[PS3] Killzone 2

So is only the person who started the clan allowed to do invites? Weak.
The one who started the clan can appoint officers & those guys can invite too.
Its pretty neat system imo & almost all game that support ingame clan system dont even go this far...ie. unless invited by the one who made the clan you cannot join it.

Instead of waiting around to see if Ostepop gets back into KZ2 again some day, I'm just going to start a new clan. It's not like it will hurt anything.

The one who started the clan can appoint officers & those guys can invite too.
Its pretty neat system imo & almost all game that support ingame clan system dont even go this far...ie. unless invited by the one who made the clan you cannot join it.

I talked with phil, and said i would give him admin rights, it will wait a day or two until im at my GF's house and can pick up my KZ2 copy.

From our RFOM clan experience, if you can, nail down the meeting time first. May be even a few options. If people are keen enough, they will adjust their schedule to fit.

I talked with phil, and said i would give him admin rights, it will wait a day or two until im at my GF's house and can pick up my KZ2 copy.

I would like to play with you someday (not against for sure) 8). If we could make an effort to meet during the weekend would be great.

It's a shame we can't "film" our gameplay like u2 - there are gameplay moments that I would like to put in video - lot's of fun!

Had one of those games with russo yesterday where you just have to accept that the other members of your team have no clue what they're doing and just have fun racking up the kills. On Helghan industries, I repaired the MG in the ISA base and just went to town on the opposition. You know what's fun? When you're in an MG nest, and you see a sniper creeping along the bridge, and you blast him after he turns invisible. I pretty much dominated the street; you really only saw our guys ever milling around down there.

To tell the truth, what I carry is based entirely on need and map. If there are no medics, I'm a medic. If we're geting pwn3d in our base and need someone to dish out massive doses of death, I will spawn as either Assault w/ grenades or rifleman w/ StA3 LMG. Is no one taking care of those annoying turrets and bots? I'll be assault with ISA rocket launcher. If none of our ammo boxes or MG nests are functional, I spawn as engineer (if there are no medics, either, I'll be a medic w/ repair, since there are usually lots of engineers). If no one's laying down good spawn points, I'll be tactician. If, by some miracle, there's not really a dire need at any position, I'll be saboteur w/ the StA14 rifle, hang back a ways from a high-traffic area, and rack up the kills (need to level up and get C4). If we need some area control, it really depends on the size of the area and if anyone else is even trying to control things (shotgun if I have help and it's a small area, LMG if no help, medic w/ ISA rifle otherwise).

The only class I rarely if ever spawn as is scout, because I'm terrible at sniping. The red scope makes it really hard to see. Who on earth makes a red-tinted scope?

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually play as Medic, Saboteur or Assault. If I play as Scout, I'm touring the battefield.

I am not a great Engineer or Tactician. Keeping up with the surrounding madness already took up all my attention. ^_^

EDIT: So have you settled on a time for KZ2 yet ?

Sorry, i have not been able to get my KZ2 copy and fix the clan thingy before, i got the KZ2 copy now thought, so as soon as i get home i will fix things (i might not be home in another 8-12 hours though.

As a reference to BF: BC 2, I put Killzone 2 back into my PS3 to have a look at the death animations of the foes.

I played a little bit and was attacked by an AI duo..they are running up against my position trying to make my mom cry!
I got a rather good position, with respect to the second guy and start to spray and pray. I hit him deadly...he looses balance, screams and while breaking down he pulls his trigger. Without control, his rifle fires and fires and boom!! hit his comrade right into the head...the poor guy immediatly falls down...dead.
In unbelieve what I just witnessed, I stand up, checked the bodies and thought "cool", the king is back!

Hell yes, that's why in SP, I usually try to fight them up close and personal. My wife thought I was angry and trying to murder people. :)

take this as a rumour

DarkChris90 said: A guy in a german forum just wrote that he was able to play it... I translated the information for you...

Quade said: 2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-styled 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

P.s. You should all mark your calendars for March 13th
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/kz3-to-be-unveiled-this-month/1030500?page=7

take this as a rumour

This line here:
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-styled 3D glasses.

What is an exemplar game ? How can it be shipped with 2 custom 3D glasses if the regular Sony one costs $125 a pair ? I'll buy multiple KZ3 exemplars and eBay the 3D glasses away for profit.

This line here:

What is an exemplar game ? How can it be shipped with 2 custom 3D glasses if the regular Sony one costs $125 a pair ? I'll buy multiple KZ3 exemplars and eBay the 3D glasses away for profit.

Are we talking active shutter glasses or the passive ones like the ones used for cinema showing of Avatar?

Are we talking active shutter glasses or the passive ones like the ones used for cinema showing of Avatar?

Polarized glasses would not be very usable in mosts peoples homes, it could be anaglyph (reg/blue) glasses, but i think this is BS.

Back