[PS3] Killzone 2

I have a lazy eye, which only seems to contribute when the other eye is held shut, I could see a few effects in Avatar (the only one I really noticed was when one of the characters turned round and his gun swung infront of the camera - I sat right near the front as I read in another topic that it's the best place to sit)

I'm guessing active shutter might be better for someone like me?

I would gladly pay a premium for it.

What is an exemplar game ? How can it be shipped with 2 custom 3D glasses if the regular Sony one costs $125 a pair ? I'll buy multiple KZ3 exemplars and eBay the 3D glasses away for profit.

I just read it again and noticed that the article was translated into english.

It's possible that the "2 3D kilzone-styled glasses" could actually be a mistranslation and the original intended to say "a pair of KZ-styled 3D glasses".

That's a guess...

If i'm wrong however, maybe their bundling 2 pairs of glasses could give an indication of co-op play in the sequel?..... :D

... YES PLS!!!!:cool:

If they include glasses they will probably be anaglyph, its a waste of time including anything else because it will depend on the TV which type is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anything been happening? I bought the MGS box set at Wal-Mart and have been playing that for the last couple weeks, so I haven't had any time for the PS3.

This line here:

What is an exemplar game ? How can it be shipped with 2 custom 3D glasses if the regular Sony one costs $125 a pair ? I'll buy multiple KZ3 exemplars and eBay the 3D glasses away for profit.
"Exemplar" is German for specimen, or copy in this case. So they're saying you get the glasses with the game, standard. Hard to believe, I agree.

KZ2's soundtrack is fantastic, Joris de Man did an excellent job creating the epic score needed for this game. Well deserved.

I just finished Killzone 2 today and while the graphics were pretty good (not great in my opinion), I really hated the gameplay (or maybe it was the DS3 controller).

I had a very tough time aiming and for the first time ever in a FPS and had a very bad wrist cramp on my right hand. There were also times when I couldn't shoot from cover, until I switched weapons, for some reason. My game also froze quite a few times to load...sometimes a fairly short distance from the last load.

The lip syncing was pretty terrible in some of the cutscenes, most noticeably with Evelyn on the command ship.

I did buy it used last week and will likely sell it back along with 20GB 360 HDD. I will not likely buy Killzone 3 as I just have a tough time with the DS3 for shooters.

I had a very tough time aiming and for the first time ever in a FPS and had a very bad wrist cramp on my right hand.

That's the accelerated turn many complained about. You may be holding your DS3 too tight. Make sure your control is set to "precision" mode.

There were also times when I couldn't shoot from cover, until I switched weapons, for some reason. My game also froze quite a few times to load...sometimes a fairly short distance from the last load.

The lip syncing was pretty terrible in some of the cutscenes, most noticeably with Evelyn on the command ship.

If this is common across multiple PS3, then a firmware update might have "broken" it.

Have you tried MP ?

That's the accelerated turn many complained about. You may be holding your DS3 too tight. Make sure your control is set to "precision" mode.

If this is common across multiple PS3, then a firmware update might have "broken" it.

Have you tried MP ?

My control was set to precision with alternate 2 controls. I could have been gripping it to tight as I seem to be fighting with the aiming a lot. I did finish it on 2 days, with the longest session today with only a few breaks, so that could be the reason for the cramp, although it has never happened to me before.

The loads were not too bad, as they rarely ever lasted more than 4-5 seconds. Only once, did I think that the game locked up after waiting almost 10 seconds.

I haven't tried MP because I have not updated my PS3. I'm holding out for a XBMC-like media player via CFW. I think I would have a hard time in MP anyway, as I was getting some really bad motion sickness in the final battle with Radek.

There are not too many games that I play MP on although I'm tempted to update to try Uncharted 2 on-line.

I got it at GS on there buy 2 get one free sale. I'm happy with 2 out of 3, so I figure it was a wash anyway. The other game I got was GOW collection.

My control was set to precision with alternate 2 controls. I could have been gripping it to tight as I seem to be fighting with the aiming a lot. I did finish it on 2 days, with the longest session today with only a few breaks, so that could be the reason for the cramp, although it has never happened to me before.

Yeah you can't fight the accelerated turn by holding the DS3 tight.

I haven't tried MP because I have not updated my PS3. I'm holding out for a XBMC-like media player via CFW. I think I would have a hard time in MP anyway, as I was getting some really bad motion sickness in the final battle with Radek.

I remember they made the MP more friendly (It's slightly different from in-game controls although I forgot in what ways).

Radek was really easy on me. I killed him in one try.

I had a little motion sickness at the beginning (The beach level).

There are not too many games that I play MP on although I'm tempted to update to try Uncharted 2 on-line.

U2 co-op is nice. The competitive mode is good too. I had the most fun with pistol only shootout. Don't forget to climb the terrain to maximize your coverage. Unfortunately, I'm more a MAG guy. So I play MAG more often (every weekday !).

It took me close to an hour on Radek alone. My turn speed was kind of slow due to me turning the sensitivity down one notch on the X/Y axis, which I normally do for almost all shooters. I've noticed that it reduces my likelihood for motion sickness quite a bit.

I can't remember what I did exactly. I thought it was rather hectic, I was running around and shooting like a mad man, and suddenly he kicked the bucket. :)

The MP levels are rather different from the in-game ones. Because they need to support 16-32 players, the maps are usually open and huge. If you have time, you should check them out.

All the maps have multiple obscure paths. If you feel that a map is small, try to explore more.

Normal.

I'm referring to only the Radek boss though.

I took about 8 -10 tries to clear the room after the door is locked. Trick was to use flame thrower, and hide near the entrance to take out enemies trying to creep up to the second floor.

My friend got all the way to the end battle, but didnt know how to defeat the boss. Thing is, he isnt a very fond of FPS's and I could see it from his tactics. He never looked behind or turned around when walking.. but the behaviour of the boss was quite clear in a minute if one just listens and turns around :)

So I told him to listen when he teleports behind and turn, at the same time getting away from him and shooting. When boss came close, revolver to the head and .. the end. Thing is when I started playing, most of the game was quite easy, athough I didnt have enough time to finish the game as I was on vacation in Holland. Now I have mega-itch to buy PS3 (with KZ2 and UC1 & UC2.. at least). Atmosphere was amazing and I didnt mind the controller after few minutes. The game literally sucked me in!

The Radek room is also one of the levels you can fool around with the AI once you're familiar with the waves.

When the Helghast troop crept up or stormed up the staircase, you can jump over the railing back to the first floor, and attack them from behind. Helped to save my flame thrower ammo. The AI would path find (which is interesting to see), and the support troop wouldn't fire at you over aggressively to avoid killing their own.

The rocket launcher guys were annoying though.

Back