[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Nice! I've been having such a blast playing BF2:BC lately. However, I noticed that the hit detection in Vietnam is really weird compared to the regular game. We were in a party of 8 the other day playing the regular game, then went to Vietnam and everyone had the same consensus. The hit detection in the regular game still isn't CoD good but it works well enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I've been having such a blast playing BF2:BC lately. However, I noticed that the hit detection in Vietnam is really weird compared to the regular game. We were in a party of 8 the other day playing the regular game, then went to Vietnam and everyone had the same consensus. The hit detection in the regular game still isn't CoD good but it works well enough.

Did they find the hit detection in Vietnam better or worse? I found myself to generally be pretty good at both. Lately Vietnam has seemed laggy, resulting in misses that shouldn't be. It wasn't like that for the first few weeks.

Vietnam to be worse. Like you said, it could be the lag which seems to be more present in vietnam than the regular game. The game does an interesting job of masking lag. Everything looks fine and runs smooth, it's just that shots don't register.

Yeah next game informer will be about Battlefield 3.
gami215front.jpg

I can imagine what the reaction to "sets its sights on Call of Duty" will be, especially in PC circles.

Game Informer March Cover
The franchise that revolutionized online multiplayer for PC games is back.

In our world-exclusive cover story, Game Informer unveils the first numbered entry in the Battlefield series since 2005. Many longtime fans are wondering, "what took so long?!" DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up. Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 "the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games."

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Frequent the Battlefield 3 hub throughout the month of February for more exclusive features about the highly anticipated shooter coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.

Doesn't matter, Scott. We all gotta build PCs for this. Just work it out somehow.

That said, I'd be willing to make a donation to the Zunderholz fund.

Back