Formula 1 - 2010 Season

The cars are far too "sturdy" even under full damage apparently, as in, they don't break easily enough

I hear that you have race engineer speak to you during races... :idea:

hmm... I wonder if they have Rob Smedley's "Alonso is faster than you. Can you confirm you understand this message?" when playing as Massa in the game... :devilish:

"Felipe, baby: Alonso. Is faster. Than. You." :D

I am looking forward to the game

Prince of Persia. 10/10. The best unintentional action spoof movie I have seen in some time. Poor Jake was the only one trying hard in the movie. The rest clearly knew what the outcome was going to be like.

Anybody already played the F1 game btw? I think its pretty sweet.

I did few laps yesterday, first findings:
- Despite the fact it's been probably 10+ years since I had a wheel+pedals last time, "medium difficulty" is ridicilously easy - I did one solid qualifying lap on Lotus and ended up on pole position. Seriously wtf? (Bahrain)
- Using the camera view "above the helmet" makes the game even more easy, there's no way one could make any mistakes from that view

So I suppose it's expert difficulty today and hoping there's challenge this time, so I'll qualify around where I should with Lotus

My copy only just got dispatched yesterday, so I'm hoping to receive my copy by mid next week. Thanks for the impressions, really looking forward to this one.

Kaotik: I assume you are refering to the AI difficulty. Pole in a Lotus doesn't quite sound right. I'm really hoping for a realistic game in that sense, with the new teams usually going out in Q1 with the one or two exceptions in Q2.

Anyway, P1 is underway in Singapore (wet/drying track, after some rain before the session) and I'm looking forward to the results.

I'm especially interested to find out, how

- the McLaren behaves on this track and if they have improved their downforce levels
- the RedBull performs after the regulations have been changed
- Heidfeld performs relative to Kobayashi
- Alonso/Ferrari perform and if Massa's doing anything suspicious like checking the track for convinient places to crash into... :devilish:

I had the same thing, the first race is very easy. But is you turn the driver aids off it gets harder in the following races. I got the idea that the more races you do, the better the AI gets. I also had it easy in the first race but I'm at the 4th race now and I'm struggeling to meet the Quali expectations. That is on experienced with only ABS on and playing with the 360 controller.

Btw, something I didn't notice in the options menu first is that you can actually scroll down and also turn on things like tyre simulation which initially are turned off.

As for the racing, the controlling of the car doesn't seem to be that hard. There is enough grip most of the time assuming you are on the right tyres with the right level of downforce. For me the biggest problem is the accelerating out of slow corners. That is where I have the most trouble and spin. Spinning sucks btw because you can't just give full throttle to turn you in de right direction again so it takes a lot more time than it should. Though maybe it is possible if you have manual shifting but as I never managed to get anywhere decent at shifting manual in any game I'm not even going to bother to try.

I had the same thing, the first race is very easy. But is you turn the driver aids off it gets harder in the following races. I got the idea that the more races you do, the better the AI gets. I also had it easy in the first race but I'm at the 4th race now and I'm struggeling to meet the Quali expectations. That is on experienced with only ABS on and playing with the 360 controller.
Only driver aids I'm using IIRC is the "braking line"
Btw, something I didn't notice in the options menu first is that you can actually scroll down and also turn on things like tyre simulation which initially are turned off.
Say what now? I have to check that :D
[

There's a problem with tyres puncturing at highly abrasive tracks. Try Sepang, and push for qualifying. I used all my tyres up and had only wets and inters left for practice. :/

I get the feeling the game is a fail when it comes to anything but the racing. For example I keep hearing my engineer tell me that I should take a look at my teammates setup as he is faster. But when I come in the pits there is no way to actually see his setup! Also it seems to quick setup is a general setup and not track specific. Now I might be wrong but I just get that feeling. Also I think its stupid your engineer doesn't give you any info on what might be a good setup for a track. Basically you'd think full dry for a dry track is fastest but I get the feeling this is not the case. Anyway the game doesn't give any info at all on what might be good or not which is just plain retarded in a F1 game.

Also the whole rule system is crazy. I think i'm gonna turn it off because you always get fucked. AI breaks way to early? penalty for you. AI crashes in to back of you? You get a penalty for blocking. Have to return to track by actually driving backwards because you can't do spins? You get a penalty. You don't get penalty's because you really drive bad but because the game doesn't give you any other option.

Yeah, they have to go over it some. Also, driving with keyboard (hey, don't kill me) is what I think is the issue with my punctures. Since my throttle is digital, I can't feed it so I am just on or off and nothing in between and that kills my tyres and I spin and whatever.

Quali was a thriller. It was so close, Vettel couldn't nail the lap and Alonso is on pole. A fantastic session proves how good this quali format is. Disaster for Massa, stopping out on track in Q1.

Top five is the top five in the championship, in this order: Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Webber.

Amazing. Go Fernando! Go Alonso!

Yeah really enjoyed the quali and awesome starting grid. I hope Webber can pull something out, but Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton, those three are really hot headed so they'll probably take each other out given the opportunity.

Back