[PS3] Killzone 2

You expect too much my friend.

Eitherway, a full 720p framebuffer and steady 30fps would be dandy for me :)

I do wish they patched Move controls into the first three games though. I would rebuy for that reason alone

Me too. Would just about be the only reason to buy them for me even, so probably not going to rebuy them. ;) Never played the first though.

Me too. Would just about be the only reason to buy them for me even, so probably not going to rebuy them. ;) Never played the first though.

Mine may be a controversial opinion that others don't agree with, but I found the first to be an excellent game.

I played KZ1 right at the beginning of this gen, before KZ2 was ever shown (the game not the infamous trailer). It was the game that finally killed my phatty PS2. But I adored every minute of it. It was the title that made me understand exactly why Sony chose to invest in Guerilla Games. KZ1 had an amazing SP campagin. Thoroughly enjoyable for me :)

I would rank the campaigns:

KZ1>KZ2>>>KZ3

With KZ1 edging out KZ2 purely on the basis of the quality of the narrative. In terms of pure visceral action and immersiveness, KZ2 wins outright. I have in the past gone on record to state that if KZ2 had KZ3's Rico (and Move controls), KZ2 would be my favourite FPS game of all time.... ever.:cool:

Mine may be a controversial opinion that others don't agree with, but I found the first to be an excellent game.

I played KZ1 right at the beginning of this gen, before KZ2 was ever shown (the game not the infamous trailer). It was the game that finally killed my phatty PS2. But I adored every minute of it. It was the title that made me understand exactly why Sony chose to invest in Guerilla Games. KZ1 had an amazing SP campagin. Thoroughly enjoyable for me :)

I would rank the campaigns:

KZ1>KZ2>>>KZ3

With KZ1 edging out KZ2 purely on the basis of the quality of the narrative. In terms of pure visceral action and immersiveness, KZ2 wins outright. I have in the past gone on record to state that if KZ2 had KZ3's Rico (and Move controls), KZ2 would be my favourite FPS game of all time.... ever.:cool:

I just loved the
final scene on the space station, and the bit in the park where you could use the flak cannons to decimate the helghast, ooh ooh and the sniper section in the shipyard... So many good bits to the original KZ
. It got completely swamped though by people say it was the PS2's Halo killer. Which it wasn't. It was KillZone and had a completely different feel.

I am very much looking forward to the HD makeover, especially if they resist the urge to gloss it up too much.

The original Killzone is definitely a great game. The story is easily the best of the 3, focusing more on the 4 playable characters then the war on the Helghast. I also liked that the guns all had a secondary fire option.

KZ1 was great , yes, but KZ2 was a better shooter.

But one has to marvel at how much atmosphere they had created in KZ1 , on that old ps2. Some levels looked almost as good as RFOM !

KZ1 had a fantastic campaign. It's a shame they dropped that whole style in the following two games for a more COD-influenced direction. It definitely tried to push the PS2 a little bit too hard, though, so an HD remake would be a serious improvement. I wish they would redo textures in these HD remakes, though. Surely they have enough concrete, dirt, and metal textures from KZ2 and 3 to be able to replace most of the textures in KZ1 with minimal work.

Back