Resistance 2

Whereas the beserker looks look like something the player shouldn't go near, the titan looks like something that I would try to run towards and try melee in the ass.

True enough ! That's exactly what I did on several occassions in the beta. Damn comrades didn't do their jobs. :(

Is it me or is the character on the left a subject of LOD?

The right one I think was from the UT3 character selection. A MOD I presume? Or is it from GoW2?

The R2 is a not so good magazine scan and the gears shot is a UT3 mod probably on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whereas the beserker looks look like something the player shouldn't go near, the titan looks like something that I would try to run towards and try melee in the ass.

Well duh. The berserker here doesn't have a ranged weapon so you'd be stupid to go near it, whereas the titan is huge and has a big-ass heavy gun, so obviously you'll want to attack it from behind, at short range so you can stay behind it. ;)

On a more serious note, yes, the Berserker looks bad-ass. He reminds me of skeletor on steroids. Would like to see the context of the full screen on both though.

Well duh. The berserker here doesn't have a ranged weapon so you'd be stupid to go near it, whereas the titan is huge and has a big-ass heavy gun, so obviously you'll want to attack it from behind, at short range so you can stay behind it. ;)

Run Arwin Run !

That would be the last words you hear from me when you go toe-to-ass with a Titan. The odd's pretty steep. I had to do it because I ran out of ammo and no one came to my rescue. :no: It's usually safer to tackle it from a distance.

On a more serious note, yes, the Berserker looks bad-ass. He reminds me of skeletor on steroids. Would like to see the context of the full screen on both though.

I think the actual experience will depend on the behaviour and stats of the critters in-game. Beyond cutscenes and static shots, it's hard to see in-game character details sometimes. However if a Titan is awfully clever, I am bound to remember it (for repeated play !).

The "excuse" they keep bringing up that they pre-render them only for loading purposes is pure BS and it is just a poor excuse for their lack of time/talent, or even worse - lack of interest, to optimise the cutscenes to run in realtime.
I don't think any sane person would give up all the benefits of the realtime rendered cutscenes for a few extra seconds worth of loading time. It is unconcievable.

wat.

You're saying that Naughty Dog and Insomniac are LAZY and lack TALENT?

wow.

I missed that comment.

el_rika, it's not an excuse. Insomniac and Naughty Dog have some pretty advanced streaming engines going on, but when a completely new environment needs to be loaded and it's the first time you go there, some loading is necessary.

In Uncharted, they've done it in a quite interesting way, and you can test this by the various ways you can go into a level. For instance, if you boot up the game and start in a new chapter, then if you skip the intro to that chapter (which you can), you'll see a loading screen.

If you finish the previous chapter and enter that same chapter, that loading screen will sometimes be shorter, because it already streamed some parts of the level and keeps some bits of the game in memory (or in the HD cache it uses).

You can see the exact way in which this works in the document that Naughty Dog released on their own website during GDC, detailing almost the whole engine, including the BluRay-HDD-RAM streaming mechanism they used.

I wonder, by the way, if there are really benefits to realtime rendered non-interactive cutscenes other than saving some space on the disc, which often isn't that big an issue on the PS3 as it is on other consoles for obvious reasons. I think getting the framerate of those cutscenes with decent framerates, etc., is typically more work for the developer and more work for the artist. If you make them interactive however, that's a wholly different story of course.

R2VSGEOW1.jpg

Is it just me? Or anyone else finds RE2 to be a bit.. underwhelming :cry:

The big diff is see is bitch tits vs formed pecs.

The R2 is a not so good magazine scan and the gears shot is a UT3 mod probably on PC.

If anything its default, though it looks less detailed than default UT3 characters. The mapping and artwork makes it stand out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12902892&postcount=1234

hi everybody,

I'm exhausted, but we showed co-op, SP and MP... some folks played co-op for close to two hours, others played SP for that time, and others played MP. We went for over four hours and still had to kick people off.

Feedback was universally and exceptionally positive.

I'll be on a plane tomorrow when everything breaks. Rest assured i'll be around to answer questions when I get in.

And yes, all the screenshots you'll see tomorrow are real...

I assume the realtime lighting will finally be like it was in the (Iceland) bullshots that they released at the beginning of the year?
Either way, I look forward to seeing whatever R2 media presents itself. I was very outspoken about the game's rough looking state back at E3. We'll see if that's changed.

http://www.psu.com/Resistance-2-details-and-media-coming-later-today-News--a0004884-p0.php

Insomniac fans take note; PSU will be unleashing a host of all-new Resistance 2 media later on today, as the hotly anticipated sequel’s November release draws ever closer.

For starters, we’ll be releasing over 15 new screenshots for your viewing pleasure, accompanied by four new videos depicting everything from the single player campaign to the game’s extensive multiplayer component.

Topping off our Resistance 2 media outburst will be a huge preview of the game, covering every major aspect available from our recent hands-on with the near-finished build of the title last week.

Tickle your fancy? We thought it might. Stay tuned to PSU for our Resistance 2 media showcase later toda

Damn ! its night here and I am dying to sleep ! Looks like I'll miss the initial reactions and will have to watch it tomorrow evening after job or something :rolleyes: :(!

IGN Hands-On

Speaking of multiplayer, the battlefield was extremely pitched, with the 60 player battles raging across the various maps that we played on. Even with watching about two or three rounds and playing a few myself, I was struck by the fact that it didn't seem as though I was watching the same location twice. I was informed that combined across the traditional multiplayer modes (like Deathmatch) and the squad-based Skirmish mode, there will be more than 70 maps for players to fight across, which could be one of the largest multiplayer experiences ever made.

Just to be clear, it's not 70 UNIQUE maps, rather, multiple maps with dozens of different layout types, which come to a total of about 70 or more.

Back