Formula 1 - 2010 Season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFAAD_ZP1TU

Hamilton was never (before the corner) full car length ahead

Care to explain what you're trying to prove he wasn't a car length ahead with an in-car view from Hamiltons car?

Hint: Check Webber's in-car view.
33s_edit.jpg

Video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmcO9qLSkc (if it's still available)

Care to explain what you're trying to prove he wasn't a car length ahead with an in-car view from Hamiltons car?

Hint: Check Webber's in-car view.

Video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmcO9qLSkc (if it's still available)

What is that picture supposed to be showing? All you can see is Hamilton's front left tire. He was never a full length in front, the higher angle shots show that pretty clearly. The car camera views are nearly useless because they have such a narrow field of view.

/me expects a darksiders review

From me? :p Well, in short, pretty F'ing awsome I think. I generally don't play games like this. The last time I played a hack 'n slash typ of game was DMC4 and that got me bored in 5 minutes but Darksiders is really sweet. Turn up the volume untill everything in your room vibrates and you're in for a blast. Atleast that is my impression after 3 hours or so.

Might be but I like it so I guess that is all that matters for me. Mabye its like Fragile on Wii and contact on DS. Both of those games didn't got great reviews but I really enjoyed both games. Much more than I did enjoy some other games that according to the reviews where really good.

Please bear in mind that this is the real F1 2010 thread. If we wish to discuss the game in-depth then there are better forums for it.

If you look the video further, it shows the incident outside either ones car.

The 3rd person view replay unfortunately doesn't cover the bit where Hamilton passes both Webber and the Virgins car. Given his speed differential and the in-car view from Webbers camera one can see that Hamilton was well clear of Webbers car. If that was by quarter car length, half a car length or a full length isn't really relevant.

Had Hamilton shut the door on Webber, they probably wouldn't have crashed (unless Webber had rear-ended him), although one might assume Webber would have attempted to outbreak Hamilton on the racing line then. He didn't though and assumed having track position, being on the racing line and on fresher tyres would be enough to intimidate Webber into conceding the position.

As I already said, I'm not arguing that Webber should have been penalised, but I do think he was especially lucky to get away without damage. In fact, if one made a Kamikaze move as you put it, it certainly wasn't Hamilton.

he had speed but no track position, that makes the speed he had pretty irrelevent, if it was relevent he would have overtaken him and there wouldn't have been contact. Remeber not only did mark hold his line he also moved to the left up onto the curb. Hamo wasn't far enough ahead to overtake given his track position.

If he had taken the corner wider and there was no contact then it would have been very interesting down the next straight.

Come on, it was just a racing incident. Too bad Hamilton's car broke, or it would have been even more close in the top.

Suzuka is going to be so awesome, the best track on the calendar couldn't be raced at a better time with the current contention in the top of the championship.

I predict the Bulls will have an advantage in the first 7 corners, Ferrari and McLaren on the straights.

Cheers

Some believe that the race for WDC could be decided upon engine usage. As it stands, Alonso has already used up all his engines for the engine. Using a 9th engine incurs a 10 place grid penality.

This is the engine usage up to and including the Italian GP:

Mark Webber / Red Bull-Renault 6
Lewis Hamilton / McLaren-Mercedes 7
Fernando Alonso / Ferrari 8
Jenson Button / McLaren-Mercedes 7
Sebastian Vettel / Red Bull-Renault 7
Felipe Massa / Ferrari 8
Nico Rosberg / Mercedes GP 7
Robert Kubica / Renault 6
Michael Schumacher / Mercedes GP 7
Adrian Sutil / Force India-Mercedes 7
Rubens Barrichello / Williams-Cosworth 6
Kamui Kobayashi / Sauber-Ferrari 7
Vitaly Petrov / Renault 6
Nico Hülkenberg / Williams-Cosworth 7
Vitantonio Liuzzi / Force India-Mercedes 7
Sébastien Buemi / Toro Rosso-Ferrari 7
Jaime Alguersuari / Toro Rosso-Ferrari 7
Heikki Kovalainen / Lotus-Cosworth 7
Lucas di Grassi / Virgin-Cosworth 7
Jarno Trulli / Lotus-Cosworth 7
Timo Glock / Virgin-Cosworth 7
Bruno Senna / Hispania-Cosworth 7
Sakon Yamamoto / Hispania-Cosworth 7
Nick Heidfeld / Sauber-Ferrari 9

AFAIK Alonso used the same engine from Monza (?) at the Singaporian GP which was used for the 3rd and final time. The engine will now only be used for practice sessions. For the remaining 4 races, they have two used enginens that have already been used once, so that they are used for a total of 3 races.

This could be quite interesting.

First Seb crashes into Button and now Mark crashes into Hamilton, though Lewis seems to be less lucky in these sort of incidents than Jenson :)

Mind you the RedBulls crash into themselves as well!

First Seb crashes into Button and now Mark crashes into Hamilton, though Lewis seems to be less lucky in these sort of incidents than Jenson :)

Though Button had nothing to do with Vettel crashing into him, while Webber/Hamilton was Hamiltons fault (more than Webbers)

I hope Ferrari can manage their engines. I hope that they can so so so much.

Back