the CPU.

Dear lord
I also don't get it. The franchise is consistently a high seller and yet every release seems to have endless complaints about the multiplayer, maps, cheating and MTX.

It feels like gamer Stockholm syndrome.

This is the first COD I've played since Black Ops 3. The sound design/execution and gun modeling/animations are the best I have ever seen in a video game. All other developers should study what was done here in those areas. It feels awesome just firing any of the guns. I haven't played the campaign and probably wont anytime soon but MP is fun. It would be great if they could improve the threading to utilize more of the CPU.
hmmmm, please, if you can/want, play the first two minutes of the campaign. Give it a try. The lighting is so jaw dropping, I thought I was playing real life rather than a game.

Back