Formula 1 - 2010 Season

I actually think Button's best bet would have been to pit like Vettel on the last lap..

I was trying to figure out if Red Bull's pit box was before the start-finish line or not; I was half expecting them to actually pit on the very last lap, crossing the finish line in the pit... ;)

Hehe though I'm sure there are rules that tell that you have to do atleast 1 full lap on each tyre.

Correct :smile:

Otherwise half of the teams (pit boxes after finish line) would do exactly that and pit on the last lap.

Anyway very good race from most of the drivers. Button drove really well basicaly fending faster Alonso evry lap till pit-stop. Same goes for Alonso with added dificulty of downforce loss due to dirty air and extra pressure to pass in front of Italian fans.

I bet the super-soft and the medium could have been used successfully at Monza instead of soft and hard.

So Kimi Räikkönen is not completely done with F1 after all (maybe)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86688

And Sauber has confirmed Heidfeld for the last five races
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86691

DlR didn't set the world aflame when he came back to racing. I wonder if this was a mutual decision or if DlR was removed kicking and screaming (I personally think it was a combination, he didn't want to go but he realised he had to do it for the good of the team)

Just preordered the F1 2010 game by Codemasters on PS3 btw. :)

I hope it's as good as it looks. Shame that it doesn't seem to have any safety/medical car phases built into the game, but apart from that, it should (hopefully) deliever quite an authentic experience.

It's got dynamic weather too, though it seems to be a 30fps title. Anyone else preorder as well?

Because I follow the teachings of the Gaming Gods I already have an f1 2010 mod along with every season from 1994 onwards

Yeah but at some point in time its nice to have something that isnt based on a ancient engine.

Will the game have crash damage btw? As in total distruction if you have a 200+kph crash. Btw, did you guys notice that on the BBC Monza preview Jake, Hamilton and his brother had a race with I think the x360 version of this game?

Btw I hope the pc version won't be locked at 30fps or whatever. Anyway, just a week untill release I think?

Yeah but at some point in time its nice to have something that isnt based on a ancient engine.

Will the game have crash damage btw? As in total distruction if you have a 200+kph crash. Btw, did you guys notice that on the BBC Monza preview Jake, Hamilton and his brother had a race with I think the x360 version of this game?

Btw I hope the pc version won't be locked at 30fps or whatever. Anyway, just a week untill release I think?

Yessss... and this is the reason why it popped up on my radar. :smile:
The last F1 game I bought was in the year 2000 (by EA on the PS2) which was extremely rubbish. This looks like the real deal to me and previews/reviews seem to be quite positive, regardless which platform. I heard you can't total your car, but there's a complex damage model and the career mode looks to be quite interesting. I have high hopes.

I have high hopes too. I think it looked really good on the little we saw on the BBC, but I think they should have said what the game was because it was a perfect marketing opportunity.

No............
It angers the gaming gods
If you want something modern 2010 mod is available for r-factor and you wont be limited to an incredibly low res like 720p

Shut up, Davros. I want a new engine and a proper, licensed product with high production values.

but is it worth the price of your soul ?
you'll be playing with a pad I assume ? and how you going to hook up a track-ir to it ?

the pope is in the u.k at the mo and he said "turn thy back of propriety gaming hardware or i'll kick yo ass in painkiller deathmatch"

looks like the 2010 game supports dx11 (enabled later in a patch) (blame babelfish for the translation especially "post office effects ")
Like already Colin McRae Dirt 2 sets also F1 2010 on Codemasters' inhouse Renderer, the Ego engine. Owing to the Full floating POINT HDR lighting (FP16) and Ambient Occlusion (environment covering), post office effects such as Motion Blur (Bewegungsunschärfe) as well as clean Shadow and Cube map makes F1 2010 for much ago - above all, if it rains: In the whipping rain Gischt squirts on the visor of our helmet, the car drips for touching genuinly and the tires whirls up water of the distance. The wet lane looks very impressing, the environment is reflected in the wet and on the vehicles.

The rain stops, “drives itself” the distance slowly to drying. If we slip in the gravel bed, stones remain sticking and to loosen at the tires itself while driving. The ground textures are prepared usually knackig sharp and in detail. The sales version works officially with DirectX 9, DirectX 11 is by Patch to be delivered subsequently - nevertheless it is possible on detours to already use DirectX 11. If you set in the “hardware config.xml” in the “own documents” the entry “directx for forcedx9” on “false”, start the unofficial DirectX-11-Modus. This offers a clearly knackigere optics as DX9, but some details are not represented such as indicator monitors. The increase of the Shadow and Cube maps on for example 9.4 GPix (3,072 x 3,072) is likewise possible, the optics improves obviously.

The Gaming Gods appeared to me in a vision and they spoke onto me:

"gather thy disciples of gods own gaming machine from B3D and order unto them to point at phil and laugh heartily upon him for buying a ps3 version and being stuck in the equivalent of dx9"

Pre-ordered it over a week ago on Steam. Now it's available for pre-load - 7.9GB :D

Anthony Davidson (ex. SuperAguri F1 driver) was Codemasters consultant and by listening to his remarks during free practises on BBC Red butt(on) some races ago, I reckon it should be a proper simulation if set to maximum difficulty.
He specifically said tyre simulation will be very accurate as well as changeable weather.
Also you will need to answer question from press after the race (in career mode) and depending on your selections it will affect your ability to get sponsorship and overlay driver/team image!!
Bumping in other drivers can make them bump into your car more frequently as well :). Sort of making 'friends' among your opponents.
Can't wait to race on new Korean track :devilish: as well as all the current venues:!:

Back