[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Yeah, I'd say BC2 is more fun than BO due to the extra dimensionality of the gameplay and more teamwork focus. I'll likely get the new DLC too. BC2 did jungle foliage pretty well, so Vietnam should be a good time.

What I'd really like to see is BF2142 as an XBLA game. That would rawk. (You listening Repi?)

I really need to figure out if I can find a used copy cheap, or get a cheap copy somewhere. It's pretty stupid, because all I need is the disc. Since I bought the game used, I already have the codes etc. I'm buying a disc to play DLC for a game I previously owned. It's kind of balls.

Well, I am eagerly awaiting BF vietnam DLC.

BF is simple the best online game available (IMO, at least on PS3) and some new content never hurts.

I also have now a new PSN account..use it as a fresh start for BF online and unlock my favorite classes again :)

No way of knowing whether it is related or not but after downloading and installing the latest PS3 patch (1.7 Gigs!) I had all all sound go silent during a match and a double beep reboot triggered when I tried to exit the game at the end of the round afterwards. I have had the odd lockup in the past but sound has never cut out like that before.

Hopefully this is not going to become a common issue. Anyone else experiencing any issues post patch?

Cheers

I really need to figure out if I can find a used copy cheap, or get a cheap copy somewhere. It's pretty stupid, because all I need is the disc. Since I bought the game used, I already have the codes etc. I'm buying a disc to play DLC for a game I previously owned. It's kind of balls.

I just did some research that we won't need the Ultimate Edition. That just has "onslaught mode" which is just a horde like mode. Not needed for MP gameplay. Just a standard disc will do.

My best real life friend recommended me BF 1943 to play online from time to time and I downloaded it. My overall impressions are on the positive side though I don't excel at it, it's all about the fun. Especially when playing on the same team and your friend is an expert.

"Hey, get in the boat", "look at that plane, be careful", "they are on the other side", "WEEEEEEEE I destroyed the tank *BONK* ACK! Sorry, man! You were on my way!". Typical stuff.

Dlc trailer map pack 7 looks really awesome need to finish up Ass creed 2 and jump in onto Bad company 2. Gotta love my favorite BC 1 map is in Oasis and that Heavy metal map looks awesome

Is it MP only? or does it have SP missions too?

MP only. Five maps, some new weapons, different vehicles, different skins. It's really not all that different from Bad Company 2 vanilla, but the new maps are great. It's also pretty awesome to drive around in a tank, blaring Fortunate Son, while raining flame down on everything.

Downloaded it this morning before work. First thing I'm gonna do tonight is set someone on fire with the flame thrower.

Played a few games of BC2 last night just to get used to the controls. God damn that was fun! Went on a sniper and mortar spree. :D

The game has a much different pace and flow than vanilla Bad Company 2. The amount of foliage makes it easier for the assaulting team to advance, and I find it much easier to get disoriented and snuck up on. Sometimes I have a difficult time figuring out which way the attack is coming from. The maps are more open, and it's easier to get flanked. Flamethrowers are deadly on in heavy underbrush areas. Definitely liking the game a lot, but it's a little tougher for my style of play. I still find I do very well. Haven't jumped in a tank yet, to see if I can still wreak havoc like I used to. I heard the anti-tank weapons are weak, so I'm hoping I'll be an unstoppable menace. I had an easy enough time decimating teams with the tank in vanilla.

I also find the visuals are much busier, to the enemies don't stick out nearly as clearly, so the long distance game is more difficult.

Back