Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Megadrive1988, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil my grapes.
    Veteran Newcomer

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear: I only meant in relation to other XBox controllers. Or at least the X360 and XB1 controllers, as I've never used an OG XBox controller.

Good. I was quite disappointed by the softness of the XB1 controller's triggers when compared to the heft of the X360's triggers. I had no idea they had force feedback though, so maybe that was a necessary compromise? Or am I in a relative minority that enjoyed the firmness of the X360 trigger resistance?

I'm certainly in the minority of people who always liked the boomerang DS3.

2. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

I've always found the trigger rumble in the One a bit lacking. They don't add a lot compared to the linear motors in the Switch (and presumably the DS, based on the comments).

I agree on the 360 triggers being better than the One's. I like the Series triggers more, even though they're a little less firm. The feel is better.

3. chris1515

Legend Regular

If you understand french the best teardown of Xbox Series X

Funny he launched the console without the fan, it stopped to work after 2 minutes of Gears 5 and the hottest component is the SSD.

He doesn't do only console analysis, he thinks manufacturing quality is great and the cost is high.

He gives details about the full electronics and give reference for all chips including some use for the PSU. he does tons of measure you only see on other type of hardware.

#2543 chris1515, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    VitaminB6, turkey, DSoup and 4 others like this.
  4. snc

snc
    Regular Newcomer

did he make similar analys of ps5 and If yes what was his thoughts

5. chris1515

Legend Regular

He doesn't have the PS5 or Xbox Series X a website frandroid borrow it the XSX. If someone do the same with the PS5 maybe he will do an analysis.

6. thicc_gaf

Newcomer

Wish I still kept up with my French :S

7. thicc_gaf

Newcomer

New footage for The Medium. Really like how this is looking so far and the vibe the game gives. Very much in spirit of the earlier Silent Hill games. Also like how it mimics the fixed camera angles of older survival-horror games but with the dynamism to camera like in Code Veronica.

All that and as well, indicating health status for the "ghost" when having an out-of-body experience by the "ghost" body gradually and dynamically flaking away is very neat. I wonder if there will be gameplay incentives to wanting to have the body break away, like maybe at a certain point you can actually phase through doors and walls otherwise inaccessible.

Cyan and Johnny Awesome like this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

David Jaffe, the creator of God of War, prefers the Series X over PS5, specially 'cos of two facts: quick resume and gamepass.