• Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mymypchd577012.jpg

http://www.mymypc.com/vbp/forum/showthread.php?t=6947

14 SIMDs... :LOL: ;) (look at feature 1 and 6 and compare it to HD 5870)

Indeed it is, someone here already calculated it could have up to 24-26 SIMDs in that space (including the TUs of course)

Is it possible to open a Cypress chip and make a picture?
If yes I am sure NV already did that. How come there are none on the internet?

Is it possible to open a Cypress chip and make a picture?
If yes I am sure NV already did that. How come there are none on the internet?

It's called a micrograph (I think? I'm sure someone corrected me on that one while back), and one reason why there isn't such might be just the fact that there are those "hidden units" and we'll get micrographs once perhaps HD5890 with "everything enabled" is out?

ATi pretty rarely releases die-shots to the public, TBH.
There was one for R520, an unidentified R600 layer shot (here, on B3D) and the famous bigass RV770 wallpaper, together with the hi-res full wafer picture.
For NV, you can find great variety of shots all the way back to NV3 (RiVA128), an now even the unreleased Fermi.

Come on, Dave -- give us something, even being censored... :LOL:

It's called a micrograph (I think? I'm sure someone corrected me on that one while back), and one reason why there isn't such might be just the fact that there are those "hidden units" and we'll get micrographs once perhaps HD5890 with "everything enabled" is out?

Somebody has to have some friends at universities with a proper equipment.
Wasn't Charlie doing some pictures of those famous bumps?
Who can step up? :)

Why no die shot?
AMD's afraid of this forum's amazing powers of analysis that deduced so much from the RV770 shot.

They're afraid that now that we've had practice, we'll see the orientation of the texture units, and immediately realize that the guy in charge of RTL verification for Cypress was wearing a woman's thong the entire time.

It's sad, really. We figured that out when it was disclosed there were 80 TMUs.

800SPs it is, then. I have to admit I did not expect the price to be so low. But this brings up the question: what the hell was that 1120SPs business?

Ok, so 800 SP (and bye bye to the Cypress with "secret" SIMDs).

So all the stores publishing the specs were wrong, and also Anandtech that stated 14 SIMD (and so was I hoping there was more).

In this case, 5770 is a direct competitor to the GTX260, as probabbly it will perform at 4870 level and 5750 will substitute the 4850.

It will be interesting to see these chips in a notebook...

Back