Xbox One (Durango) Technical hardware investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been about 2 months and 20 days from the PS4 reveal that gave vgleaks a whole lot of credibility on the next gen specs, and we're basically stuck at the specs back from December/January for the next xbox specs.

Pretty much every rumor that came up along the way were undoable, incredible, specs don't add up, have their math wrong, or/and were simply made up with a lot of hope involved.

Oh would Microsoft just release the specs so everybody would stop guesstimating.

who says he is an animator or what?
anyway in his position he surely can know more than all of us combined;
68 GB/s is relative at DDR3's rumor, if the machine is different, the BW and the bus will be different of course, Assuming what he's saying, durango has 8 GB GDDR5 way more before than the reveal of the 8 GB from sony.
If he's right, the vgleaks are correct, precise but outdated specs;
maybe Microsoft have two different hardware layout, only one will be in the marked, and this is one of them;
And all the software is rumored to runs on a high level layer for future "hardware compatibility purpose", remember? so if they have two design ready, they could choose which version of durango launch in mass production;

if it is the case, maybe the eSram is not here anymore, who knows.

You're talking about a total redesign overhaul that ends up in a machine that is effectively a PS4 minus 6 CUs. That can't be good for Microsoft for a whole variety of reasons.

Sounds like more and more praise to the Sony design if you ask me. A whole lot of wishful thinking so far has been to copy the PS4 design to match it.

You're talking about a total redesign overhaul that ends up in a machine that is effectively a PS4 minus 6 CUs. That can't be good for Microsoft for a whole variety of reasons.

Sounds like more and more praise to the Sony design if you ask me. A whole lot of wishful thinking so far has been to copy the PS4 design to match it.

Because MS aren't telling everyone what's so great about theirs yet.

They'll definitely talk about the specs as they did with 360, they're revealing a new console.

GDDR5 makes no sense with esram. Just why would thier slower GPU need twice as much bandwidth as the PS4 GPU?

They might want to say that "Xbox Whatever" has 8GB of RAM without specifying the type and say that Kincet 2.0 integrated is awesome but no way they will revel that Durango has worst specs then PS4.

They might want to say that "Xbox Whatever" has 8GB of RAM without specifying the type and say that Kincet 2.0 integrated is awesome but no way they will revel that Durango has worst specs then PS4.

What is left to reveal from current specs then (if you exclude intended emission of key words)?

IF durango has worse specs, buf what if it is on par plus eSRAM, SHAPE audio block, MOVE engine's and so on?

IF durango has worse specs, buf what if it is on par plus eSRAM, SHAPE audio block, MOVE engine's and so on?

What if Durango is a supercomputer with 16 i7s and 4 Radeon HD 8970s with sunscreen, a popcorn machine, and a microwave attached?

Speculation without evidence gets you absolutely nowhere.

What if Durango is a supercomputer with 16 i7s and 4 Radeon HD 8970s with sunscreen, a popcorn machine, and a microwave attached?

Speculation without evidence gets you absolutely nowhere.

we have no evidences at all, all we have is the words from a man of Blizzard, and a LOT of official claims that gives durango and orbis on pair

this anyway is not a VS thread, so we're supposed to talk only of speculations on durango hardware, it's annoying that the same user continue to post only "durango have inferior specs" all the time
and nobody have evidences that's true, even your irony "What if Durango is a supercomputer with 16 i7s and 4 Radeon HD 8970s with sunscreen, a popcorn machine, and a microwave attached?" is out of place or you are meant that it's impossible that durango has eSram, SHAPE audio block and move engines?

seems that about durango only negative speculations are acccepted from some, but what we read from different sources is that:

a) both are very very similar
b) durango can have gddr5

those are the latest rumors, about what want you speculate?

They'll talk about the esram and what they can do with it, how great that is.

TBH I do not think they will go into specs much. Unless it is faster why even bother mentioning it. Just show games and concetrate on pros like Kinect 2, windows OS etc...

TBH I do not think they will go into specs much. Unless it is faster why even bother mentioning it. Just show games and concetrate on pros like Kinect 2, windows OS etc...
They did with the Xbox 360, while Sony were saying their PS3 was twice as powerful. Or at least they came back with slides and comparisons

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty much. I don't even think they did that much for 360's unveiling actually. Curious to see if they release a spec sheet afterwards.

I'm hoping for a HotChips Xbox architecture presentation by AMD/MS. They did something like that for the 360 architecture.

seems that about durango only negative speculations are acccepted from some, but what we read from different sources is that:

a) both are very very similar
b) durango can have gddr5

those are the latest rumors, about what want you speculate?

You mean "carefully hand picked sources".

From what I see from the "blizzard guy", he said it always had 8GB gddr5, and Sony upped to match it.
Do we have to out the timeframe when 8GB GDDR5 is even possible?
Mass production of those chips didn't even occur until 2013, and Sony upped to 8GB because they found these chips suitable pretty much at the last minute, and you think Microsoft has been counting on these being available the whole time?

Furthermore, the existence of the eSRAM basically debunked the GDDR5 flat out. Why have a slower eSRAM when you have a high bandwidth GDDR5?

Too many things point to Durango not having GDDR5 if you calm down and stop wishful thinking.

Both are very very similar in what?

you can say 12 CUs and 18 CUs are similar and different according to different metrics, but the difference sure is there.

Is feasible, in the future, to change from DDR3 to DDR 4, maintaining the BW? any benefits if true?

Can lower die space

If they double the speed and double the capacity they can have half the chips on their boards

If they can do it, that is.

When you're pushing DDR3 to its limits, changing to DDR4 may cause anomalies in older software due to variances between the two standards

LOL, 21st can't come soon enough. :LOL:

I don't know why people are expecting something different from what VGLeaks leaked months ago. They got PS4's specs right with the exception of the amount of memory, a change which even some developers within Sony didn't know about. So, it's quite logical to assume the Xbox specs are just as accurate.

Can lower die space

If they double the speed and double the capacity they can have half the chips on their boards

If they can do it, that is.

When you're pushing DDR3 to its limits, changing to DDR4 may cause anomalies in older software due to variances between the two standards

But I mean the same bandwidth than DDR3 (68GB/s), only the benefits of lower voltages or smaller chips. The game will see the same bw. I'm asking if it is feasible, a second model for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back