[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Is that a leaked video? Username of the person who uploaded it is "Freeweed" :LOL: ! Looks great , for sure ! Is it also calculating a single bounce like CE3 or is it multiple bounces. From the amount of color bleed it seems to be more than one bounce to me.

I remember, when we were students, we would wait for an hour to see Mray render such a scene and then marvel at how cool it looked.When working with UTV, I used to render one frame with GI and then keeping that as a reference, I would place standard lights and recreate the same lighting with standard lights so that it could actually get used in the final film/TVC ! Now, its being done in real-time :D !

I will take destruction over player count, any day. Playing shooters without destruction like Bad Company 2 just feels old and dated now.

That's because you're always in a tank. Destruction isn't so hot when you're trying to hide or need cover.

That's because you're always in a tank. Destruction isn't so hot when you're trying to hide or need cover.

I'm not always in a tank! And that's what makes the game so excited. It's pretty cool when you're in a house, the entire wall explodes in front of you, and you're being stared down by an angry tank. I also love shooting the walls out of buildings with the grenade launcher and rushing in like a storm trooper. Of all things about Battlefield 3, I'm most excited to see the improved destruction. If you can shoot out the ground floor of a building and watch it topple in a realistic manner, I will probably shit my pants.

Well, I agree that would be pretty funny, especially if it was full of enemies. "Destruction 3.0!"

I'm not always in a tank! And that's what makes the game so excited. It's pretty cool when you're in a house, the entire wall explodes in front of you, and you're being stared down by an angry tank. I also love shooting the walls out of buildings with the grenade launcher and rushing in like a storm trooper. Of all things about Battlefield 3, I'm most excited to see the improved destruction. If you can shoot out the ground floor of a building and watch it topple in a realistic manner, I will probably shit my pants.

I heard that they game takes place in some of the big cities like paris new york. So if there is a paris map with eiffel tower in it. Lets just say im gonna rush to it.:devilish:

Destruction could make for some crazy indoor fighting. Think of fighting your way through an office building, knocking out wells, blowing up office equipment, desks, windows, shooting through to the floor below/above. If they have a heavy physics engine to support a lot of debris and papers flying around, it could look pretty wild.

Jets, prone and 64 player multiplayer (PC) are back. I can't tell if prone is on console or not, from the way the message was worded.

Of all the complains about games these days lacking prone, I actually find it to be better for a game to not have prone. It's just hideous when you recall just how retarded it got in Battlefield 2.

Man i hope prone is in for consoles.

Homefront has a nice anti camp feature.
And because this is in the future you could make it so that when a sniper is camping and has a lot of kills the game is giving a rough estimation on where the camper is sitting, and the more kills the camper makes the accurate the estimated area becomes. And give some extra incentive for console me,me,me crowd to go after the camper like more points.

Fall 2011?

nice

agree with Destruction over player count as well. This sounds to be incredible. Can not wait to see the new destruction and lighting engine.

Jets, prone and 64 player multiplayer (PC) are back. I can't tell if prone is on console or not, from the way the message was worded.

Dat news!

1236750169848.jpg

64player PC. That seals it. I don't mind prone on the PC. Jets in BF2 were silly so hopefully they are nerfed. I like how the Huey's are done on the 360 in Vietnam. A great pilot can do a lot of damage but they can be brought down.

Proned was fine on BF2. Never had an issue with it. Spotting and a good Commander should take care of the prone campers. As long as they can keep dolphin diving in check, it should be ok. Hacks is hacks. That's upto the dev and their anti cheat system to sort out.

God I loved dropping artillery, ammo crates, and later jeeps on camping snipers as a Commander in BF2. Still makes me laugh.

Not liking the jets though. DICE always screws up the balance for those. We better get decent AA at least.

Any word on system specs? BF always ran best on nVidia, so the gpu is easy enough I guess, but what about CPU?

Back